PDA

View Full Version : 2 big DVD releases for the US in October!

Last Exile
30th September 2004, 01:54 AM
US anime fans, you are getting two very good titles this month.

They are Paranoia Agent and Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Plus Chrno Crusade DVD1 came out for September.

There's three DVDs worth getting or renting. Check them out ASAP.

Riachu64
30th September 2004, 09:23 AM
Mmm... Chrno Crusade.... Now if I only had money for things other than manga.

EVme15
30th September 2004, 07:12 PM
You forgot uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King. ;)

I'm planning on getting Chrno Crusade (once I get back in a Best Buy, I haven't been there in so long ;-; ), and I'll be sure to check out Paranoia Agent one way or another. Shingetsutan Tsukihime I may see, I may not.

Also...
All hail Gravitation! *grins*

Last Exile
1st October 2004, 10:46 AM
Oh yes, final DVDs for Gravitation and hack//twilight are out for October too.

We're thinking of showing Gravitation out our state's anime club! Oh, I'd love to see the guys freak out when they see it! ;)

Just a brief summary of what the three I mentioned above are about:

Chrno Crusade (Action/Horror)[Steam Punk] - America, 1928. Fresh out of WWI and the birth of jazz, underground cults have given rise to the awakening of demons. Only nuns, equipped with guns, of the Magdalan Order, can combat these deadly foes. Rosette Christopher, the most gung-ho of them all, is joined by the demon Chrono in her search for her missing brother Joshua, who was tricked into joining the demons. But Rosette and Chrno soon find there's far more at stake. Chrono will have to face demons from his past and Rosette will be a major player in a struggle which will ultimately decide the fate of the world.

Paranoia Agent (Psychological Thriller) - Popular toy designer Sagi Tsukiko is in a tight spot for designing a new hit toy. One night on the way home, she is attacked boy a young boy wielding a golden baseball bat...or was she?! No one believes her story, until more victims pile up. Paranoia grips Tokyo as 'Shounen Bat' strikes! But as Ikari and Maniwa, the two cops assigned to the case, will discover, the truth and the lies are almost impossible to separate. EVERYONE has a dark, paranoid side to them! What the hell is going on?!

Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Vampire/Romance/) - Modern Tokyo is under attack from a serial killer, which has the characterstics of vampire attacks. Shiki, a 16-year old student, doesn't seem too special, aside from the fact he nearly died when he was eight. But that is hardly the case. Ever since that day, he has been able to see the 'lines of death', and if he cuts them with his special knife, her can destroy ANYTHING! One day on the way home, Shiki goes into a trance and kills a young adult woman...or so he thought! Turns out the woman is actually Arcueid, the Princess of the Vampires! And she's not happy at all. Shiki is forced into aiding Arcueid in her duels with the evil vampires that threaten Tokyo, but learns there's more to vampires than he originally thought and that the people around him aren't what they seem to be. That, somehow, in the most unlikely person, Arcueid is his only hope.

Roarkiller
1st October 2004, 11:48 AM
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Vampire/Romance/) - Modern Tokyo is under attack from a serial killer, which has the characterstics of vampire attacks. Shiki, a 16-year old student, doesn't seem too special, aside from the fact he nearly died when he was eight. But that is hardly the case. Ever since that day, he has been able to see the 'lines of death', and if he cuts them with his special knife, her can destroy ANYTHING! One day on the way home, Shiki goes into a trance and kills a young adult woman...or so he thought! Turns out the woman is actually Arcueid, the Princess of the Vampires! And she's not happy at all. Shiki is forced into aiding Arcueid in her duels with the evil vampires that threaten Tokyo, but learns there's more to vampires than he originally thought and that the people around him aren't what they seem to be. That, somehow, in the most unlikely person, Arcueid is his only hope.

Uh...

1) He doesnt have a 'special' knife. Its juz an ordinary flick knife that was given to him. But i like the design tho :D

2) He didnt exactly go into a trance. Actually, this wasnt properly explained in the show. Dunno the exact details tho, have to ask my friend.

3) Shiki wasnt forced, he was persuaded.

EDIT: Sorry to have to, but you did give away some crucial stuff. I was staying along the lines of what the promo material in Newtype was willing to reveal. Don't want to give away the crux of the series before they see any, becasue you let a major point slip, mate. Sorry but I had to cut it out.

Last Exile
1st October 2004, 12:58 PM
Well, that's debatable. I don't think Shiki was persuaded initially. Arcueid was very mad with Shiki to begin with (understandably!) and was going to force him no matter what. I mean, it's because she tracked him down that he got involved in the first place. However, persuasion did eventuate, but we'll leave it at that, otherwise we're giving away too much.

On Shiki's history, it's alluded to in a late episode and reasonably explained but the game explained more. I actually have a file which fully explains the game version but that would reveal far too much. There probably won't be a need to add additional info, mate. I was just trying to provide US people with some idea of what they'll be getting into if they try those series out. Thanks for pointing out a thing or two though. ;) Appreciated.

Roarkiller
2nd October 2004, 09:59 AM
I was just trying to provide US people with some idea of what they'll be getting into if they try those series out. Thanks for pointing out a thing or two though. ;) Appreciated.

Ah sou. Nan nara ii ze. Tokoro sa, ano machigai wa gomen na.
*Ah, I see. 'Kay then. And by the way, sorry bout that mistake.*