PDA

View Full Version : [YGO] Apprentice - Week 1

Yoh Asakura
2nd October 2004, 05:08 AM
Well me and DY just had... about 5 duels? 3/2 to DY.

Duel 1

Really closely matched, both our Lifepoints where going down at much the same rate with a few hundred as the difference. I think it was 2100/2300 before DY managed to finish me with a Ex Virus and a Breaker. Breaker removing my last Trap and Ex Virus cleaning my field. I had nothing left to revive to save my ass with since he kinda decimated my Graveyard with a Kaiku throughout the match and I lost my protection on the first turn thanks to an Emissary Of Destruction.

Jay 0 - 1 DY

Duel 2

This was over pretty quick with an early Dragon Bone and a Theft of Blade Knight. But Chaos Soldier hitting Zoma was the thing that took DY out. If he didn't attack Zoma I would of Des Ringed him to clean up at 1200/0.

Jay 1 - 1 DY

Duel 3

Pretty poor hand for me, full of monsters, I won't blame my loss on this though, I'll blame it on that damn Ex Virus >=[ Pretty quick duel. My hand was empty for the majority of the duel, both of us played Hand Obliteration, it just sucks that I had nothing in my hand at the time of his activation. Was a pretty avarage duel.

Jay 1 - 2 DY

Duel 4 was nice though, I had supreme Field and Hand control, with a Dragon Bone Orge, Zoma, SHS & Revival Mummy all out in play with a Tidal Wave set for protection and a Book in my hand. I had his APS & BMOC removed since I went way OTT with monster summoning and Removal. DY managed to stall for lord knows how long... it must of been 4 maybe 5 turns of just pure stall, then he conceaded.

Jay 2 - 2 DY

Duel 5

By far was the worst. Fiber Pod is Gay! it should of stayed banned! Damn thing screwed me over since DY played it as his First card -_-; I walked right into it with a nice strong hand and field control and then I draw crap... He did lose Chaos Soldier on his... second/third turn was it? To a Sixth Sense gone wrong. DY Called 5/6 and I rolled a 1, the 1 card he has to discard from the whole deck was Chaos Soldier hehe I had nothing to come back with though since my hand was slowly discarded through the next few turns thanks to a clean field and a Don Zaruug, not to mention the endless supply of bounce, destroy and Removal cards he had ready.

Jay 2 - 3 DY

I enjoyed it though. I found out the best conversion of my sideboard (Can you tell which duel it happend in? *Points to 4* ). I should of used Despair due to DY's hand discard... but it's early morning and I'll use any excuse at the moment x]

DY's Chaos deck works nice with the new bannings, kinda took me off guard since It's the first one I've lost to with my Undead deck in a LONG time. As known by nearlly all though, Ex Virus is the biggest weakness in my deck.

DY feel free to add~

Dark-San
2nd October 2004, 05:41 AM
Luckly you were online. I couldn't hit to my local card store due to the fact I'm having fever (37.9 degrees celeius). My mom insisted that I stay at home and confiscated my key for the day. Darn it! Had my Panadol and is know recovering nicely in front of the computer dueling with Jay.

Match 1 goes nicely as plan. Emissary of Destruction took your Aposltes of Harmony and from there the odds against you I must say are prety large. I have to sacrifice my apostles of harmony too in doing that lolz. My mistake in match 2 to attack your Zoma. Lolz~ I didn't know of the effect of the trap card until you mentioned that it was a token creature with magic cylinder effect.

Match 3? Pretty average duel like you have mentioned. No comments on round 3. By right round 4 was your best I must admit. You got total control and keep screwing me with Dragon Bone Orge and gang. If you hadn't have Black Magician of Chaos removed, I could have simply turned the tide using Early Burial. Smart move!

Fiber Jar is a 1337 card! Woot~ I got 2 useless magic and 3 creatures. The magics are Reinforcement of Army and Emissary of Obliteration. I was thinking of using Reinforcement of Army but on second thoughts whats the use of it right? After all I have both Dimension Warrior Girl and Blade Knight already at my hand. So here I go using Fiber Jar. And only God knows what happen next lolz~

My deck isn't working perfectly yet. I've lost some matches in my local store a few days ago. So I will be modifying it for a while and maybe post up for some comments and proberly fixes k in prepartion for the Nov tourney!

Yoh Asakura
2nd October 2004, 06:20 AM
Fiber sucks~ I hate the damn thing, I hate all Pod & Pot monsters Fiber, Cyber, Dice, etc Dimension Pod I like though x]

It's been a long time since that deck has lost to anything, last thing it lost to was a OTK. So you're not the only one who needs to modify~

jesschow12
2nd October 2004, 10:09 AM
Emissary of Destruction and Aposltes of Harmony

wats the efefct of those 2 cards?

Yoh Asakura
2nd October 2004, 10:47 AM
Apostles = Wobaku

Emissary of Destruction... urgh...

Emissary of Destruction
Destroy 1 face-down card in a Magic/Trap zone and remove it from the game. If card is a Trap card, search each player's deck for the destroyed card, and destroy them and remove them all from the game. Shuffle those decks afterward.

Dunno what it is in English...

Dark-San
2nd October 2004, 11:02 AM
Emissary of Destruction = Nobleman of Extermination

Yoh Asakura
3rd October 2004, 06:43 AM
Well I've updated my deck, I've played around and got some new ideas from some people.
An easy Vampire Lord/Dragon Bone + some excess force should be nice. I'm not too sure if I should keep with the discard though.... I've switched it around with my sideboard to make it Power Discard... which might not be so smart going against a Chaos deck.. that is.. unless I manage to discard Chaos Soldier... Hmmm

Anybody up for a duel? I need to test it~

LE, if you have App you can see how that No Monster deck runs x]