PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Music Dragon
3rd October 2004, 03:29 AM
Two questions!

1. Altaria learns Haze through breeding. I know what the best and most common Hazers are, but could I consider using Altaria as a Hazer?

2. FireRed and LefGreen were released two days ago. I'm going to buy LeafGreen! What roles are the starters best suited for? I just can't choose, so I thought it might be easier if I knew what I should use them for.

andyizcool
3rd October 2004, 03:49 AM
1. I wouldn't recommend Altaria as a Hazer because it's a UU Dragon Pokemon. UU Pokemon aren't used except in UU Tournaments or if people really want to test their skills. Remember Dragon/Flying Pokemon like Altaria have that annoying weakness to Ice that'll probably OHKO it because it has bad Stats as well.

2. Venusaur - Annoyer
Charizard - Physical Sweeper/Special Sweeper
Blastoise - Tank

rinku
3rd October 2004, 05:51 PM
1. Altaria has better defences than most other Flying Dragons (and is on par with Dragonite). The Ice weakness is just something they have to live with, but at least Altaria has the outright best Special Defense of the category (base 105) so is about the only one who can survive a single non-STAB Ice Beam. It's not an attacking pokémon, though Dragon Dance can make it so. Normally you see it with Dragon Dance and Aerial Ace (which tends to preclude the Haze option). Something like this:

Dragon Dance
Aerial Ace
Perish Song
Earthquake

For Hazing, something like this?

Haze
Perish Song
Aerial Ace
Dragonbreath/Ice Beam

...with effort and nature focussed on defences.

2. Venusaur is a decent Special Attacker/Defenser - it's base SA and SD are 100 after all. However it does have a "limit" in that the only Special type moves it learns are Grass ones, unless you get a suitable Hidden Power.

Bulbasaur will easily get you through the first two Gyms (Rock and Water), by which time you shouldn't need to rely on your starter much.