PDA

View Full Version : [p] Geez, No wonder I go unoticed.

Toxicity
4th October 2004, 03:39 PM
I need to stop constantly making polls.

1. Are you trendy?
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work?
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender)
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? (as in shirts)
5. Do you go unnoticed?
Completely unneeded and optional question:
6. What music video shocks you the most?

1. Nope. Never have been and never will be.

2. Wasn't supposed to be a trend, but I remember last school year I went a whole day wearing an air freshener around my wrist. It obviously failed if I was doing it to set a trend, but I smelled like citrus the whole day.

3. I'm not exactly fond of the whole poncho thing, but one I don't completely understand that applies for both male and female (mostly female) is the wearing of multiple bracelets. Wouldn't it make your wrists sluggish over time?

4. Ones that I look at least decent in are blue, purple, grey, most greens, light yellow, white, black, and blood/dark red. I'm not exactly the best in red (not blood or dark, but pure), pink, bright yellow, lime green or orange.

5. I did for awhile, until some controversy went on at my school where my dad was fired for all the wrong reasons. Now everybody except teachers now either glare at me or don't know I'm there.

Optional:
6. For me, it would have to be the music video for 'Rock DJ' by Robbie Williams, where he stripped down to the bone - literally. Of course when he got to the skin it was all 3D.

nightcrow
4th October 2004, 05:11 PM
1. I don't really know if I would consider myself truly "trendy" or not. If I see something I like, then it doesn't really matter if it's trendy, or what.

2. Have I ever started a trend? I think I have, but it was a while ago, and not important enough to remember.

3. I was never really into those pants that are too short, kinda like capris but not at the same time. My friends call them shants. lol :)

4. I think I tend to look better in black or bright colors. Worst would probably have to be grey, i think.

5. Depends on the situation/place. If I'm with people I don't know at all then maybe. Otherwise, I don't think so.

6. :sorry:

Lady Vulpix
4th October 2004, 05:21 PM
1. Are you trendy? Nope. Eventually a trend may catch up with me, but otherwise no.
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work? No, I haven't.
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender) That time when they starting wearing colorful pacifier pendants.
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? (as in shirts) Best: blue. Worst: red. However I like to combine many colors at the same time.
5. Do you go unnoticed? No, I don't.

Rocketboy
5th October 2004, 01:05 PM
1. Are you trendy?: Nope. Never
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work?: No, I'm not really a leader.
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender): Pants. You know.
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? (as in shirts):Best: Green, Yellow blue, REd. Worst: brown.
5. Do you go unnoticed?: No.
6. What music video shocks you the most?: Hey, Mama: BEP :disgust:

Cheesey
5th October 2004, 01:55 PM
1. Are you trendy?
No. I never used to be outcast; then I was for a few years; now I'm an outcast again because of mental disorders I've devloped in the past few months. I can't even talk to the people closest to me easily any more.

Nope. Never seen the need to, they never last very long and nobody acknowledges the fact it was you who started the whole thing in the first place anyway.

3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender)
Folk used to put the little question marks on the palm of their hands when 'Where Is The Love' by the Black Eyed Peas came out. I never really understood why they bothered.

I always get told I look miserable even if I'm not, so I guess dark colours? I dunno, I'm just thinking along the lines of wearing bright clothing would contradict my personality or something. I like dark clothes anyway so that's what I wear.

5. Do you go unnoticed?
Not as much as I do now. But now it's just because I try my hardest to make myself unnoticed.

Like you, probably Rock DJ by Robbie Williams. I've always hated him, the video's gross and as I see it all he was trying to do was to make some controversy in the press. "Smack My *ahem* Lady Up" by The Prodigy is a little shocking too.

mr_pikachu
6th October 2004, 03:41 AM
1. Are you trendy?
I play in chess tournaments. That's all you need to know.

Sort of, I guess... I tried to make chess more popular at my school. I'd say it worked pretty well. :D

The "goth" look. I just don't understand what's cool about that. Then again, I don't understand any other trends...

Uh... I'd guess I look worst in yellow and orange. Maybe purple, too. I look my best in all the rest.

5. Do you go unnoticed?
Nope. It's kind of hard not to be noticed, due to... uh... never mind. ;)

It's got to be [insert any music video here]. That one just freaks me out. :lol:

Crystal Mew
6th October 2004, 07:35 PM
1. well, thats what my friends all call me! the trendy one in the group *shrugs* I just like to wear what style I like...and thats kind of the retro style goin on right now =o

2. well one year I started to wear a faded skirt to school, and people started wearing those...and I did the whole "wear a scarf as a belt thing" yeah some people started to do that too. I go to a small school, so yeah...

3. um..... holey clothes?

4. black. and blue too. :)

5. no not really

6. What music video shocks you the most? britney spears "toxic"

what-a-whore :rolleyes:

Andrew
6th October 2004, 07:46 PM
1. Are you trendy? - I try to stay looking good, but I won't spend an arm and a leg, nor will I spend a dime on that shitty current graffitti/street look.
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work? Uh, HELLO, do I LOOK like a fashion designer?
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender) Goth.
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? (as in shirts) Earthy colours and blues.
5. Do you go unnoticed? Meh. I like to be un-noticed when I look shitty.
6. What music video shocks you the most? Oh, um...... I dunno.... Nothing shocks me, but when it does, I usually laugh. Oh for the sake of it, those outrageously trashy Corrs girls ;)

Gengachu
6th October 2004, 08:24 PM
1. Are you trendy?
5. Do you go unnoticed?

1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. I don't know. I've never really payed attention to the trends.
4. I don't know. They're just clothes.
5. No, because I'm smart. People always ask for help on things.

Wolfsong
6th October 2004, 09:05 PM
1. Are you trendy? Not really
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work? Nope, I havent' tried, simply becuase thats not my style.
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender) That would be when i was in high school and guys were wearing they're pants so low and baggy that if they got caught on somethign it would pull them completely off
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? (as in shirts) I would say blue or black look the best. Pink would be the worst.
5. Do you go unnoticed? I'd say that i indeed do. Once i was out for a week when i was in high school. When i came back the teacher told me welcome back, and the guy that sits behind me. And when i say behind me, its me then him. He tapped me on the shoulder and asked me "were you really out? i didn't notice." and that's a true story.

Green_Pikachu
10th October 2004, 12:06 PM
1). Trendy? Not really. I dunno though.
2). Purposely? No. I've started some accidental trends.
3). Uh...the ways most other guys dress. It's ridiculous. I most hate the "collar up" look.
4). Eh...pretty much everything looks awesome on me.
5). To girls? No. Which is all that matters.

6). What music video shocks you the most?
-Huh? I dunno. The ones that suck. I'm always amazed at what songs are popular these days. Music has, for the most part, gotten progressively worse over the years.

Kris
10th October 2004, 02:43 PM
1. I dress how I feel comfortable, which is normally surfy style clothes. And thats pretty trendy these days.
2. Our form group at school all bought these little strechy yellow men. The whole school soon had them
3. Some of the goth clothing is way over the top. Or people who are trying to make a statement. Normally it looks stupid!
4. Blue is my colour. Nearly everything I own is blue.
5. Yeah I never get noticed, but thats how I like it

Heald
10th October 2004, 05:41 PM
1. Are you trendy?
5. Do you go unnoticed?

1. I hate trends. No.
2. Two trends I accidently started. One was drinking as much as you can at a party. Many people have tried to match me but none can ever step to me. I'm not sure if that counts as a trend or just other people jealous of my leet drinking skills. The second was when I invented this dance called the Melon, and that caught on like wildfire. I wish it hadn't.
3. Yo-yos.
4. Blue and black.
5. No. If I'm in the room, EVERYONE knows it.
6. Probably New Disease by Spineshank. I can't believe such a brilliant song has such a shitty video.

PNT510
11th October 2004, 07:45 PM
1. Are you trendy? Not really.
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work? I atempted to skateboard about a year before it was popular does that count?
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? The whole Punky Prep look really annoys me.
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? I donno, grey looks best orange looks worst I guess.
5. Do you go unnoticed? Sometimes

Zak
11th October 2004, 09:25 PM
1. Not really, unless I find interest in said "trend".

2. I've never really tried, but sometimes I have without even trying. Or so I am told.

3. I don't really pay attention to trends that much.

4. Best, probably a really dark green, or blue. Other than that, a yellowish off-white. Worst... pink.

5. I try.

~Zak

kainashi
11th October 2004, 10:05 PM
1. no, i wear what i like.
2. nope.
3. those huge wide legged pants. :notfunny:
4. red and grey look best on me, probably. worst, probably pink. ;)
5. yeah. that's the way i like it.
6. rammstein - mein teil. anyone who has seen it knows what i'm talking about. i like the video though. :round:

Leon-IH
14th October 2004, 05:15 AM
1. Nope, i'm like the guy saying it's retarded in this comic http://www.warbucket.com/site/encyc/view_entry.php?id=913

2. Nope, trends ****ing blow.

3. Pink shirts for guys, WORST IDEA EVAR - kill any guy in a pink shirt.

4. Best on me is just straight black or dark green, worst is red.

5. I don't go unnoticed, I've got huge hair and I hate everyone just about :P

6. Probably the Blue-Oyster Cult video released not long after 9-11 with the mushroom cloud n shiz.

midnightangel
14th October 2004, 03:12 PM
1. Are you trendy?
No...I don't follow the trends now

When I started college one of the latest trends in the fashion magazine was to wear capri pants. I got some of these pants for myself--not because it was cool to have them, but I wanted some shorter pants for the summer.
Little did I realize I started a trend--soon, almost every girl on campus was sporting the capri pants too ;)

The hip hugger pants and the short shirts. Jeeze pull up your pants already :rolleyes:

For me black, dark grey, blue and burgandy look good on me
I can't stand bright, light, or "out there colors"--they look horrible on me

5. Do you go unnoticed?
I always go unnoticed...maybe it's because I'm too quiet *shrugs*

Jay
7th November 2004, 09:13 AM
1. No.
2. Online, I guess, as it's easy to start trends here. Not in real life, though.
3. "Gangster Wear"
4. Black and white. The worst would have to be green, pink, red, yellow, and all the shades.
5. Sometimes. It's normal.
6. All of them.

abunaidesu
30th November 2004, 11:33 PM
1. Are you trendy?
5. Do you go unnoticed?

1 - no, i wear whatever makes me feel comfortable.
2 - no.
3 - guys wearing pink. i guess that hot topic quote "tough guys wear pink" got to people :liplick:
4 - black, red, pink, or white. worst is green lol.
5 - shrug.
6 - n\a

Agent Elrond
1st December 2004, 03:32 PM
1. Are you trendy?

Depends on what trend you're thinking of. Although most of the time I'm very laid back in the way I dress, when I go into town or to some sort of event I often dress nicely with slacks, frilly shirt, and old school jacket. It looks very nice on me, but it's totally not with the style these days.

So yeah, I am very trendy, but it's my OWN trend. :D

I start trends for myself all the time, depending on the season, weather, and my current hair length. Of course, my longest lasting trend has been the "throw on whatever comes out of the bureau first" one. I think many guys follow this.

The fake faded hip huggers, and the tube tops. They are totally no good for wild mountain people like myself.

Best? Oh, any shade of green is always safe with me (I have greenish gray eyes), dark red, black, maroon, and some shades of blue. Worst? Well I dunno, but I HATE pink.

5. Do you go unnoticed?

Only when I want to. Likewise I only get noticed when I want to. :D

Don't watch music videos. :D :wave:

phaedrus
1st December 2004, 05:32 PM
1. Are you trendy? hells no
2. Have you ever tried to start a trend? Did it work? no, i don't bother with trends
3. What's the most ridiculous trend you've seen around school, etc? (among people your gender) trucker hats
4. What colors look the best on you? The worst? (as in shirts) uh what now?
5. Do you go unnoticed? most usually...whenever i wish
6. What music video shocks you the most? in what manner? in weird my vote is cast to take me out by franz ferdinand - video is best high. i would rather not venture into the scary video area.