PDA

View Full Version : A Togepi Mirage!

Light_Togetic
5th October 2004, 01:53 PM
Wow, kinda surprised that no one's started a thread on this yet.

Anywho, what'dya guys think? These two episodes with Misty's short return are my favorites of AG so far. Although, I could be a bit biased *is BIG Misty and Togetic fan*...

It was nice to have a sort of purpose for Togepi. Togepi's egg was, after all, just found by Ash, and it would have been nice to know how it got to that canyon in the first place, but oh well. I also liked watching how Togepi reacted to seeing the other hurt Togepi. It grew up really fast!! o.O No, it probably just realized I guess that this was not the time for fun.

Misty's Gyarados was something that I had been waiting to see in action for too long! A pity it only does like a second of battling. I'd like to see Ash beat that! (Oh who am I kidding, he probably could). Although, I do wish 4Kids would have dubbed the Hoso specials so we would have actually seen her catch Gyarados...

Now onto what I was also waiting for: Togetic! I knew that they just had to keep the Japanese voice; Togetic and Togechikku (maybe Animelee can correct me on that :sweat3: ) sound very similar. I always forget how small Togetic really are; when it first went up to Misty I was like... "Huh?"

A really cool episode, and for me at least, a 10/10.

Animelee
8th October 2004, 05:18 AM
My guess is that since babies have physically smaller brains, so they can't think as well as adults. I guess applies to baby Togepi and "King" Togetic. I, too, was surprised when Togetic acted so mature after acting clueless for so many years -- since Kanto!

Anyways, the name is written as TOGECHIKKU in Katakana, but it can be romanized as Togetic, or what some people use, Togechick. I prefer to stick close to Nintendo of America's romanizations, so I use Togetic. :) So to me, it's the same name. :)

Now that HoSo is over, I hope Kasumi/Misty can return to the main series. She's been gone too long. :(

Rocketboy
8th October 2004, 06:25 AM
I'm sure she'll see Ash in the Hoenn leauge and stick around to go to wherever the hell they're going next season.

Anyway, like I said before, the Togepi saga was my favorite out of the ENTIRE series, and the dub was almost no different. 10/10

Moonlight Espeon
8th October 2004, 11:28 AM
Umm.. I think it was a great episode, I only wish Misty had stayed longer because Misty > May in every aspect. But of course, they had to heighten the drama by making her leave again, so I suppose that it was predictable..
Misty's Gyarados was AWESOME! That was just ownage. Pure ownage.
The only reason I won't give this a 10 is because it was too predictable, you pretty much KNEW that Togepi was going to evolve into Togetic after all of this, I knew exactly when, I knew Togetic was going to stay, so yeah.. It was a great episode, but too predictable for my taste.
I'll give it an 8.5/10

Light_Togetic
8th October 2004, 01:48 PM
Anyways, the name is written as TOGECHIKKU in Katakana, but it can be romanized as Togetic, or what some people use, Togechick. I prefer to stick close to Nintendo of America's romanizations, so I use Togetic. :) So to me, it's the same name.

Oh yay! I was hoping that Togechikku was right. To me, as long as I get one of the forms right (in Katakana or Romanization) it's correct. And I usually like to be correct. :tongue:

homeofmew
8th October 2004, 05:32 PM
what most people don't see is the circle of life, Togetic died and went to paradise, the evolution was like its death in a way. Plus we giot to see it born and all.
But it didn't "DIE" as Latios did.

Moonlight Espeon
8th October 2004, 07:19 PM
I really wouldn't say that it died, it was the barrier between time and space that separated Togepi's Paradise and Mirage Kingdom, as they said in the episode, but your idea WOULD make sense considering the fact that the Togepi come down as if they were angels.

Crystal Mew
9th October 2004, 11:51 AM
oh I didn't know togetic "died" to go into "paradise" I guess kinda like frodo...when he went into the gray havens :(

erm, anyways, I watched this episode because misty was in it, and hello, misty > may (agreeing with someone who posted above)

it was a good episode..I think the best ag episode ever. lol

10/10

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th October 2004, 12:22 PM
Why do people keep saying it died? It was more like it went to an alternate dimension. I mean geez--we saw it leave!

Light_Togetic
11th October 2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, um it didn't die... It went to a sort of other dimension/world that is called paradise for the Togepi. Come on, we saw it looking over the other Togepi at the end of the episode! And it also promised to watch over both the paradise and the "real" world to make sure that what Hansen did would never happen again. Which was part of the reason it left Misty in the first place.

So, yeah, I think that about covers it. I think.

Mondo
27th November 2004, 01:02 AM
*is BIG Misty and Togetic fan
I am as well and think it was a great episode but I think it could have been better. It was nice to see Misty again and her new outfit was cool (except the shoes). And having Togepi evolve into my favorite Pokemon was great, too bad it left.

AKA Pokemon Fan
1st December 2004, 10:16 AM
Others have replied to this but I feel inclined to as well.

what most people don't see is the circle of life, Togetic died and went to paradise, the evolution was like its death in a way. Plus we giot to see it born and all.
But it didn't "DIE" as Latios did.
As nice as such symbolism is, it didn't occur here, there is no evidence.

Togepi are no more born from a spiritual plane than Unown are. Like the Unown, and perhaps other Pokemon, Togepi aren't native to the main Pokemon world's dimension. Unlike the Unown however, the Togepi's home dimension, AKA the Togepi Paradise, seems to be deeply connected with the Earth's (or at least the area of Mirage Kingdom), in that the good or evil actions of people living in Mirage Kingdom affect the Togepi's world for for better or worst. It seems to also be a small dimension, almost like some pocket world that may once have been a part of Earth (pure speculation mind you). Japanese anime and games are full of similar stories of such worlds.

That it is another dimension and not some spiritual plane is clearly evidenced by (among other things) Hansan's orders for his Pokemon to "tear the boundaries of time and space" to open the way to the Togepi Paradise.

Besides, we've seen what Pokemon spirits/souls look like, both in the anime ("The Tower of Terror") and in movie 5 (when Latios loses its physical form due to using up all its life energy and becoming the next Soul Dew). The spirit is transparent and distinctly different from the living Pokemon. Togetic remained completely organic and solid throughout.