PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ Not so good team(need lots o' help)

Vex 47
5th October 2004, 07:06 PM
Okay, the Elite Four is being a lot more of a pain for me than they ever used to be. I would very much aprecciate help with improving my team. Also, I mean for this team to be a competetive team and not just for in-game. So if you could please keep that in mind review away. Don't be afraid to lay it on me.

Jolteon@???
Double Team
T-Wave
T-Bolt
Agility? (I really feel like I shouldn't have this move but don't know what to put)

Raticate@???
Super Fang
Hyper Fang
Focus Energy
????????????

Venasaur@???
Sleep Powder
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Synthesis

Gyrados@???
Dragon Dance
???????????
Ice Beam
Surf

Primeape@???
Swagger
Focus Energy
Rock Tomb
Cross Chop

Pidgeot@???
Whirlwind
Feather Dance
Endeavor/ Toxic (Am I a total idiot? Can he even learn Toxic?)
Wing Attack

Will probably replace Pidgeot for
Marowak@Thick Club
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Counter

Go for it. Thank you soooooooo much in advance!

[Edited Post]

PS100
5th October 2004, 07:48 PM
I'm no good with movesets, but I'll make a couple suggestions.

1) Pick either Pidgeot or Gyrados. a 3x Electric weakness will hurt you a lot.

2) For Venusaur, the special Fr/Lg attack over Solar Beam. While you need to wait after an attack with it, it does more damage, which is good, and if you switch out(assuming you kill the enemy Poke) you don't need to worry about the 1 turn wait.

3) I think all Pokemon that can learn TMs can learn Toxic. At least, that's how it was in GSC. Don't hold me to this.

I hope I helped a little.

PS

Vex 47
5th October 2004, 08:00 PM
Thank you, you did. I actually did have another poke in mind to replace Pidgeot but I can't get Marowak until after the E4. Maybe Dugtrio. Well heres the Marowak moveset I was thinking of:

Marowak@Thick Club
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rockslide
Counter

I don't know what to think of for the Dugtrio.

Poryhedron
6th October 2004, 12:49 AM
You can get Marowak before the E4. March yourself over to Pokémon Tower and kick around the Gastly there until a Cubone shows up. They're rare, but they're there.
Other than that...you lack an Ice-type attack. This is very very bad. I don't care if you're playing Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Crystal or Yellow; in every Pokémon RPG ever made, an Ice-type attack can easily be the difference between victory and defeat at the hands of the Elite Dragon-user Lance/Drake. If you don't want to stick Ice Beam onto any of your current party members, this is worth adding a temporary party member for...preferably an Ice-type who's good with Special. I replaced my Pidgeot with Articuno for the Elite Four.

Xenesis
6th October 2004, 02:35 AM
You can also find wild Marowak skulking around in Victory Road.

Vex 47
6th October 2004, 06:08 PM
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH! So thats where you find Cubone. Thank you so very much! Okay then I need an Ice move. So how 'bout Ice Beam on Gyrados? Would that be okay? Also, if anyone could give a team rate that would be really cool. I'll edit my team post right now.