PDA

View Full Version : Help please.

Sceptile_Master
29th October 2004, 06:08 PM
Okay you know where I am in colloseum from my sig. I am hoping to add raikou as a special sweeper to my party of four to make it five (I hope my current team is okay for the part of the game that I am at). Thing is should I catch Raikou from Ein the first time I see him and get a random raikou. Or should I wait till i get it later (wherever that is) with a masterball (using the master ball trick so I won't lose it ^_^) so I can choose a good raikou for the Job. I am a bit stuck here, and help would be appreciated. Also would this moveset work on raikou:

Raikou@Salac Berry
Modest: 252 Sp Att, 129 Def, 129 HP
Thunderbolt
Crunch
HP special attackive type/Toxic
Calm Mind

Help is appreciated.

EDIT: should I put a bit of speed into the Ev distibution.

andyizcool
29th October 2004, 06:23 PM
Raikou@Salac Berry
Modest: 252 Sp Att, 129 Def, 129 HP
Thunderbolt
Crunch
HP special attackive type/Toxic
Calm Mind

Help is appreciated.

EDIT: should I put a bit of speed into the Ev distibution.
Give it Leftovers and put Substitute in there somewhere. Considering you want to make it a Special Sweeper you should also put 252 EVs into Speed. Also it depends what you'll be using this Raikou for. In game any Sweepers work because EVs should own the Pokemon Colosseum AI unless they start haxing as usual. For competitive battling Raikou can also be a great Pokemon as a Special Sweeper.

Sceptile_Master
29th October 2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks. Up late andy. Me too. ^_^

Orion
29th October 2004, 06:28 PM
Well, I think you should catch it from Ein the first time and restart if you didn't get a good Nature/IVs. As far as my experience go, Shadow Pokémon are like regular Wild Pokémon: their IVs, Nature and Ability (If two Abilities) are randomized as soon as you see them the first time. The Raikou I got from my second stroll at Colosseum was the same the 3 times I found it. It was outstandingly fast, and when I could check its nature, it was a +Speed Nature (Not sure which one.). Yep, that Raikou was always fast, but I can't hack it to see if its IVs/Nature were the same the three times... I can just assume they were taking in count Wild Pokémon mechanics and this small experience.

Now, I think that Moveset is Standar-ish. It's good, though. For Hidden Power try (Or better said, hope.) it's either Grass, Water or Ice. Or at least an Special Attack HP (Hopefully not Dark or Electric.). I think EVs should be 252 SA, 252 Speed and 6 HP. Raikou won't last much against Earthquakes anyway. Your EVs might help it against unSTABed Quakes from weak-ish Pokémon, but Grounds and high-Attack Pokés will cripple it anyway. So, better go for a fast strike. If you Calm Mind enough, you can stop Grounds in their tracks.

Your team is OK for the time being. More variety could be used, though. No worries, my Pokémon had roughly the same Levels as yours when I went against the final boss. Just try to get some variety. Ampharos and Entei are helpful. But it's ultimately your decission. Hope this helped.

Sceptile_Master
30th October 2004, 01:55 PM
Variation. It was no pokemon of the same type. Also In my final team i am adding Ho-oh. I don't want to fill it up with 6 pokemon yet. Also i find Entie the most useless of the legendary dogs. If I can't get a good raikou then I'm importing an Omastar with this killer moveset.

Omastar@Salac Berry
swift swim
Modest: 252 spcl.atk, split the rest equally in evry other stat apart attack.
Rain Dance
Surf/Hydro Pump/Waterfall
Ice Beam
Spikes

Rain dance + swift swim =sweeper speed. Surf/Hydro Pump/Waterfall + STAB + Rain Dance + spcl.atk ev's + Modest nature = OWN ALL. Surf isn't the best on colloseum, it hits both opponent but it's power is half. Hydro Pump/Waterfall hits one opponent with full power. Hrdro Pump is more powerful but Waterfall has more accuracy. Also it doubles as a spiker. A rating for the set please ^_^