PDA

View Full Version : Prerelease: EX TR

Roarkiller
31st October 2004, 05:55 AM
Don't suppose anyone else gone? Jess didn't go due to exams, pity tho.

For the record, i tied 1st place with 3 other guys at 3-0-1. Tho i prolly got through due to getting a bye on the 2nd round (odd # of players, lol). I got the pin too, looks neat. But then its what i entered for anyway, so meh. For the POP boosters, i got a beautifly, larvitar, and 2 minun (traded one for plusle).

Sorry, no tourney report since it was pretty boring. Lost my 1st match after a promising start, bye on the 2nd, so-so on the 3rd round, shockingly well on my last, considering that i only had a sentret and 6 energy as my opening hand (got a furret later, switched for a dark crobat line pronto).

So far, im slightly impressed by the set. Dark Crobat is an excellent card, ability to auto poison the active w/o even attacking is a huge plus. Both attacks require GC to attack, pretty good, and a HP of 90, with rocket's hideout, makes a decent 110. 1st attack does 10 to all of your opp's bench, and remove an equal amount of damage from itself. 2nd is basically a feint attack that does 30. Might not be strong with all the high-damage attacks out there, but its decent enough. Dark Golbat has the same attack as crobat's 2nd, but golbat can't attack on your next turn (solved by double-retreat, of course, or having another golbat).

Jumpluff line (didnt use this due to hoppip having 30HP) is simply wow if you ignore its lame attacks. All 3 have a built-in focus band as a body, making it pretty hard to beat. The attacks are less impressive; hoppip has u flip a coin, then choose a status, skiploom does the same with an added 10 damage. Only jumpluff is commendable, doing 10 plus 10 more for the total energy on all your opp's pkmn. And yes, that means boost counts as 30+ damage.

Most useful card for me is the dark metal energy, which means i can ditch rainbow for this in my Deck of Hell :D

Another card worth mention if qwilfish. Its attack is average, 10 with a chance of paralyze and poison at the same time. But its body is what makes it worth being a rare. Anytime it is damaged by an attack (dunno if poison counts), you get to flip a coin until you get tails, and do 10 dmaage for every heads. If you're lucky, you can kill anything in your path.

Another noticeable card that could prove more useful that delcatty in the future is sentret/furret. Sentret is basically a master ball (look at top 5 cards, choose any pkmn). But furret is what made me put it in. Basically, you get to switch up to 3 cards in your hand for any other 3 cards in your deck. Perfect when you're unhappy with your hand (as explained earlier in my BRIEF tourney report), and when you need something urgently in your next turn. Only one colorless too. Only draw back is that its an attack, and is an evolution. But then again, we've been dealing with cleffa for so long, so what the hell.

I got Shining Treecko as well, which i used often but never managed to use its full potential (i got the chance in my last match, but managed to end it w/o ever using it). at 70HP, treecko can take some beating. Tackle at C for 10 is meh. But springback at GG, tho only does 20, is a good lifesaver when you're losing hope for a win. Basically, if your opp has only one prize left, springback does a whopping 70 damage for only GG.

Granted, with the cards i got, i can see a very bright future for furret replacing delcatty (or the occasional swellow) as part of the deck's engine. Otherwise, i dont see anything else other than Treecko being used as a last-minute tech.

So yeah. WPM, if u need the scans, PM me which cards you need and i'll see if i have them.

Jess, pity you missed it. But don't worry, we're gonna have a league started soon in at least 2 weeks time at Serene Center, so see u there, eh?

Leo
31st October 2004, 06:18 AM
hi Leo here..
i am the kid who trade with you the op card...
anyways...
where is your site i am looking high and low for it...
that stupid DQ got an ex in one of the OP booster...
anyway read this :
http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=11923

cya soon..

jesschow12
31st October 2004, 08:09 AM
nice complain LOL,maybe i will get as answer bu tommorrow

Jess, pity you missed it. But don't worry, we're gonna have a league started soon in at least 2 weeks time at Serene Center, so see u there, eh?

maybe i will come,btw did the TO say prof can help the league? if yes then i will take a few days to come down and ehlp cos in december i need to prepare my yugioh deck since the officla tournament and a unofficial(with lots of rpos) one is starting at the 1st few weeks in december

Roarkiller
2nd November 2004, 04:37 AM
maybe i will come,btw did the TO say prof can help the league? if yes then i will take a few days to come down and ehlp cos in december i need to prepare my yugioh deck since the officla tournament and a unofficial(with lots of rpos) one is starting at the 1st few weeks in december

I dunno. Its Hanson, a new guy, not Clifford. I did ask him if i could be a gymleader and he said probably yes.

@Leo: See sig.

Bout that complaint, Jess, ur over the top. U have no idea what goes on behind the curtains. I know cuz im the only guy to even try bring battlezone to Singapore, and believe me its hard to even persuade a shopkeeper to hold it, let alone the local distributor or even WOTC.

The local distributor is doing agreat job just by holding tourneys and even restarting the league. You guys can't just comdemn him for such a small thing like that.

Anyway, everything else i wanted to say is posted in that topic, so meh.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd November 2004, 04:52 AM
I went to two prereleases. Got 3rd in Salem, didn't even place in Portland (luck of the draw and all that)

jesschow12
3rd November 2004, 08:30 AM
btw only got 6 ppl join the tournament? and also randy got join?

Roarkiller
4th November 2004, 08:35 AM
btw only got 6 ppl join the tournament? and also randy got join?

11. And he's currently top in the table, only cuz he got 3 wins and i got 2 (kinda wishing now that i didnt get that bye).

darktyranitar
4th November 2004, 04:45 PM
http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/exteamrocket.html

Most of the cards scan are here.

Man, this set looks pretty good. To sum it all up:

It’s Going Down (TR Version): Poem/rapping

“Jessie! James!”

Watch them flee
Prepare for trouble…
Watch them flee
Make it double…
Watch them flee
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!
Watch them flee
Surrender now or prepare to fight!

Meowth! Dat’s right!

This is a story, a true story
A true story that must be told
It happens at a two-storey
But what’s under will soon be unfold

Deep under is a hideout
Operated by two nitwit
A sissy man and a brutal woman working out
With a Meowth who was a dimwit

It’s going down
The moral of the Pokemon duelist
Like a gang of underground
Full of people on the wanted list

“After years if staking pain
We have created a reliable team of Dark Pokemon
No matter how it shines or rain
We finish the job like James Bond”

With Dark Steelix, Dark Crobat and Dark Houndoom
And trainers like Rocket Secret Machine, my, my!
Dark Dragonite, Dark Muk, and Dark Marowak spells doom
Not to forget Dark Tyranitar, oh my!

“Here comes Team Rocket!”
Screamed a man
They come with powerful engine of destruction which need no socket
The Dark Pokemon, to cause pain in this land

“Clearly you don’t know how to battle!”
They shouted to an old man advising on friendship and trust
“We will not listen to fools who babble
About stuff of thrash and rust!”

(It’s going down)

Hey yo, Team Rocket ‘bout to blast off worldwide
(In the new Ex Return of Team Rocket)
Team Rocket ‘bout to blast off worldwide
(In the new Ex Return of Team Rocket)

(It’s going down)

Step up on the hall of shame
(Do it like ‘dis)
Step up on the hall of shame
(Do it like ‘dis)

(With no mercy)

homeofmew
9th November 2004, 09:27 PM
Well I hoped you all did well in your pre releases in the swiss I got
3 wins 2 losses I got the the final table, and lose (2nd place)
I had a really good time ^_^!