PDA

View Full Version : Serious Scripting Help.

mvtm
31st October 2004, 02:40 PM
Umm hi there guys first of all , let me explain what i am talking about.

Do you guys remember Chris leet sig that was like a counter of how many people have seen his sig,with a smilie....

Well i was thinking about of something kind of alike. I was thinking of a vB script that lets you see how much time i've been alive. Like a interval counter.

that shows y,m,d,h,s.

Someone on the internet told me that i was looking for a Javascript ...but theres a problem i think vB boards doesnt allow this type of coding.

What i am talking about can be found HERE (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex6/countingup.htm) .

If you see clearly its an interval counter ill use it with today's date and my birth date, to determine the interval time (time i been alive).

But theres a matter JS isnt allowed here *thinks* aswell as HTML.

So please people i want a nice counter to place in my siggy . hmm that works here. if you could do it for me so i have to copy and paste will be awesome because i dont have the skills that take.

My B Day is 2/17/1989. and BTW if you can do it background configurable and font would be good.

Sorry if i didnt made myself explanative. I am Newbie in the subject.

Bye.

Aipom Of Doom
31st October 2004, 03:35 PM
Hmm... What you have to do is make an image that's generated by a PHP script saved to a website somewhere. I found information on how to do it, but me making one would take some time... Chris obviously knows how already, so hopefully he'll post to help, but if he doesn't I'll try to make one in a few days when I have time to :).

Chris
31st October 2004, 04:27 PM
I used Perl and the GD graphics library (http://www.boutell.com/gd) instead of PHP to construct mine but the principle is the same. :)

RedStarWarrior
31st October 2004, 09:42 PM
Chris, can you construct one for Maria?

mvtm
1st November 2004, 02:11 PM
ok well guys . i made the thing, but cant upload it to the boards cause it in HTML and exceed the 1000 characters limit.

also i dont know if .txt is allowed here. anyways whats uploaded is what i have . but dont ask me about Perl and blah dont know.
so if you guys got any ideas , please try to make one for me.

Thats like the demo of the thing that i want , although i preffer to have like a frame and ,in the center of the image put the live counter. But i dont know if its possible . Its like chris just that in the center of the image i want the counter and not to see how many people viewed my sig like him.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aipom Of Doom
1st November 2004, 02:39 PM
hmm... Okay, I'll try to make something like that tonight/tomorrow :).

Do you want it to start from a particular time of day, or just from midnight?

Edit: oh, and I don't think you can have a live counter... It would be loaded the time the page was loaded, and stay constant from there.

mvtm
1st November 2004, 02:44 PM
thanks!! a bunch .

lets just say from Feb 17th 1989 at 7:53am.

edit: ohh i see so you cant have like the live counter displayed in an image. yeah i too suposed so since its on an image and you have to refresh it. hmm well let it refresh it .dont have any choice