PDA

View Full Version : Fear of the Fiends (v. 1.5)

Perfect Chaos
31st October 2004, 07:17 PM
Yah, some info about my deck before I post it:

-These cards date back from Dark Crisis (although I've gotten packs from Invasion of Chaos). So far, I haven't gotten ANY Ancient Sanctuary or Soul of Duelist packs yet.

-My deck, as of now, is of Traditional Format. I'd prefer that you make fixes according to both Traditional AND Advanced. What I mean is, first fix it based on Traditional, THEN for Advanced, just take out whatever cards that are banned and then add in the ones to replace them

-I'm SORT OF on a "budget". What I mean is that, I just can't buy alot of boosters at once, so I can't get alot of cards at one time. Plus, my luck is just pure crap and I never really pull ANYTHING good from any boosters I get.

Now that that's been cleared up, here's my deck:

Monsters (18):
1 Dark Ruler Ha Des
2 Dark Necrofear
2 Summoned Skull
3 Giant Orc
3 Archfiend Soldier
1 Sangan
1 Dark Jeroid
2 Kuriboh
1 Penguin Soldier
1 Witch of the Black Forest
1 Mask of Darkness

Magic/Spell (14):
1 Mystic Plasma Zone
1 Painful Choice
1 Card Destruction
1 Graceful Charity
1 Monster Reborn
1 Change of Heart
1 Dark Hole
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Pot of Greed
1 Giant Trunade
1 Axe of Despair

Trap (8):
2 Wabokus
2 Trap Holes
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Imperial Order
1 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

Yah, so rate/fix/flame away

-$∑@π

Dark-San
31st October 2004, 09:23 PM
Traditional:
- Penguin Soldier
- Summon Skull
- Gaint Tunade
- Axe of Despair
- Swords of Revealing
- Trap Hole [2]
- Sakuretsu Armor
- Seven Tools of the Bandit

+ Ring of Destruction
+ Torrential Tribute
+ Raigeki
+ Snatch Steal
+ Kuribo
+ Mystical Space Typhoon
+ Mirage of Nightmare
+ Harpie's Feather Duster
+ Premature Burial

As for advanced, I can't help much in the creature section since sankan and witch are both banned! However I do recommend you try to include a fiend creature that enables you to destroy an opponent's creature when its destroy. I remember that its attack is 1200. Good for a monster removal card since Dark Hole and Raigeki are banned too lolz~ I might suggest you try to throw in Wall of Illusion into the deck too for some beta testing....

Here goes the magic and trap section:

Magic [16]
Pot of Greed
Card Destruction
Painful Choice
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Giant Tunade
Nobleman of Crossout [2]
Premature Burial
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Creature Swap
Enemy Controller
Scapegoat
Mystic Plasma Zone
Swords of Revealing

Trap [8]
Force Ejection Machine [2]
Ring of Destruction
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Wabuko [2]
Raigeki Break

This is just a sample you might wanna edit it!

Last Exile
1st November 2004, 12:36 AM
mate, do remeber Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster are banned. Plus with MST restricted to 1, there is no point in playing Mirage of nightmare.

Traditional:
- Penguin Soldier
- Summon Skull
- Gaint Tunade
- Axe of Despair
- Swords of Revealing
- Trap Hole [2]
- Sakuretsu Armor
- Seven Tools of the Bandit

+ Ring of Destruction
+ Torrential Tribute
+ Raigeki
+ Snatch Steal
+ Kuribo
+ Mystical Space Typhoon
+ Mirage of Nightmare
+ Harpie's Feather Duster
+ Premature Burial

As for advanced, I can't help much in the creature section since sankan and witch are both banned! However I do recommend you try to include a fiend creature that enables you to destroy an opponent's creature when its destroy. I remember that its attack is 1200. Good for a monster removal card since Dark Hole and Raigeki are banned too lolz~ I might suggest you try to throw in Wall of Illusion into the deck too for some beta testing....

Here goes the magic and trap section:

Magic [16]
Pot of Greed
Card Destruction
Painful Choice
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Giant Tunade
Nobleman of Crossout [2]
Premature Burial
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Creature Swap
Enemy Controller
Scapegoat
Mystic Plasma Zone
Swords of Revealing

Trap [8]
Force Ejection Machine [2]
Ring of Destruction
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Wabuko [2]
Raigeki Break

This is just a sample you might wanna edit it!

Dark-San
1st November 2004, 05:02 AM
mate, do remeber Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster are banned. Plus with MST restricted to 1, there is no point in playing Mirage of nightmare.

I know that lolz... He requested for 2 fix, One pre-ban another a post ban.

-My deck, as of now, is of Traditional Format. I'd prefer that you make fixes according to both Traditional AND Advanced. What I mean is, first fix it based on Traditional, THEN for Advanced, just take out whatever cards that are banned and then add in the ones to replace them

So fix with the minus and plus are the traditional (Pre ban). While the magic and trap list at the end are the advanced one (Post ban).

Perfect Chaos
1st January 2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, here's my new deck with a few minor changes (since I could only get only a few cards that I needed for my deck and I don't have a final decklist as of now):

Monsters [18]:
1 Dark Ruler Ha Des
2 Dark Necrofear
2 Summoned Skull
3 Giant Orc
3 Archfiend Soldier
1 Wall of Illusion
1 Mystic Tomato
1 Night Assailant
1 Dark Jeroid
2 Kuriboh
1 Mask of Darkness

Magic/Spell [14]:
1 Mystic Plasma Zone
1 Painful Choice
1 Card Destruction
1 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Premature Burial
1 Tribute to the Doomed
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Change of Heart
1 Heavy Storm
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Pot of Greed
1 Giant Trunade
1 Axe of Despair

Trap [9]:
2 Wabokus
1 Trap Hole
1 Dust Tornado
1 Raigeki Break
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

Total: 41

Dark-San
1st January 2005, 11:16 PM
The creatures looks fine to me. However I'm not too sure about the magics you played. I might suggest a few changes.

- 1 Giant Trunade
- 1 Axe of Despair
- 1 Tribute to the Doomed

+ Forced Transfer (Creature Swap)
+ Scapegoat
+ Theft (Snatch Steal)

- 1 Seven Tools of the Bandit
- 1 Trap Hole
- 1 Dust Tornado
- 1 Raigeki Break

+ Destruction Ring
+ Tidal Wave (Torrential Tribute)
+ Magic Cylinder

Last Exile
2nd January 2005, 12:58 AM
The creatures looks fine to me. However I'm not too sure about the magics you played. I might suggest a few changes.

- 1 Giant Trunade
- 1 Axe of Despair
- 1 Tribute to the Doomed

+ Forced Transfer (Creature Swap)
+ Scapegoat
+ Theft (Snatch Steal)

- 1 Seven Tools of the Bandit
- 1 Trap Hole
- 1 Dust Tornado
- 1 Raigeki Break

+ Destruction Ring
+ Tidal Wave (Torrential Tribute)
+ Magic Cylinder

Agree with these changes excpet maybe Book of Moon over Scapegoat.

Perfect Chaos
2nd January 2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions for editting my deck. I was thinking/wanted of adding in a second Night Assailant so I could have somewhat of a "Fiend-type Sinister Serpent" with its second effect and all, but not sure what to take out in order to add one in.

-$∑@π

SWAMPERT1
2nd January 2005, 09:59 PM
Go with the above suggestions but since your deck has 41 cards now, take out a Summoned Skull. 5 Tribute monsters is to many even if 2 are Special Summoned. Looking good for a fiend deck BTW

Dark-San
5th January 2005, 11:32 AM
Just adding a suggestion for you to throw in an EX Virus and Scientist into your creature list. Night Assailant works well with EX Virus right? And also Scientist can too summon out Fiend Type fusion creature. So you can tribute those fusion creatures for Hades or even Summoned Skull!

Perfect Chaos
5th January 2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I might think about adding in T. Virus (plus a second Night Assailant to use its effect). But more likely, I will NOT use Scientist. I don't have any Fusions that are level 6 or lower for it to use.

Also, I'm not sure which would work better for my deck between Scapegoat and Book of Moon. Right now, I'm thinking of Book of Moon but not sure.

-$∑@π

Last Exile
6th January 2005, 01:58 AM
Book of moon for sure. It works great in field control, trust me! If you run it though, I reckon 2 is the right number.

Dark-San
6th January 2005, 06:40 AM
It depends a lot on the metagame of your side, Perfect Chaos. I would recommend Scapegoat if your area is running super offensive decks like Beatdown and Chaos. Book of moon if ya area is running more on other types of deck!

Last Exile
6th January 2005, 05:47 PM
Well, all the top players in my area use Book of Moon and Compulsory Evacuation Device a lot. Scapegoat is something I'm not too fond of because it's only chainable if you have 1 or less monsters on your side of the field. Plus trample is something the tokens fear most and can quickly be the undoing. However, the tokens are very useful in the Creature Swap combo.

Book of Moon is useful because it sends the mosnter face down. Only BLS would likely survive. Jinzo, Tribe, Breaker, Kycoo, etc. all have reasonably low defenses that other monsters can get through.

But try both in your meta and see which one is better. You're the only one which can say what works best in your area.