PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys might get a kick outta this...

UmbreonCurse
2nd November 2004, 11:11 AM
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11707485/

Rocketboy
2nd November 2004, 11:14 AM
*Points at Sig* Hilarious!

youdontknowme
3rd November 2004, 12:17 AM
God... UmbreonCurse, save your "Beware the Curse" sig as a .jpg file instead of .bmp. That thing is huge.

P0RYG0N
3rd November 2004, 01:22 AM
XD XD XD

WINR

Riachu64
3rd November 2004, 04:13 PM
I'M SHANKS THE FRIENDLY CHIMNEY SWEEP!

My poor One Piece... at least it's nice to see something funny come of the dub.

Dark Scizor
3rd November 2004, 05:15 PM
You sig cooked my 56k.

Anyway, I got linked to nothing.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd November 2004, 05:22 PM
Isn't the dub of One Piece, like, officially sanctioned by the original producers?

And why do people keep saying that 4Kids will get Naruto? I don't see where that comes from--even in Japan, Naruto isn't a kids show.

EVme15
3rd November 2004, 08:24 PM
And why do people keep saying that 4Kids will get Naruto? I don't see where that comes from--even in Japan, Naruto isn't a kids show.

Since when has that mattered? *points at Yu-Gi-Oh and CCS*
The licencing (most of the time) goes to whomever pays most. 4Kids has Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and about a hundred other shows we wish they didn't. They've got money. And with Naruto? Even more.
Everyone's fighting over Naruto. I just hope to whatever's holy that 4Kids doesn't get it.

Love the link, by the way. Pure genious. Whoever made that is awesome. Get me their autograph. Only thing they messed up: they gave 'Loooofy' a semi-decent voice.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd November 2004, 08:27 PM
But CCS and YGO *are* kids shows in Japan. That was my point (and why does everyone thing 4Kids did CCS when it was Nelvana?)

EVme15
3rd November 2004, 08:35 PM
It was Nelvana? Oh, sorry, my mistake then. --; one less thing I get to yell at them for.

Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't a kids show. At least, not to the degree that it is here. It's more of something that would be targeted to young teens, not the six-year-olds that 4Kids markets to. If you've seen the first season, you know what I mean.

And CCS has blatant homosexuality. One point off the American kiddie charts.

I seriously no longer doubt how low 4Kids would sink to give the American market a popular show. I could honestly see them taking out all the blood, and where blood was absolutely needed (like for spells, etc), they'd replace it with 'energy streaks' giving it a sorry DBZ-like quality. If they get Naruto, they will air it. And I don't think anyone wants to see the results.

Last Exile
4th November 2004, 01:13 AM
Funimation bought Fullmetal Alchemist, ffs! How can they possibly make it a kids show?!

Ed graphically loses an arm and a leg in ep1, along witht he fact the attempted ressurection of his mother only resulted in a totally gross zombie of random body aprts being born. Then there's the heresy, the blood, the masses of guns, the chimera experiments, etc, etc!

Forget dubs and get the subs is all I can say. Only decent dub I ever heard was for Lupin the 3rd.

Roarkiller
4th November 2004, 08:44 AM
And CCS has blatant homosexuality. One point off the American kiddie charts.

Thats the only odd relationship u saw? U gotta watch it one more time then.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th November 2004, 06:20 PM
Know what's funny? I thought those relationships were BLINDINGLY obvious in the English version.

And Funi doesn't just do kids shows, remember.

legendary fisherman1
6th November 2004, 10:06 AM
I have favorited that deviantart.

Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't a kids show. At least, not to the degree that it is here. It's more of something that would be targeted to young teens, not the six-year-olds that 4Kids markets to. If you've seen the first season, you know what I mean.

Well, thank god 4-kids didn't get that show, or anyone else for that matter. It royally sucked.

Forget dubs and get the subs is all I can say. Only decent dub I ever heard was for Lupin the 3rd.

You forgot the part where the english version of Yu Yu Hakusho is not only funimations best job, but that it is SUPERIOR to its Japanese counterpart. None of Funi's dubs are bad, its just that people take them to seriously.