PDA

View Full Version : [p] Wait...shouldn't it be cold in November?!?

Toxicity
3rd November 2004, 09:51 PM
Weather. Yes, weather. Now shaddup.

1. How has the weather been for you?
2. Are you used to the climate of your area? What's your thought of it?
3. If you had a choice, would you remain in your area? Or would you move to an area with a different climate?
4. When was the last time any rainfall/snowfall/etc occured? Fog?
5. Has there ever been an incident the weather matched the situation by coincidence?

1. Kinda miserable. Probably because there is no such thing as cold in Florida.

2. NO. How can you be used to Florida being there only since July after nine years in the MidWest? Huge difference. Miserably different. I can't be outside for five minutes without sweating, and sometimes I sweat with the air conditioner on.

3. I'd like to be back in the MidWest or somewhere that seems similar. At least the weather is nice there outside of the severe weather months between April and June.

4. I think last time it rained was only around two weeks ago. It was foggy quite a bit last week, ranging from Wednesday to Friday.

5. Can't really remember. Though I think I have been a bit miserable during rainy, somewhat chilly (as in 40-50 degrees for a high chilly) weather a few times.

mr_pikachu
3rd November 2004, 09:58 PM
Rainy. Very, very rainy.

You can't get used to the climate of my area, because it's quite literally unpredicable. Anything can happen here. If someone yells that it's raining cats and dogs, you duck.

3. If you had a choice, would you remain in your area? Or would you move to an area with a different climate?
If climate was actually a factor for me, I'd move for sure. But I don't spend a terribly large amount of time outside, anyway. (This could be partially due to the horrendous weather, but meh.)

Rainfall: Now.
Snowfall: Probably last winter.
Fog: Earlier this week.
Sunshine: It's been awhile.

5. Has there ever been an incident the weather matched the situation by coincidence?
Like pouring rainfall when my life feels like it's being flushed? Try today.

HavoX
3rd November 2004, 10:32 PM
1.) How has the weather been for you?

shit

2.) Are you used to the climate of your area? What's your thought of it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/smilies/grumpy_bigNO.gif

I HATE being cold

3.) If you had a choice, would you remain in your area? Or would you move to an area with a different climate?

...staples myself to a chair...

4.) When was the last time any rainfall/snowfall/etc occured? Fog?

there was rainfall a few hours ago, but not a whole lot. IIRC, I had a foggy morning last week

5.) Has there ever been an incident the weather matched the situation by coincidence?

say what? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/smilies/dork.gif

Agent Elrond
3rd November 2004, 10:34 PM

Fairly nice.

Yeah, I'm used to it. I would prefer more rain (I live in central California), but overall it's nice here. Rather hot in the summers tho, those require a little adjusting.

Sometimes I fantasize about living in Scotland/Ireland... nice... green... but to much work to live there.

Little over a week ago, but there is some predicted for tonight.

I got to ride my horse again for the first time in months on the first sunny day after four straight rainy ones... that was pretty cool. :wave:

Pichu
3rd November 2004, 11:47 PM
1. Pouring, foggy, miserable, cold. ... ALL AT ONCE!
2. Yes. no thought. can't control it.
3. I like to live where there's no snow.
4. This morning. x_X; Foggy and raining, and very cold. approx 1-5 centigrade.
5. :what: :confused:

Lady Vulpix
4th November 2004, 07:50 AM
1. Cloudy, humid and hot. Cloudy I can take alright, but the other two are quite annoying.
2. When it's cold, I'm fine. When it's cool, I like it. When it starts getting hotter, it's a real pain. And now that we're in spring I can only expect it to get progressively hotter, give or take a few cool days. I can live with it, but I'd rather be in a fresher area, especially in the summer. January here is unbearable, at least for me.
3. I think I'd move a bit to the south (cooler climate) if I didn't have everything here.
4. Rain: Tuesday. Fog: last month, I think. Snow: I'm not sure if it's ever snowed in Buenos Aires. I think I've heard of a snowfall that took place around the 1930's, but I'm not sure if it really happened.
5. I notice that many people make connections between the weather and situations, but I can't seem to associate them. The biggest connection I can think of is the temperature being high when I'm nervous, both factors contributing to the fall of my blood pressure. But other than that, I don't understand how to associate the weather to emotions and other things.

Little_Pikachu
4th November 2004, 11:27 AM
Same as usual. Cold, wet.

I've lived here all my life, so I'm quite used to it. Doesn't mean I like it though.

I would rather be elsewhere, but I wouldn't move just for the weather.

I live in Northern England, you'd have trouble picking a day here at the time of year when it doesn't rain.

Not really. The weather always seems to go against what I would see as good for that situation. i.e. after I've spent hours doing my hair to go out, I can gaurentee it will be raining.

Rocketboy
4th November 2004, 01:16 PM
Meh. A little cool.

Yeah, although it gets really hot in the summer.

No, because everywhere else is bad, I hear.

Hmm, about it rained about Tuesday night I believe.

Heh?

kainashi
4th November 2004, 01:20 PM
1. cold and rainy. :)
2. yes, i'm used to it. it can be unpredictable sometimes though.
3. remain in my area.
4. rain: now. fog: a day or two ago.
5. i guess.

nightcrow
4th November 2004, 05:40 PM
1. The weather here has been fantastic in general - highs in the mid 80's, which I love. However it seems to getting a bit chilled here the past few days, but that's because a cold front is coming through.
2. I personally love this climate. I get cold really easily so I prefer to be somewhere really warm.
3. For reasons unrelated to the weather, I want to move. But if I could take the climate of Florida to where I want to go.. that would be great. :)
4. We had a storm last night.
5. It always seems to be extra humid when I'm running late for school, and since i usually don't have the time to do my hair perfect when I'm running late, it's garanteed to frizz up.

Moonlight Espeon
4th November 2004, 08:16 PM

I've been getting the rainbow effect a lot. I call the time when it's raining but the sun is shining just a bit. Rarely makes a rainbow though. Otherwise, cold as heck.

Yes. I've lived here all of my life. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter which I like, we are very proportional here in New York. I don't like all hot or all cold, I like this pattern.

3. If you had a choice, would you remain in your area? Or would you move to an area
with a different climate?

I think I would stay here, because adjusting after 11 years of this pattern wouldn't be easy. Anyway, it's perfectly nice here. I love the spring climate in my area.

Rainfall. This afternoon. Coming from the bus. Forgot to put jacket on.
Got wet.
It sucked.

Whenever something happens that makes me really depressed it always seems to be raining. Sprinkling or pouring it's usually raining.

Cheesey
5th November 2004, 02:57 PM
Absolutely freezing. When I was walking to school the other day my fingers started turning blue because of the cold so I had to stuff them in my pockets to keep myself from losing all feeling in them. Apparently this winter (in Scotland anyway) it's going to be too cold for ice to form, and I can't remember that happening. So yeah, it's really, really cold over here.

Usually, each season has the same sort of weather. Spring is cold, Summer is wet, Autumn is cold and wet, and winter is freakin' freezing. I'm used to it, and it doesn't bother me too much, because I quite like being cold sometimes. It lets me try to keep warm and I actually quite like doing that. Although summer last year was a bit weird, what with the Europe having a heatwave thing.

I want to stay in Britain, but I don't want to stay in Scotland. I've always felt a lot more comfortable in England - I love London. It has its fair share of problems but when I'm walking down the street there I don't feel like any sort of outcast, because I'm not the only person who may look a little different from someone else. There's a whole range of people there and I've never felt like anyone is being judgemental when you're wandering around. I wouldn't want to live there, but I would like to live in southern England - Maybe Dorset or something.

It rained extremely heavily earlier in the week and last week. Today it wasn't so bad, it was simply very cold.

Yeah. I've been feeling kinda crappy lately because I'm having a really stressful time at school, and it's been very cold and rainy lately, so I guess you could say that. I don't tend to associate my feelings with the climate though, so...

M1ND G4ME
5th November 2004, 07:34 PM
Kikyo, you are crazy, not cold!? We just got a cold front, it was freezing today!

No, it's really cold to me, not as cold as most people but theyre used to cold and dont care, im used to heat

3. If you had a choice, would you remain in your area? Or would you move to an area with a different climate? I like snow, and warm water, so i wanna move to somewhere in california, go swimin at the beach in morning, rive a few hours to snow board or something

A few days ago it rained, and its been really foggy for the past week

Most peoples moods are affected by the weather so not by coincidence, no

Jay
5th November 2004, 09:43 PM
1. Cold and wet.
2. They say in Melbourne you experience all four seasons in a day.
3. They say in Melbourne you experience all four seasons in a day.
4. We don't have snow. There was drizzle today, but there was a big downpour yesterday. Fog hasn't happened for a while.
5. Sometimes.

homeofmew
5th November 2004, 10:18 PM
1. How has the weather been for you? ok I guess
I like the mild winters, since I live in the south it doens't get too cold.
3. If you had a choice, would you remain in your area? Or would you move to an area with a different climate? No I like it here, no allergies for me and stuff.
4. When was the last time any rainfall/snowfall/etc occured? Fog? A few days a go
yeah sometimes when I am really sad it rains.

shazza
6th November 2004, 05:15 AM
-It has been bad lately. It has been raining, unlike usual.
-Yes. We experience warm weathers, in summer sometimes in the late 40's (49C).
(10:14:33p) <@shazza> !convert c2f 49
(10:14:34p) <@epoch> ¤ convert - 49c = 120.2f
-I like it.
-Yesterday for rain. Never seen snow in my life.
-No.

Gavin Luper
7th November 2004, 06:30 AM

Great.

Yeah, lived here all my life: I'm used to the heat, the dry and the wind. Love it.

I love it here, but who knows, I may move one day. Definitely not for the climate though, you grow used to it.

HAHA! SNOW? FOG? It rained I think a couple of weeks ago, for the first time since September.

Yeah, like today. Cloudless blue sky, perfect temperature (about 27 degrees) and an awesome sea breeze. And I was very happy.

Cheers!