PDA

View Full Version : The Staples in the Current Game [YGO]

SWAMPERT1
3rd November 2004, 11:20 PM
In the game before the big bad banlist there was 5 Spell cards that were considered "Staples". Now these were in every deck as you may all know but now 3/5 of these cards are banned. These are Thunderbolt(Raigeki), Monster Reborn(Raise Dead) and Black(Dark) Hole. So my question is what ARE the new staples. What cards are powerful enough to become the NEW staples. Here is what I think.

Pot of Greed (was there before)
Change of Heart (was there before)
Theft[Snatch Steal] (Take control of a Monster with no BIG downside.)
Early[Premature] Burial (Revives a monster from your graveyard, what else to say?)
Tempest [Heavy Storm] (Like Black Hole for S/T)

These are my opinions on what cards are the new "BIG 5".

Dark-San
4th November 2004, 01:21 AM
My big 5 consists of:

Pot of Greed

Yes ever since Angel's Gift is banned, this has become the only reliable card drawing engine that doesn't have any setbacks.

Tempest

Trap/ Equipment & Field Magic destroyer. After Harpie was barred, this babe kind of got stuck into every deck.

Change of Heart

'Nuff say. It was in the pre-ban stapled list.

Early Burial

After Reborn was kicked out, Early Burial is the only card that could get your creature back from the grave and onto the field!

Cyclone/ Hand Obliteration/ Theft/ Emissary of Obliteration

Its a close fight to who gets the last place. However personally I will go for Cyclone. Why? 3 Reasons. First it deals with irritating equipment cards like Early Burial and Theft. Secondly Field cards gets destroys easily. Thirdly Cyclone is the only magic card that single targets your opponent's unlying trap cards.

Last Exile
4th November 2004, 01:21 AM
My Big 5:

- Tribe-Infecting Virus (Get rid of that festy monster instantly, whatever it is)
- Waboku (Damage blockers be very important now)
- Creature Swap (Ever so crucial and deadly thanks to the new format. Personally I think it's much more effeective than Change of Heart)
- Exiled Force (Guaranteed kill of any chunky. BLS, Jinzo, End of Anubis, Jinzo - Exiled sends them packing)
- Jinzo (People are using more traps now - a lot more. Hence Jinzo is a must)

Nace
4th November 2004, 03:44 AM
Outta the cards I actually OWN, my spell staples are:

Change of Heart
Premature Burial
Card Destruction
Pot of Greed
Mystical Space Typhoon
Reload (-1 hand advantage but it tends to help me more than it hurts me)
Giant Trunade (I'm considering running this even when I have heavy storm. VERY useful)

In the way of monsters, my staples are:

Sinister Serpent
Mobius the Frost Monarch
White Magical Hat (I value hand disruption very much)
D.D. Crazy Beast (useful effect, seems to work in all of my decks)

And for traps:

Compulsory Evacuation Device
Dust Tornado
Raigeki Break
Needle Ceiling

I don't own many of the staples at all -.-;

SWAMPERT1
10th November 2004, 10:03 PM
Well actually NACE if you look at any recent decks about 75% ,on average, of those cards are in the decks. Its because there good with no Raigeki, Dark Hole, ect. So in a way you DO have many staples.

*looks around to see who's laughing at that post because its so damn confusing*

Jayzorblade
19th November 2004, 01:00 PM
I start every deck with this deck list:

1 Theft
1 Cyclone
1 Tempest
2 Hurricane
1 Early Burial
1 Pot of Greed
1 Change of Heart
2 Book of the Moon
2 Emissary of Obliteration

1 Destruction Ring
1 Apostles of Harmony
1 Cry of the Living Dead

They're my staples. I usually base a deck around that and edit it to my liking.

Nace
20th November 2004, 06:24 AM
Well actually NACE if you look at any recent decks about 75% ,on average, of those cards are in the decks. Its because there good with no Raigeki, Dark Hole, ect. So in a way you DO have many staples.

*looks around to see who's laughing at that post because its so damn confusing*

Very good point my man, very good point. I work with what I have. I'm happy to say I'm soon gonna have my hands on exiled force, confiscation and painful choice too. :D Jod bless people who collect XYZ pieces.