PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Hey what do you know, I won something...wait a minute, where's my prize?

Knight of Time
4th November 2004, 12:18 PM
Hey.

I've got no idea if anyone here has tried their luck at one of the Monopoly contests held at McDonald's restaurants (or any other contest if they have never heard of the Monopoly contests), but has someone tried their luck to win a prize, won one, but never got to claim it?

In my case, yes this has happened. In this year's Monopoly contest at McDonalds, I was lucky enough to "win" a prize in the online version of the contest (on each stamp, including Instant Win stamps, you get a code that allows you to play the online game), and I managed to answer the skill testing question I was given correctly, but it seems like I won't be able to claim the prize, which is none other than a free download (full version no doubt) of a bowling game called Polar Bowler.

Lady Vulpix
4th November 2004, 12:37 PM
I once came out second in an ecology drawing contest (we had to draw ecology-themed posters). The prize was a 2-day trip to Colonia, Uruguay. But I never got to claim it because my parents couldn't decide who would go with me and the prize expired.

mr_pikachu
5th November 2004, 01:11 PM
No, that's never happened to me. Why? Because I don't win prizes like that. I have luck, and it's all bad. :P

Sorry that happened though, DarkPrince. :cry:

Jay
5th November 2004, 09:41 PM
I've won cheques during certain competitions before and never got it claimed.

homeofmew
5th November 2004, 10:16 PM
i win buy one get one free caps from drinks, and I won the mc donalds stuff a lot but you have to pay $20 to get a $5 discount?