PDA

View Full Version : Articuno...

Dark Scizor
5th November 2004, 10:59 AM
Just caught an Articuno in Leaf Green, I was wondering what everyone thinks the ideal nature is for it and EV distribution. I've got a Calm Arti on my third capture, but I'm not 100% sure if I should re do it for a Modest one or something.

thanks in advance :D.

Kitcage
5th November 2004, 12:16 PM
Calm is the best nature, and if you want the best moveset with it, check
http://www.serebii.net/potw/144.shtml
you can make up your own moveset and suitable nature but thats all up to you realy.

andyizcool
5th November 2004, 12:53 PM
Articuno doesn't really have a decent Moveset going for it. It has a big weakness to Rock, and also weaknesses to Fire and Electric. So just watch out for any Pokemon you think might use a Rock attack and switch out. You could always hax with Sheer Cold or Mind Reader-Sheer Cold. Mind Reader can also force switches but the only good move for Articuno is a STAB'd Ice Beam.

rinku
7th November 2004, 04:59 PM
Ice Beam backed with Mind Reader+Sheer Cold should be enough for offence as the only pokémon immune to Sheer Cold are Sturdy ones. The Rock types are vulnerable to Ice Beam anyway (especially the Rock/Grounds) as they all have ordinary Special Defense, so the only class you'll have trouble with are Sturdy Steels, less Skarmory.

Pressure goes well with Protect or Reflect. I'd suggest:

Ice Beam
Mind Reader/Toxic
Sheer Cold
Reflect/Protect