PDA

View Full Version : Come What May!

Water Pokemon Master
6th November 2004, 11:29 AM
Need to go fix mom's computer...Have to make this quick...

I liked the episode a lot. Beautifly's voice got annoying towards the end, and Medicham's continous use of Ice Punch was annoying too. Overall, I liked the episode and give it a 9/10.

WTP: Paris

P0RYG0N
6th November 2004, 11:48 AM
Bringing back WTP, excellent :lol

I didn't like most of the episode, although I'll admit that the Medicham and Beautifly battle had it's interesting moments.

But, at least we'll never see Grace again. I don't like her. (Although they did bring back Nicolai [sp?] reccently...) And I just plain hate Drew, he should go back to Yu-Gi-Oh where he belongs.:grumble:
And all of the judges needed better voices, really.

But I though Medicham was humorus. It's voice is just so fitting. :D
Even if it is done by the same person who does Drew's really annoying voice.

homeofmew
8th November 2004, 04:47 PM
well may finally won one.
Beautifly was very good.

AKA Pokemon Fan
9th November 2004, 12:43 PM
It was the best battle episode in some time, with innovative strategies, great animation and no dub errors as far as I could tell. I don't see how anyone could not have liked this episode, unless they don't like battles. :confused:

I especially love all the move combos they're coming up with, as well as techniques for using certain moves on yourself, like Medicham using Confusion on itself in order to float. Move combos used to be a rare treat, like Charizard's Aerial Submission (Fly and Submission), and Flaming Seismic Toss (Fire Spin and Seismic Toss), or Eevee's Rage Tackle (Quick Attack followed immediately by a combo of Tackle and Rage), but they are quite popular now. :)

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 08:38 AM
I just saw this episode a couple of days ago, since I was out of town on the Saturday in which it aired. I've gotta say, I was impressed, despite having missed the first eight or so minutes of the episode (dang VCR!). Excellent battle tactics, especially by Grace and May. I sure didn't see the pinballing Solarbeam coming... what an idea! Odd though, how Drew made those foolish mistakes in the battle; heck, even the non-coordinators knew he shouldn't have tried Solarbeam so soon. I suppose he got nervous, losing spectacularly in such a huge match, but still...

Grace does kinda grate on your nerves, though. It almost seems as if they're grasping at straws to get original minor characters, lately. Drew's a coordinator version of the early Gary (without the cheerleaders), and Grace's laughter is just kinda annoying. But it was still good, and one of the better episodes I've seen in awhile. The superb battles really made this one great. :yes:

Pewter City Geodude
16th November 2004, 02:00 PM
I liked Grace's voice though. It's probably been used before, but I still liked it.

And I like the boatload of ContestShippiness in this ep too. :)

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 09:34 PM
It's not the voice that's annoying; it's the laughing at all the wrong moments... And yes, there's some tension arising between those two. Whether it grows into friendship, something more, or something a whole lot less will remain to be seen.