PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Aerodactyl

WingullTrainer
6th November 2004, 12:01 PM
I'm trying to get a female aerodactyl, so i can brred "Dragonbreath" onto it. Of course, the only way to do this is to breed with Ditto, but i've hatched 8 eggs and They're all male. is it even possible to get a female aerodactyl this way?

P0RYG0N
6th November 2004, 12:18 PM
12.5% chance of hatching a female Areodactyl. About a 1 in 8 chance :P

WingullTrainer
6th November 2004, 01:21 PM
so maybe egg number 9 will be the charm?

PKMN Master
7th November 2004, 01:02 AM
so maybe egg number 9 will be the charm?
nope. It could be the first one, or it could be the 1000 egg u hatch. It's all up to chance. As I've said before: It's a roulette, with 8 spaces, seven of which are blue, and mean Male... and 1 is pink, which means female... so, everytime u receive an egg, that roulette is played, and you have 1/8 chances of getting female :)

P0RYG0N
7th November 2004, 01:14 AM
8 seems just about exactly the number of times I had to restart to get a female Quilava, Crocnaw, and Togetic in Colloseum. And considering the distance from the save points they were, they weren't short 8-or-so restarts. -_-

Aarkan
7th November 2004, 02:09 AM
There's ditto for a reason.

Iveechan
7th November 2004, 06:55 AM
Perhaps you could restart your game, save at the point where you get the fossil, and keep turning it off and starting it up until you get a female Aero. But you may not want to do that. Hrm, why do you want Dragonbreath anyway? It's a fairly weak attack on a more physical beast like Aerodactl.