PDA

View Full Version : Teh MisAdventures of Hiro!

The Decapitated Mole
6th November 2004, 04:16 PM
...is being made into a cartoon! And I need VA's. Need 'em real bad, see. I got no VA's No VA's!

...So, anywho...

If you're interested in voicing a character for the MAH Animated series, there are a few requirements:

You need
A mic
AIM [or some form of very quick communication that's not any other Instant Messaging program]
...And a decent voice.

If you meet all the above criteria, you can do it! I need VA's for the following characters:

SEASON ONE:

Blade
Hiro's Mom
Prof Tree
Prof Oak
Tom Foolery
Kurt
Signs
Team Rocket people
Various extras[male]
Various extras[female]
Narrator

SEASON TWO:

Hiro [must have a somewhat deep voice]
PingPong
Tog
Signs
Various Extras[male]
Various Extras[female]
Narrator

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. And omg btw my AIM SN is TheHeadlessMole and my email is TDM at freakyface.cjb.net [@ spelled out for obvious reasons]

Oh, and both versions of the MAH can be found here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7107&page=1) and here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21366&page=1).

o_0
jimm

mr_pikachu
6th November 2004, 04:33 PM
Uh, question... why is it that you don't need a VA for Hiro in the first season? That's a little odd... o_0

*runs off to buy a microphone*

The Decapitated Mole
6th November 2004, 08:50 PM
I don't need a VA for S1 Hiro because he doesn't go through puberty until the end of the 1st, and my prepubescent Hiro voice has come out just spectacular:

as you can see here (www.freakyface.cjb.net/hiro.swf) in that little preview that I've started making. And I don't need the other characters because I have VA's for them.

o_0
jimm

The Decapitated Mole
13th November 2004, 09:31 PM
Just an update on the casting list of people I'll need voices for, as I've accquired 3 new VA's. So... the voices I'll be needing now are...

SEASON ONE

Prof Tree
Prof Oak
Signs
Kurt
Narrator
Various Extras [male]

SEASON TWO

PingPong
Various Extras [male]
Tog

I figured that this change was drastic enough to warrant a new post, and in the process bump my thread yay. So... volunteer away.

BTW TMAOH featuring the voice talents of

Jimm Warren... as Hiro and some extras
Joe Horn... as Blade and Pikadéx
Graham Bergeron... as Fred
Matt Shea... as Mike
Steve Lyman... as Season Two Hiro and some assorted extras
Chelsea Sanborn... as Hiro's mom and the Various Extras [female]

o_0
jimm

The Decapitated Mole
18th November 2004, 06:29 PM
Well... just in case anyone's interested [which you're obviously not, but still...] I finished the preview for the MAH, so... here.

www.freakyface.cjb.net/Hprev.swf

Lemme know what you think, and I'm still looking for voicers, so volunteer away!

o_0
jimm

Leon-IH
5th December 2004, 07:00 AM
Looking forward to this :D

Whisper in the Wind
7th December 2004, 12:23 AM
Haha, just watched it. Quite entertaining, even if the drawings are very "sloppy" (I'm geussing that kind of design was intential, it definately matches the mood of it though) it looks like something worth watching (hell, i can spare 5 mins of my life)

dratinihaunter13
7th December 2004, 02:25 AM
nice work man! i really like the one vertical and one horizontal pupil from the pikadex, lol. it was hard for me to hear what the blonde character was saying tho, with the high voice.

and i don't think i have a mic =(

Whisper in the Wind
7th December 2004, 02:27 AM
ooo, just noticed the VA sign up thingy. Hmm, I'll give it a go. I dunno how clear my mic is so that'll need some checking when I next speak to you, and if I pass you can decide which character my voice suits (since I've never read your fic and therego, I'm unaffected by which character I'd be expected to play)

Tainted
7th December 2004, 07:03 AM
When I get my mic around christmas I can definately do this-- if you'd like. I have a very deep voice, but I can easily manipulate my voice to do just about whatever I want with it.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

The Decapitated Mole
8th December 2004, 04:36 AM
Woah, things be happenin! Onimusha and Tainted, of course you're both welcome to give it a shot. I do believe I have both of your AIM SNs, so I'll talk to you guys about it there.

And since you've all been so good, I won't give you the preview I was about to do.

Sorry, but this is one thing that I want to finish before uploading. It should be done within a week or so, don't you fret [I'm talking about episode one, of course]

o_0
jimm

The Decapitated Mole
26th December 2004, 10:33 AM
EPISODE ONE IS DONE!!! I'M JUST BRILLIANT! 3 WEEKS OF WORK!

www.freakyface.cjb.net/episode1.swf

lemme know what you think, m'kay? Also, I'm looking for script reviewers [Mr pikachu, if you wanna do some more, that'd be great.] so lemme know if you're interested.

LATA HOZ!!

o_0
jimm

Tainted
26th December 2004, 10:58 AM
Very funny, it reminds me of that show "Home Movies," don't know if you've ever heard of it. But the way Hiro talks almost exactly resembles the main character, Brandon, in Home Movies. Hiro's mom reminds me of the chick in that show too, just their mannerisms.

Oh! And, I'm still interested in doing voices for the cartoon if you would like to get in touch with me just send me a hey-hey.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PancaKe
28th December 2004, 06:11 AM
:) i thort it was awesome ^.^;; it was so so funny and i think it works better in animation than in writing :) if u need me to voice let me know, i will

Drago
29th December 2004, 01:18 AM
Well, I read the fic a while ago, and thought to myself... is this supposed to make sense?
Now, I watch the animation, and think to myself... this doesn't make sense!
In other words, you captured the spirit of the story perfectly!

I agree that this translates better to animation. The sketchy drawings show the 'unique' characteristics successfully, and Hiro looks pretty cool.

btw TDM, I thought to myself, rather than post, I'd contact you on AIM about the possibility of doing some voices. But either you're never on, or I'm never on when you are... Most likely the latter, but are you on very often? Give us a holler. Playa.

The Decapitated Mole
29th December 2004, 06:36 PM
I'm on every once in a while. I've been busy lately trying to nicen up the animation for newgrounds and I've gotta do some things, plus I've been visiting relatives and the like for the xmas season. But I am on.

o_0
jimm

mr_pikachu
23rd January 2005, 12:32 AM
I haven't seen the animation yet, though I plan to do so tomorrow. I don't want to play it loud enough to hear clearly at night. Don't want to make anyone mad, y'know. People don't like being woken up in the middle of the night, for some reason.

But I could look at scripts for the upcoming episodes, TDM. If you want to, send me a PM with what you have planned. :)

The Decapitated Mole
6th February 2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks man, I'll send off the script for episode three [cause for two I've already got all the lines recorded and all the artwork done, all I've gotta do is animate] in a jiff.

And also, here's an update! www.freakyface.cjb.net/excuse.swf

And alsox2, check out this here flash movie made by my good friend Steve [co-writer for episodes 5-10 and possibly more to come!] http://img215.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img215&image=ninjapirates2jr.swf [I'm the consultant yay!

And alsox3 - The MAH has survived NEWGROUNDS!!! shazam and check it out, although most reviews are negative, I survived with barely the minimum rating! Praise me! newgrounds.com/portal/view/215846

o_0
jimm

EDIT: whoops, forgot the link to robot pirates!

The Decapitated Mole
13th March 2005, 06:12 PM
Well, since I've pretty much been keeping you guys in the dark regarding the goings-on/production of Hiro, I've decided to let all yalls see what I've done on episode two. This took me all weekend, so stfu.

www.freakyface.cjb.net/episode2.swf

Also, I know the FreakyFILM link at the end doesn't work, as the FreakyFILM website will launch at the time that this episode is released in full.

Lemme know what ya's think.

o_0
jimm

The Decapitated Mole
29th April 2005, 09:14 PM
Alright, I'm a bit strapped for time, so no clever messages, just

Episode 2!!! (www.freakyface.cjb.net/hep2.html)

thanks to Zak.

o_0
jimm

Mystic_clown
17th July 2005, 09:38 PM
um...why isn't it loading?

The Decapitated Mole
17th July 2005, 10:20 PM
I have no idea. These gol-darned SMF forums have messed with all the old hyperlinks, but there's no problems with my website, it all works fine. You might be experiencing some problems because, as I've said before, my computer sucks. It just sucks. It can't handle the exporting of the cartoon, so I'm forced to do it on someone else's computer and when I was doing that I didn't have the time to compress the file, so the result is that episode two is about eight megabytes. Actually, I'd prefer it if you were to watch the updated version, but I had to split that for the filesize [again, because I was trying to get it ready for uploading onto Newgrounds, but this fucking computer is still giving me a royal screwjob. I was going to post a link to it here, but it seems that the export process has failed for the first half, so I'll just link you up to the unrefined one.

http://www.freakyface.cjb.net/hep2.html

Please to note that the sound errors [such as the volume discrepancies between characters], animation glitches like Hiro's mouth or the scam guy's arm, and things like that have all been fixed, as well as the timing during the whole fight scene with the wall, which was much better in my head than on the digital canvas, although I remedied most of the more glaring errors in timing and whatnot. I just have to find a way to get it out to the publics. Also, all those patches of red that appear in the background will be fixed in episode three, but I'm not bothering with them for this one because it's really not worth the time.

o_0
jimm

mr_pikachu
18th July 2005, 10:27 PM
On a semi-related note, I'm still trying to get around to doing that work on the video for you, Jimm. At the moment I'm more concerned with looking at the new fanfics, but I have the address you sent me bookmarked.

Oh, and I saw one of your episodes on Newgrounds awhile back. If I remember right, though, it got blammed before I could view it... quite a shame. :(

The Decapitated Mole
19th July 2005, 07:51 AM
Nah, episode one is still kickin' around newgrounds, it just has a ridiculously low score. :D. And I've also gotten two other unrelated cartoons on newgrounds since then, both with significantly higher scores than the last, which must mean that I'm improving at least somewhat.

And RE: the next episode, take your time, there's no hurry, since I'm not even going to start work on it until I get my tablet, and PC Connections is giving me trouble.

o_0
jimm