PDA

View Full Version : *-=+ Mela Onsinta +=-* (Is there hope? SIGN UPS!)

Bulbasaur4
6th November 2004, 06:57 PM
Mela Onsinta
Love Answers

In the world, everything is corrupt. All cities are run down, full of slums and violence. Just to go out to find food is a challenge, for grocery stores are limited and often raided. Those who own the stores alone carry guns and other devices just to ensure their survival. Yet this is how all stores are… usually most have broken glass or other things but are too poor to repair much of anything. If some one even looks different they might shoot you, because usually police never come. Even if they do, the police force is intertwined with other illegal activities which make even law enforcement corrupt. The whole world is like this… and there is no where that is safe from the pollution, corruption, violence and chaos.

How did this start? How did such a promising world turn into such a mess?

With the growing technology, things were becoming more convienent for humans. However as technology grew… so did weapon technology. Although a pact had been made through out the entire world to eliminate weapon resources, a few countries did not listen. It was those countries that were ignored by the rest of the world, until one day a country finally had suceeded in creating a powerful weapon. This weapon was a beam… a beam or rather ball of energy that would not cause radiation, but would simply destroy things in an instant. The country was plotting to use this found technology, when suddenly an accident occurred. Some how they lost control of their weapon, and it was unleashed upon the world. Since it was unleashed by accident, it was not used ‘properly’. Instead of one big, massive beam, it unleashed thousands of little yet powerful balls of energy. Explosions took place all over the world… until it seemed that almost every major city had been thrown into ruin.

With that, the goverments of each country were thrown into turmoil. Many wild groups set on anarchy unleashed themselves since the government and their people were defenseless. This, along with many other added events… caused the downfall of the world.

So… is this the end? Is this how the world will die?

There may be hope…

There is a legend, a legend that states there is a small island that moves around the world. It usually remains invisible… never showing itself to anyone or anything. Yet, legend states with in this island… if reached, is a statue of great power. This statue was built long ago, so the legend says, as an offering to the three Goddesses- Love, Harmony and Happiness. The myth foretells everything… the corruption of the world, the destruction of man kind… everything. Yet it also states that a group of ‘unspoiled’ souls, bound by love to at least one of another, can bring the world out of darkness. It states that if the group is true, they shall be able to ‘see’ the island and find the statue to save the world.

Yet this legend was lost to all…

You, are a person living in this chaotic world. You have grown up in it… been born to it, and know it well. Yet for some reason, unlike others that you know of… you keep thinking things can get better. Maybe some how… there is a way…

Alright, basically you will be playing a person who lives in this world. Have fun with what your person looks like because even though the world is corrupt, there are ‘ways’ to get things you want. Even though technology in the world is advanced, after the destruction technology is now hard to come by. (The destruction of the world happened about 50 years ago.) Your character can have any personality you want, but they must all have a slight hope that the world will get better. Have fun with this!

This RPG is going to be rated MATURE. (For blood violence, sexual innuendoes and mature content.) I reserve the right to allow you to join or not. I know which people tend to ‘fade out’ in RPGs, and if I think you might do that I WILL tell you. Sorry… I just want this RPG to last and progress.

This RPG’s genre is going to be romance, angst and drama. I want a romantic-based RPG… and I base the theme off of the Manga/Anime that have that theme. The title of this RPG translates to, “Love Answers”. And based off the legend, it is obvious that the group must have relationships which each other in order to suceed or at least a strong bond. So yeah… heh, in a chaotic world… finding that will be hard. Plus ANGST IS GOOD! Ermm… some times.

Doesn’t matter how many girls/guys sign up… be creative with your forms and think out of the box. I’m going to allow only a certain number of people, so be quick with your forms. NO RESERVATIONS. I hate waiting.

Here is the form:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Relations:
Other:

I will put my form up soon. I just want to put this up first.

Outlaw JT
6th November 2004, 07:39 PM
Name: Charles Halbert, also goes by Charlie, Chuck, or Chucky (each name seems to represent a different side to his personality)
Appearance: 6'4", dusty red hair with a slight wave to it, crystal baby blue eyes. Charles wears faded black jeans (they really look grey) with a tear in front of the right knee and a dark blue long sleeve t-shirt that is tattered at the edges but intact. On each sleeve there is a hand painted star with red lettering underneath that says 'Hope' on the right arm and 'Despair' on the left. On the front of his shirt is painted 'Here comes Chucky!' in sprawling letters that look like dripping blood and on the back it says 'OUTLAW' with a red star below it. All text on the shirt and the star on the back are blood red and the stars on the sleeve are light light baby blue for hope and black for despair.
Personality: Charles is a little crazy and it shows. He doesn't seem connected to reality at all times. Sometimes he is calm and pleasant to be around, sometimes he is very serious and somewhat emotional, sometimes he seems completely oblivious and absorbed in his own little world, and still other times he can act like a downright psychotic avenger. Overall, he is a good soul that deep down believes there is still good in the world and that it's just hiding somewhere. He has an overly active sense of justice which leads to his psychotic side.
History: His parents were wealthy shut-ins. They lived in one of the few surviving high-rises that had power. Until he was 8 he was raised on old tv shows that his parents inherited. When he was 8 though, a gang found their way up to their apartment to loot all of the rich folks. They hid him in a cabinet right before their door was kicked in. He saw both his parents get brutally beaten and murdered through a crack in the cabinet door. He spent many days after that in the apartment. The gang had left a box of crackers untouched so all he did was bring the crackers to his parents side and sit inbetween them eating crackers for four days until a neighbor came to check on them. They found him curled up and asleep inbetween his parents in a pool of dried blood. He spent the next several years moving between all of the neighbors who remained in the building. In those years, he was completely disconnected from reality, living in a world in his own mind made up from all of the old tv shows he watched when he was younger. When he was 13, another gang decided to loot the high rise. The family he was staying with at the time tried to resist them and the gang started beating the father. He was curled up in a corner and overlooked to no one saw him coming. Seeing this other family being beaten like his parents had been he snapped partially back to reality. He leapt at the closest gang member and bit his ear off. The guys bat dropped to the floor and Charles picked it up and went to work. Three gang members got away with a few broken ribs and a lost ear. Three more were left behind beaten to death with an aluminum bat. The family, while thankful for being saved, were now fearful of Charles having seen the brutality he was capable of. They gave him a few supplies and sent him on his way. He's been living on the streets ever since fighting against the gangs. He carries with him always that same aluminum bat. Since he snapped out of his haze, his personality has grown splintered. While he knows he is only one person, it is clear that he has more than one personality and he goes by a slightly different name for all of them. Chucky is his name for violence and vengeance. Charles is him when he is absorbed in his childhood fantasyland. He becomes Chuck when he gets overly serious and dramatic. Charlie is him most of the time, when he is closest to normal and sane.
Relations: He has quite the rep of being a gangbuster but no one ever wants to get close to him. As kind and pleasant as he seems most of the time, most people who know him have seen what he can do when he isn't.
Other:

Bulbasaur4
6th November 2004, 07:40 PM
Here is my sign up form(s):

Name: Deactivated (Has no name)
Age: 48 Years (However, appearance/personality age is young adult/older teen)
Appearance: See First Attachment She looks just like that. The clothing she has is outdated, but they were the last ones she wore. She has the same shirt as in the picture, the left sleeve was ripped off however. She has light blue jean shorts on, that are ripped slightly due to age and her history. She doesn't have human ears, but rather has small metallic ears (smaller than Chii from Chobits), so they're about the size of a cat. However they're a soft metal, or a new type of alloy so it's not as hard as silver or steel etc.. She has no shoes, and inside her hand is a golden necklace (when found.) with a star pendant.
Personality: She is very trusting, and would do anything asked of her because she doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. (she needs to learn.) She tends to ask many questions, and while she's optimistic she can get 'sad spells' as if some thing bothers her. She can be shy around others (when she is first activated she will not be shy, but once after) but will talk when asked etc... you'll find out more.
History: Before the war went into 'full chaos' 50 years ago, an EX-employee of a Persocom Company was working on his own advanced model. When the war finally came... he struggled to continue working with shortened supplies and the rapid chaos that followed. All persocom companies were shut down, and all Persocom were destroyed due to the high amount of energy and maitanance they require. For 2 more years the Ex-employee worked on her... and she was finally done. He was about to activate her, when irony would have it, his house was raided and he was killed. He had tucked her away in a closet however and by miracle she was overlooked.
The house that he lived in is now abandoned and empty, and she still remains in the rotting closet although her body is still virtually flawless and unspoiled.
Persocoms: They look, feel, act just like humans. My character is the last persocom ever to be made, and thus she is the most advanced. They have minds that are like computers (they can lock on to the internet, be used as phones etc..) but they also act, feel, and responds like humans do. The only difference between her and a human is that her organs are synthetic and her mind has a mini computer-like system with in it.
Relations: Her Creator died and she has never been activated.
Other:

I know my character is a Persocom, but I've been trying to find an RPG to put her in. This one seems good. I'd like it if there were no other Persocoms just for the fact that they are extremely rare and it'd be best to have humans the majority be humans.

Name: Christian Black (His alias name is just 'Black')
Appearance: See Second Attachment Christian looks just like that. His hair has a gleaming, sparkling silver hue to the faint blonde-hair that hides beneath it. His eyes are a crimson-red color, with a faint ligher hue intermixing into it. Of course, his eyes have been altered by technology. He wears the same, slim-fitting black shirt as in the picture, but adorned with it he wears fitting black pants, along with black, short-cut boots. About his neck is a black, silver-studded choke collar.
Personality: Rather confident and sly, Christian is a formidable opponent. He's very calm in all situations, and he looks at the world in a philosophical way. Although he can be rather nice and charming in appearance, when it comes down to business he's very comanding and serious. He is a charmer though... and has a weakness for romantic things and things of curiosity.
History: Christian Black was born to an ex-government official. His father was one of the few remaining governmental officials alive, and his family was wealthy. They lived under new names, and during his early ears Christian was educated in all subjects with an emphasis on history and languages. When Christian reached the age of 17, he discovered when his father died some thing extraordinary. His father was in alliegance with many different organizations secretly, because his father sensed that some thing would happen. THAT was the reason his father hadn't been killed and Christian had lived a rather luxerious life compared to everyone else in this day and age. When his father passed away, Christian discovered a whole new life and soon after 'playing the system' of gangs and organizations that his father used to be involved in, Christian became the head of one of the largest and most well-organized gang in teh world. The 'gang' was actually more like an organization, made up of the typical 'gang' types. Their name goes under, "Black Angels" which most of the typical gang members call instead, "Black Demons" because it sounds better and proves as an alias to prevent things.

Through these collected and different dispersed gangs that make up one large group, Christian can obtain many different things on the market through loopholes. While Christian himself isn't very violent, he realizes that in order to get alligance he must allow the gangs to do what they please in their free time. As long as when Christian sends word for them to do a mission, they'll do it. He realizes that they kill and do horrific acts, but in his mind he sees no way around it. The main reason he became a leader was so that he could do his own research on the world itself. He really desires changes in the world to be made... but he knows right now that isn't an option.
Relations: His mother is still alive, if some one perhaps wants a relation of some sort, just PM.
Other:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gladiator
6th November 2004, 08:53 PM
Not like I'm going to be chosen, but I'm totally willing to give it a shot. I'm aware that I tend to fade out, but I think this time around I'll stick with the characters I know will last. I figure this might be the best way to try one of my never-used characters.

Name: Gareth Redstone
Sex: Male
Appearance: Gareth stands at six feet and three inches and he has a slightly bulky build. He has tanned skin and wild dark hair as well as sharp green eyes. His face is usually grim, and he has thick arms. He often wears a black T-shirt, black jeans, and white sneakers. He also carries an old gold banded ring with a small red gem on it, a red jacket, and a bracelet (yes, a bracelet). Gareth has a tattoo on his back that resembles a lion.
Personality: Gareth is silent, arrogant, and ambitious, but prone to anger. Gareth is not cruel by nature, but he can be indifferent. While he isn't easy to get along with, he shows loyalty and respect to those he believes has earned it. He says he has no use for the weak and helpless, yet he does seem to care for others in his own way. Gareth can be very ruthless, but he does live by some code of honor that he will never break and doesn't try to take advantage of others. While he doesn‘t see himself as a leader, Gareth is not willing to follow anyone he believes is incapable of leadership. Often stoic, but also very brooding. Prone to very strange habits. Strangely enough, he's in one of his better moods lately.

History: Gareth grew up among death and destruction. His mother died when he was born; his stepfather went mad and committed suicide (though there is some doubt about that), and his stepsister (Elyssa) was in fluctuating health. When he was twelve, Gareth was left to fend for the both of them. While inexperienced in the ways of the outside world, Gareth was able to survive by his stubborness and ability to adapt. He mostly lived by taking residence in abandoned shops and opening various businesses depending on what he had at his disposal. He's worked as a gunmonger, a professional fighter, a security guard, and he often operated a diner. At age seventeen, he earned a reputation as a one-man police force when he stopped a local gang from terrorizing some of the street denizens. When he was twenty-four, his stepsister began dating a man who had worked as a surgeon/medic. With his help, Gareth agreed to a bone marrow transplant and also paid for some of the treatments needed to make his sister better. Back to normal, Elyssa thrived and was later married to the man who cured her. Gareth was almost ecstatic to find out that he would be a step-uncle (ignore the fact that he has no genetic relation to his only family)
Relations: Gareth recalls having seen Charles on the streets, but mostly because they were both fighting off the same gang. They then went their separate ways.
Other: Currently living/working in an old tavern, Gareth seems to enjoy his current line of work. He has no gang connections (most gangs tend to fear him). While he has gained more faith in mankind, old habits die hard and he can be a tough pain-in-the-ass.

"This world is sound proof. Where we live, no one can hear you scream," Gareth

Crystal Tears
6th November 2004, 08:58 PM
^_^
Name: Kayla Kenshin
Appearance: Kayla usually wears a white halter top, with a pink hood attached to it, she wears blue jean shorts. (not overly short but still pretty short) Kayla has slightly below shoulder length hair, expect for one long peice of hair that goes down to her ankles.(thats brown) That peice of hair is wrapped in a pink clothe. Making it look like a rather long braid.
She stands about 5'5'' and has lightly tanned skin, her eyes are a very bright blue. But one appears to be slightly darker then the other.
Personality: She's shy. Not overly, but enough to keep her suspicious and un trusting for alittle while. Though she cares for everything, and is kind to everyone. She can be very bitter, and act like she doesn't believe in the world anymore. Though its all a show, so no one figures out that shes a very nice girl.
History: She grew up in a make shift clan of raiders and inventors. She never knew her real mother, because she was soon killed afterwards in a raid. She only remembers chaos, and death. And So, she hides her feelings of saddness and hate with happiness.
Her deep feelings came shortly after a raid on her 18th birthday, everything was going well, and it was a nice day in the future worlds terms. But not all good things are to last.. The reaiders attacked, and killed everyone and everything infront of her, after that, she refused to ever fall inlove, or deeply care about person. And thus creating her personality.
Soon after that, met Catscar, and became friends with her. Even she vowed not to form any friends. She soon realised she needed one.
Relations: Friends With Catscar.
Other: nope..

hopes thats good..

EVme15
6th November 2004, 09:14 PM
Name: Catscar (she was never given a real name, and decided to take this one)
Appearance: She has dark hair, which can look either brown or black. It’s about shoulder-length and very messy, since she never brushes it. Her shirt is black colored with blue lining. The sleeves reach past her hands and are very loose, but the main part is cut at halfway down her abdomen and fits snugly. Her jeans are black and fit her perfectly. Her skin is paler than usual, but she doesn’t tan or burn. Her eyes are a hazel color, but they darken slightly in the shade. She’s taller than the average person. She has three scars on the left side of her face that look somewhat like whiskers, thus her name “Catscar”.
Personality: She’s distant from many people, not because she hates others but because she doesn’t want to be hurt. It takes a real show of loyalty to get close to her, but once someone’s proved themselves she’ll care for them like her own sibling. The fact that she hasn’t met anyone yet who’s trustworthy hasn’t dampened her belief that there’s someone out in the world that is. She’s made it her mission to find a person who thinks like she does. In the meantime, she’s cold to those who show her animosity, not taking mercy on those who try to hurt or kill her.
History: Her mother was only a teen when she was forced to bear Catscar. Neither of them learned who the father was. As a small child, Catscar clung to her mother for her life. They managed to survive together for ten years before her mother disappeared. Catscar doesn’t know if she left her or was killed, but ever since then she has been surviving on her own. She’s already given birth to two children, neither of which survived more than a day. She has slowly gotten stronger over the years, and now very few people will mess with her in a one-on-one. She very recently came across Kayla, who hasn't proven herself trustworthy, but on the other hand hasn't betrayed her yet.
Relations: Kayla (I hope that history is ok)
Other: Been a while since I RPed, huh? ^^ I’m pretty sure my life is back under control for a while.

Bulbasaur4
6th November 2004, 11:01 PM
^^ Yaaay!

Alright, everyone is accepted and I'm glad to see you back Kayla!

Mystic_clown
7th November 2004, 03:37 PM
Name: Kai Gearfreid
Appearance: He has short, snow white hair, which stands out on his tanned skin and dark crimson eyes. He’s well built and is quite handsome. He wears a white undershirt with the right sleeves torn off and a black leather jacket that’s usually left open. He has a pair of black jeans which have tears at the knees and a pair of black combat boots with metal toes. His right arms his made of a silver, metalic alloy some metal over the right side of his chest. He has a black, leather biker’s glove on his right hand and has a silver chain around his neck.
Personality: He’s a total bad ass with a fiery temper. When he’s in a good mood, he can be a bit of a smartass and has a tendancy to pick fights with people.He’s quite protective of those he cares about and will retaliate when threatened. He’s a nice guy once you get to know him, but it’s best to avoid him when he’s in a bad mood. He does jump the gun at times and when he REALLY looses his temper, expect stuff to fly around the room.
History: Kai was born and raised in poverty. When he was only 5\five, his parents were killed when ther house burnt down. He had learned the hard way that life is unfair and as a result, developed a bad ass and loner attitude. During his teens, Kai had joined numerous gangs and made a living out of theivery and violence. However, that all changed when he was twenty.

Kai was involved in a motorbike accident and his 'fellow gangmembers' left him for dead. Kai's life would have ended there, but as luck would have it, he was saved. A man know as 'the doc' found Kai and took him in. Since Kai had lost all use of his right arm, 'the doc' removed it and replaced it with a cybernetic one. At first, Kai was thinking of getting revenge, but 'the doc' convinced him to let it all go. Over the next four years, 'the doc' taught Kai that life was worth living and soon, Kai developed a positive view on life. Kai now has a new mission in life, to protect the innocent (especially children) from gangs (yes, I know it's corny, but it's a cause worth fighting for).
Relations: He's frends with 'the doc'
Other:

Hope that's okay B4. I'll do 'the doc' later.

Ali
7th November 2004, 08:45 PM
Sounds interesting. :D I'll post my form later at school when I'm not in danger of being caught on the computer.

Outlaw JT
7th November 2004, 09:56 PM
OOC: Thought I'd take a second character and do something a little unexpected.

Name: Katie Bell
Appearance: see attachment. Her hair is only shoulder length, though, and her eyes are a soft violet in color. She dresses as seen in the attachment except the clothes are tattered and faded with age and wear.
Personality: Katie is a caring and reserved individual. She is eager to learn and make new friends but she is reluctant to put herself out there because of the hardness she feels in most people. While she is usually a shy and quiet person she does have a bit of a fiery streak in her and she openly expresses her impatience when she has to repeat anything.
History: Katie Bell was born deaf. While her parents were resourceful they were not wealthy so they had no way of acquiring the medical help that could have fixed this when she was an infant and so she is cursed to carry the disability through life as the only procedure that can fix her hearing could only be performed on an infant. While her older brother and neither of her parents were deaf or mute, her grandmother who died many years before she was born was and so her parents knew sign language. She grew up moving constantly from place to place, her family always trying to keep ahead of the gang movements and the occasional riots that sprang up once or twice a year. Over time she learned sign language and how to read lips (although she still isn't perfect at reading lips). When she was 15, her older brother (then 20) ventured off on his own to see if there any cities better off than the one they lived in. When she was 18, her families luck at staying ahead of the gangs and riots ceased. They were caught in a major riot and she was seperated from her parents. When she was with her family she was enthusiastic and eager and alive with energy. Since she has been seperated from them, she hasn't met a single person who knew sign language and so she grew to be very shy and timid as she had no easy way to communicate with anyone. She had been taught the basics of reading and writing but it came secondary to learning sign language and as a child she found them very boring so she put all her energy into signing. In her two and a half years alone she has slowly made a few friends with some of the more kind shopkeepers but she has never really gotten that close to anyone because of her inability to fully communicate with others. She makes her home in an abandoned loft above an old abandoned pet store.
Relations: she has minor friends in some of the nicer shopkeepers but otherwise she is usally left wanting for true friendship.
Other:

Darkmaster Kagemusha
7th November 2004, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure that I have a reputation for fading out. I know that I've been in some RPGs that just died, even though I posted, and I've been in very very few that I had to actually quit, so I think my track record is decent--I stuck through the whole Gundam School Trilogy, if anyone besides me, M2-D2, and Pokemaster Ash remember that.

Name: Kid (only he knows his name, so people just call him "Kid")
Appearance: 6'1" tall, 175 pounds. A little bit chubby around the torso, but not noticeable under his clothing. He has short, spiky brown hair and dark brown eyes with flecks of black in them, and he is a pretty average looking guy. His left arm is a patchwork of scars, some rather gruesome, but most are faint white lines. His right forearm has a, intricate, weaving, black tattoo that winds across the top of his hand and over his fingers to his fingernails. He wears a very baggy, ragged gray tee shirt and baggy, very worn camoflague khaki pants, along with some old hiking boots. He has an extremely faded and worn leather jacket that he has sewn pockets into the inside, in which he puts some small knives and miscellaneous items he has collected.
Personality: He's very quiet most of the time, but his mind is active taking things in and interpreting them. He has a habit of manipulating people without them noticing, and so he tends not to speak often since he doesn't like manipulating people. He's actually a nice person and loves to help those he can, and has a thing for those who are innocent, and those who have problems communicating.
History: His parents were very optimistic, even through the chaos. They gave him a holy name, in the hopes that he would one day see a loving, free, peacefull world. When he was 11, however, his parents were killed when a gang blew up the crumbling building they were hiding in. His left arm was crushed, slashed, punctured and shattered by debris, while the rest of him was mostly just battered. He ended up with a rather eccentric young man who was with the gang that blew up the building. The young man, who called himself the Rebuilder, used almost all the technology he had at his disposal to save the 11 year old kid, rebuilding his right arm and repairing most of his body. He said the reason behind this action was because he felt sorry for the kid, but in all actuallity, he couldn't think of any logical reason for what he did. Kid ended up being adopted by some of the female gang members, who initiated him by putting the tattoo on his right arm, which was a very painful 12 hours. The gang taught him how to survive without help, and how to get along with people you hate, and how to communicate without being heard, which was often very necissary. The fragmented form of sign-language he knew helped him stay alive, and keep others alive, as well as his survival skills during the time that he was with the gang. When he turned 16, the gang's den got raided, and he ended up a refugee, travelling with some nomadic groups up until this point. He hadn't gotten to know any of the people, fearing they would all be killed anyway.
Relations: Other than a few people in nomadic groups and some remaining members of his old gang, he has very few connections with anyone.
Other:

Prof. Jb Wolf
8th November 2004, 12:30 AM
Name: Jonathan Wolfwood

Appearance: Tall and lanky, his body is still well-muscled despite being malnourished. His hair is messy, shoulder length dark auburn, usually tied back with a ragged string into a small ponytail. Wears a pair of slightly dented glasses, smallish and round over his warm chocolate brown eyes. Though somewhat handsome, his face is lined, making him seem a bit older than he really is. Wears a long sleeved crimson shirt, brown pants and sandals, worn and dusty with age underneath a ragged black coat. A white collar, similar to those worn by priests, is wrapped around the collar of the coat. A plain, simple iron pendant imprinted with a cross on one side and a wolf-head on the other is worn around his neck.

Personality: Gentle and affable, Jonathan has a bit of a disarming air around him. He does not judge, always happy to lend an ear to anyone for them to tell him their troubles, giving advice if he feels it is needed. He can become quite stubborn and steadfast in his belief that there is a little good in everyone. Despite this, he has little toleration for those who would take advantange of him or those weaker then themselves and will often go out of his way to help those in need.

History: Jonathan grew up with his mother and grandfather, his father having been killed during the riots. His grandfather taught him martial arts for protection, teaching him nothing was more important than a family. His mother reaffirmed this, teaching him that there is good in everyone, even in this age of death destruction. For thirteen years, the three moved along the city, moving from buidling to building, surviving through gang raids and riots. But when he turned thirteen, tragedy struck as a gang raid left his grandfather dead and his mother crippled. Injured himself, Jonathan was barely able to get his mother away, carrying her to a ruined church. There, he fell at the foot of the door, praying to whatever God or Goddess that lived to spare the lives of him and his mother. Perhaps one was listening, for no one disturbed either of them and Jonathan found himself and his mother within the church when he awoke, with no sign of anyone around or any prior habitation. Convinced that he had found a sanctuary, Joanthan decided to make sure that the church stayed this way. He named the church "Pagasa" which in his native language meant 'hope', and opened it to any who would seek refuge under his roof. He is often called "Father" or "Preach" by those who come to Pagasa because he often tries to bring the good out of them. Though at one time or another, a gang has tried to raid Pagasa, Jonathan has somehow been able to keep safe his sanctuary.

Relations: Many come to Pagasa to recuperate or just to find a place of peace away from the chaos that rules the streets, Jonathan is familiar with most of them. Some have even taken to living there permenantly, and he usually leaves one of them in charge when he is away from the church. His mother still lives, though she is confined to a makeshift wheelchair to get around.
Other: Nothing of note...

Bulbasaur4
8th November 2004, 08:35 AM
Yay! More signer-upers!

Mystic_Clown: I'm sorry, but I really don't think I'm going to allow your character. All the major countries would not have been building weapons, and the few countries that were building weapons would have only built things related to the energy-like weapons. Plus I really don't want a walking 'weapon' guy because it seems, well... just please change it or delete it and start a new form if you wish to join. Sorry...

As for everyone else, your forms are good. A lot of creative backgrounds that are different yet some how intertwined.... HMmmmMMMmm... lol. Well, right now we have nine characters so I'm thinking that's going to be good. I'll start the RPG tonight, and if any late sign-ups come I'll check them over. I'm not going to limit us to nine characters, but I don't want too many but I doubt I'll get a lot in a mere 24 period.

Yep yep.

Ali
8th November 2004, 01:14 PM
Name; Reika Mishima
Age; 18
Gender; Female
Appearance; See attatchment. She looks exactly like that, except her hair is a jet-black color, and her dress goes down to her knees. Reika wears a white skin tight pants that go down to mid-shin, and she also wears a pair of faded yellow shoes to complete her outfit. Around her left wrist is a silver bracelet. There is writing on it, but most of it is worn away, and only 'Reika Mishima' is visible.
Personality; Reika mostly keeps to herself, but she's not afraid to speak her mind when she wants to. But because most of the time she doesn't really say much, people usually assume that's she's shy, which isn't really true. She doesn't really see a point in talking unless something important needs to be said. And despite countless tries of various people, none of them have really 'connected' to Reika and understand her, so there is no one that she could call a 'friend'. There are plenty of people around that she 'knows' by sight but not by name or personality. But there is one thing that Reika is absolutely passionate about, and that is singing. She absolutely loves singing, and she is very good, despite having no training.
History; Reika has no memory of the first twelve years of her life. She woke up, hidden in a pile of garbage, in the middle of a gang fight and covered with blood, even though there were no wounds on her. That's as far as she can remember - watching the brutal fight with wide eyes, covered in sticky blood and garbage, too scared to make a sound or move. Even when the fight was over, Reika didn't leave the pile of garbage until some scavengers rooting through the garbage found her. Taking pity on her, they tried to clean her up as best as they good and dressed her in some cast-off clothes. When they asked her who she was, she replied with "Reika Mishima, age twelve" and didn't speak another word for six months, but after six months she still didn't talk that much. She ending up living with the scavengers for about two years, managing to eke out a living for a while, until they accidently stumbled onto a gang fight. Reika managed to flee the fight, but she doesn't know what happened to the others with her. Hiding in an allyway, she was discovered by the cook, who had stepped out for a smoke, of a rather popular and upscale club. Needing someone to scrub the dishes and finding Reika outside, the cook dragged the girl inside where she worked in the kitchen for a year, where she sang a little as she worked. One day, as the owner of the club was checking the kitchens, he overheard Reika singing to herself. As soon as he realized who was singing, he dragged her to the stage and told her to sing. Frightened, but thrilled to sing in front of an audience, Reika complied and became an instant hit. From that day, Reika moved from kitchen helper to being one of the most popular singers of the club. She's been singing in the club for three years and manages to make a relatively comfortable life - singing in the club at evenings and throughout the night and sleeping in her small, but clean apartment with the doors and windows barricaded to prevent thieves.
Relations; None.
Other; Reika still doesn't remember her past, but occasionally she wakes up, her bed drenched from sweat, from a nightmare she can't remember.

Hopefully I'll be accepted. 8D;;

Samchu
8th November 2004, 02:45 PM
Name: Mark Trinbal

Appearance: 6'2 and a strong build to match it. His hair is a deep shade of brown, cut down to about 1/2 cm. Wears a black sleeveless shirt and jeans that are scuffed up the legs and about 2-3 sizes too big. His skin is lightly tanned from being outside most of the time and he has a heavy silver braclet on his right wrist. His eyes are a deep shade of blue/grey and his black trainers have become faded and the laces worn.

Personality: He's an enthusiastic go-getter, he sees something he wants and he'll have it, by any means. He sees life as an opportunity, he feels he can mould life into his own perfect design and he's got a knack for getting htings to go his way, and they rarely don't. He can be cocky and sometimes arrogant but is generally repsectful of people, that's how he got where he is today.

History: Life on the streets is the only life he's ever known. He's been in a gang for as long as he can remember but he's comfortable with it, it's the life he knows and he wouldn't have it any other way.
He never knew his parents, his oldest brother looked out for him as leader of the gang. Mark respected him, followed his guidance and learnt everything he knows from the experiences his brother gave him.
2 years ago though, Mark's brother was shot during a shop raid and Mark took over as gang leader, since then, the gang has become much more active, recruiting new members and extending their reach of 'terror'. The gang soon became feared widly, taking out other smaller gangs and either killing or recruiting their members. But Mark never killed, he was against it but it went on nonetheless, it was a small bit of enjoyment that he 'allowed' the others to have.
He really wants to have a better life than this but he's going about it the only way he can.

Relations: none

Other: none

Mystic_clown
8th November 2004, 03:52 PM
I've editted my sign up. What do you think?

EngiMatikul
9th November 2004, 12:10 AM
PJBW told me to be his alarm clock for this RPG, but said I didn't have to join. -_-;; Geez, if I'm not going to join, why the heck would I want to remind you to post? /pif
-----
Name: Dr. Thomas Reusbucks
Appearance: 5' 9", around, and approximately 98 lbs. Obviously, a decently skinny build, though not quite emanciated. Light green hair, slightly messy from the chaos but attempts to keep it a bit orderly and for the most part it flows in one direction the right side. He wears a vertically stripped gray and white button down shirt (the stripes are relatively thin), buttoned all the way except for two buttons on the top. It is tucked into his brown slacks to make him seem rather neat, though the occasional dirt specks and the mere fact that he hasn't changed his apparel in days would obviously present otherwise. He carries around a lab coat in his arms and wears it when it gets particularly cold, or if he doesn't find a place to sleep, he uses it as a blanket. He carries a relatively large but not entirely burdensome briefcase that contains medical supplies.
Personality: For a doctor, he seems especially cold and distant (but for most of my characters, he seems normal :P), and is not emotionally affected by injuries or dead bodies as he has seen many of these in his lifetime, especially in his recent years. Due to the catastrophe that has just occurred, he has realized through his reasoning that if he were to help anyone that needed help, he himself will end up the victimized one and most likely die of exhaustion. Hence, he has decided that he would only aid those that needed medical attention in exchange for basic survival needs, such as food, shelter, etc. Actually, he deep inside himself he wishes he can help anyone that he comes across, but his reasoning tells him that he cannot survive if he does so... and if he doesn't survive, he would not be able to carry out the two goals he has left, the two goals that convince him to live on in this world.
History: When he was very young in his ages, his parents had decided that the area that they were living in was insufficient enough and dangerous for the family, but they only had enough expenses to send one person away from the city. They decided to send him to a local friend of thiers, a highly skilled medical doctor that lived in the outskirts of a very small village, one of the rare villages that has remained untouched by the effects of the outer world...during that time period.
For about two decades, he was raised to be a proficient medical doctor and served his guardian and teacher well. However, during his early twenties, problems began to occur. First, the supply line had become cut off from the small village, which immediately caused a sense of consternation within his guardian. From then on, supplies were limited and the doctor that Thomas stayed with seemed more anxious than his usual self. Then, one day, it happened. Thomas happened to be outside buying groceries when a foriegn gang invaded the city and killed off the doctor. Thomas felt shocked and saddened inside, but did not express it externally due to the method he was raised in. Instead, he attempted to hold the clinic open as long as possible, but with increasing gangster attacks and a dwindling supply of materials, it became impossibly hard to do. Finally, with a private sense of forsakement and guilt, he closed down the clinic, took the last remaining supplies, and left. Before he left, there was one thing of interest he took with him and was perhaps a key factor in his decision to leave. He had found his doctor's log which recorded major and important events during the doctor's lifetime, including the tragedy of the world he was sheltered from. It was there that he discovered that he had a sister, and sought to find her.
Over the last couple of years, Thomas had the occupation of a vagabond medical doctor, stealing supplies from abandoned hospitals and treating patients in exchange for bare essential needs. In some parts, he even recieved fame, though he had already left the town before he heard any word of it. Miraculously, he has not been killed or attacked by a gang; occasionally, a gang may even ask for his assistance. Nevertheless, Thomas never works for free; he will not save other lives if they cannot support his own.
Relations: His parents are dead and he has a younger sister which he never met... despite this, his sister is one of the main goals of him continuing to live. His mentor, as Thomas had discovered in the book, had a collegue that is actually B4's persacom creator (if that's ok with B4)
Other: Yay! VP will be my sister! Unfortunately, I think you need to change your history too. Sorry for my messup. :(

EDIT: After looking at all the other character profiles, I realize my character (and VP's, but it's partly my fault anyway) is horribly out of date. So, I'm changing the history a little, as well as adding a relation.

VirtualPlay
9th November 2004, 02:35 AM
Name: Kathy Rose (not her real last name; she can't remember what it is)
Appearance: Click here! (http://www.virtualplay.net/img/rpg/saeko_recolored.jpg) She looks like that, but with quite a bit more dirt and dust on her from the not-so-nice world after the catastrophe. She's only about 5'6", and weighs no more than 90 lbs.
Personality: She's a desperate hopeful. She knows that somehow there will be a solution to the chaos, and so she puts all the bad stuff that happens behind her, looking forward with an almost crazed determination to find the solution to the problem. Most of the time, however, she comes across as a happy, bright girl, completely the opposite of her surroundings.
History: She grew up the first few years of her life living off of some "care packages" that were sent from some faraway town that wasn't as affected by the catastrophe (the packages were sent to the town in which only a few families were still living, and were shared between them). However, when she was about 9, one of the packages was intercepted and "delivered" by a rough gang that went around beating most everyone in the town. Kathy was hit hard on the head, causing her to develop slight amnesia, but both of her parents were killed from excessive beating. Clueless and desperate, she ran away to the closest city.
Kathy has been living in the shell of the attic of what remains of an old, mostly-destroyed house. At first, she lived off of food she swiped from the nearby grocery store (she was able to sneak in because she's skinny and could fit in the cracks). More recently, she has been living off of a huge box of canned food that she just found in a buried corner of "her" attic.
Relations: Even though she doesn't know him, Dr. Thomas Reusbucks is her brother. She does know she has a brother, and has been silently searching for him, even though she has no idea what he looks like.
Other: She decided on her new last name after seeing a single rose from a ruined garden sticking up, still trying to grow.

Hm, only one character this time…I think I'll get overwhelmed if I do any more.

Mewtwo-D2
9th November 2004, 10:08 AM
Name: Keiran Cathmore
Appearance: See Attachment minus the sword. Keiran is tall, broad-shouldered, and leanly-muscled. He has longish dark brown hair and dark grey eyes. He usually wears an old bomber jacket, faded jeans, and a baggy white collarless shirt. He always wears a necklace with a large bloodred stone on it. His most distinguishing marks are two tattoos in the palms of his hand- the Red Queen in the left, the White Queen in the right. He has the words 'CHECK' and 'MATE' tattooed onto his knuckles. His weapon of choice is a long iron chain that he wears looped over his shoulder.
Personality: Keiran is short-tempered, sarcastic, and rather rude. He'll usually choose the violent route over the peaceful one. He has a faint longing for something better, but has no idea what that better something could be.
History: Keiran was born into a motorcycle gang called 'Aine's Rejects', the son of the gang chief. His mother was killed by his father in a fight over him when he was seven years old. His mother wanted to leave the gang and raise him in a more stable environment. His father wanted his son and heir to be with the gang at all times. When his mother told his father that Keiran could have a better life if he left to live with her, at least until he was older, his father brought Keiran into the room and demanded to know if he wanted to live with his mother. When the boy couldn't decide, his father began to beat his mother. After every blow, he'd yell at Keiran to answer yes or no, while his mother screamed and pleaded with him to answer. He couldn't answer and so watched his father beat his mother to death. Later his father said it was for his own good and witnessing it had made him a man. Keiran has since lived in the gang under his father's tutelage- being groomed to become the next gang leader. However, the nagging doubt always remains in his mind that if he'd said 'Yes', he could have had something better in life... if only he knew what something better was.
Relations: His father and his fellow gang members.
Other: Has a motorcycle (if they're allowed). Smokes almost constantly and drinks quite a bit.

Pichu Luver
9th November 2004, 04:16 PM
Name: Kaelin Orison
Appearance: She has a thin build but it is hidden under her baggy clothes. It is because she doesn’t always get the nourishment she needs. She has rather short brown hair, reaching just below her ears. It has a slightly red tint to it when the sun hits it. She has a gold heart shaped pendant with her parents photos in it. Her eyes are a chocolate brown, getting lighter toward the centre. She wears a baggy blue tie-dyed T-shirt that has a falling navy maple leaf on it. The shirt is very faded and if you look close you can see where she’s knitted it back together. All her clothes and belongings are like this. She also wears a light blue zip up hoodie, and it’s very soft. She has a light waterproof jacket that it grey and black that she ties around her waist. For pants she wears navy pants that flare outwards from the knee. Her shoes are old runners that she’s fixed up many times. She wears a backpack that she carries all her supplies in for fixing her clothes, and her sleeping stuff (pillow, blanket, a sleeping bag), break in equipment, among other things. She also has a sword on her back. She has a very worn look to her, and nothing is new. She also has a special gloves and a pad that can attach to her feet, allowing her to climb walls but not glass or smooth plastic.
Personality: She prefers to keep to herself and doesn’t make friends easily. This is because she has been betrayed many times in the past. She is also very untrusting because of this. She likes to do things herself and not in a group. She may not like other people but she will help kids who are in trouble. She hopes there is some good people still out there but that she just hasn’t run into them. She shies away from friendships but in fact really would like a friend whom she can trust.
History: She was born on the streets, her mother a low-level burglar, only taking what she needed for them to survive. She never knew her father, as he disappeared one night when her mother was five months pregnant with her. Her mother doesn’t know if he ran off, or was killed but she does know his name, Jack Orison. Her mother firmly believes he didn’t run off so gave Kaelin his name, Kaelin was doubtful about it but did as her mother wanted, she already had enough to deal with every day. Her mother taught her all her tricks and all her values, especially when she got sick. Kaelin never figured out what it was she had but it took a long time for her to die. It started when Kaelin was 16 and finally killed her when she was almost 19.

Kaelin now has been moving around a lot, only taking what she needs and helping out the local kids where she can. She knows in this harsh world they never keep their innocence for long and can use all the help they can get. She usually lives in abandoned apartments only using one room, and knows how to lock a door so no one can get in. With her tough life she knows how to defend herself also how to break into almost anywhere. She's also very agile, able to outrun most people. She found a slightly curved sword and carries it around on her back. She drops into Pagasa now and again when she gets kicked out of the apartments she's currently living in.
Relations: Knows Jonathan Wolfwood slightly (if that's ok) Only from sight though, they've never exchanged words.
Other:

Bulbasaur4
12th November 2004, 10:43 PM
Alright, everyone is accepted and no new sign ups are allowed.

^^ I'm gunna start this, should be up in a few minutes.