PDA

View Full Version : Shuckle

SeleucusII
8th November 2004, 04:32 AM
Can anyone suggest a moveset and item for a shuckle please?

Flannery
8th November 2004, 04:51 AM
I don`t know, what Item it should have, but I can give you a nice moveset for Shuckle:

Shuckle
Nature: Sassy
-Rest
-Toxic
-Double Team/Wrap
-Rollout

SeleucusII
8th November 2004, 05:14 AM
Good moveset but i was thinking about using swagger so maybe i should delete rollout,shuckles attack's crap anyway,maybe leftovers would work.

Flannery
8th November 2004, 05:18 AM
Good moveset but i was thinking about using swagger so maybe i should delete rollout,shuckles attack's crap anyway,maybe leftovers would work.

Yes, Shuckle`s attack sucks more than everything :P but remember,
Rollout is like Rage, only stronger. It is stronger every time. My Shuckle has Rollout and we won with many opponents. That why I said, that Rollout is a good idea. What a pity, Shuckle doesn`t learn Confuse Ray :P

SeleucusII
8th November 2004, 05:25 AM
I know rollout gets stronger but i wanted shuckle to be an annoyer because i already have strong pokemon to attack with,shuckle is just there in case that don't work.

Loupeitak
8th November 2004, 06:45 AM
Every pokemon needs at least one attacking move. If you put Swagger there instead of Rollout you would become a sitting duck against some steel type.

Take that moveset. Swagger is no good on Shuckle

andyizcool
8th November 2004, 01:40 PM
Take that moveset. Swagger is no good on Shuckle
Swagger will confuse the enemy and higher their Attack so they deal more damage to themself in confusion. The good thing is Shuckle has high Defence so Swagger might be a good idea for Shuckle if you plan on using it as an Annoyer.

rinku
8th November 2004, 04:07 PM
Why not replace Double Team/Wrap with Rollout then? Shuckle is a serious tank, so gets less out of DT than a more fragile pokémon. Wrap is only there to trap them, but Toxic does not require the target to be trapped (unlike Leech Seed or Perish Song) in order to (eventually) work.

Bide is also valid against sweepers, especially if they've been foolish enough to put in a set of 4 attacking moves. Works well with Encore too.

Rest
Toxic
Bide/Rollout
Swagger/Encore

Note that both Rollout and Encore are *Emerald* move tutor moves. Apart from netbattle, only Japanese Emerald owners have access to that set. Bide + Encore are a good level-up alternative.

WaterTrainer
8th November 2004, 11:22 PM
I would prefer:
Rest
Toxic
Sandstorm
Wrap

It's to annoy the foe, but I dont think it'll work against Steel types

Mitch's Bashamo
10th November 2004, 12:44 AM
I use that set with my Shuckle and I win a fair bit on PKMN Netbattle with Shuckle.

SeleucusII
10th November 2004, 11:28 AM
Alright thanks everybody you've been a great help :)

Don't Run With Scizors
10th November 2004, 01:55 PM
Back in GSC, some people made a somewhat successful Shuckle set: Double Team, Curse, Rollout, Rest @Leftovers. The idea was to let your opponent faint all your other Pokemon first, then let Shuckle set up. That way, Skarmory couldn't Whirlwind it out while it set up. It wasn't a major set though; it was kind of a fun set.

Fighting against a Shuckle is like fighting a wall - you can't do anything to it, but it can't exactly lunge out at you either. Emerald gave it back Rollout to work with, but without Curse it's still rather useless.