PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Nooo, my Contraptions game has been destroyed!

Knight of Time
8th November 2004, 09:22 AM
Hi...

I kinda doubt that anyone has ever had any event as unfortunate as the one I am about to tell you guys, but has anyone here ever broken something that belonged to you by accident, leaving it completely ruined?

For me, sadly, yes this has happened. One day, when I mistakenly put my Contraptions: Return of the Incredible Machine CD-Rom on the floor, I accidently crushed it under one of the wheels of the computer chair I sit in. Because the CD-Rom has so many cracks in it (it looks terrible), it is, unfortunately, ruined... Despite the fact that I have other games similar to this one, this tragic event has made me decide to never play an Incredible Machine type game ever again (that is, unless a brand new one comes out someday from Sierra with some all new puzzle parts)... :(

SupremeChampion
8th November 2004, 09:31 AM
yea, i have done this before, but i really can't remember to what, most likely my old toys and stuff.

~The Italian Stallion

Lady Vulpix
8th November 2004, 10:00 AM
Let me assure you, Kyle, events can get a lot more unfortunate than that. If that's the worst thing that's happened in your life, consider yourself lucky.

Agent Elrond
8th November 2004, 10:21 AM
Er, I once spilled milk all over my brother's Game Boy Advance SP. :eek: But aside from the colors going funky for about a minute it made a full recovery and has been fine to this day. o.O

So yea, I guess that doesn't count... hang on a sec...

I once got a stcik jammed in the rear chain rings on my bycicle, and that pretty much destroyed the rear derailer. (That's the part that makes the chain shift from one sprocket to the next.) That sucked royally, cause I had to walk out and get a ride home. >.< Perfectly good ride ruined!

Pichu
8th November 2004, 12:31 PM
Kyle, if you still have the CD-KEY or whatever that is needed, go to suprnova.org to download a new one, for free. =D

things like:
- my diablo ii expansion CD got cracked one day. It splitted open in the insides, not external damage.
- rolling back from my computer chair, and crushed the fan behind me (broke its neck)
- put my favorite plastic cup into my backpack, but later found out it was crushed by my books. x_X; (that was awfully upset)
- I was suppose to backup my car, to get out of a parking lot in a store, but it was shifted in drive.... x_X;

Jay
9th November 2004, 02:49 AM
I don't think I've had anything like that happen, or if it did, it wasn't important.

That's not really serious though, Kyle. As Gabi said, you're lucky that that's the baddest thing you've experienced.

(I couldn't imagine what he'd do if he found out a family member was about to die)

homeofmew
9th November 2004, 05:21 PM
I done many things to stuff i regret accidently doing stuff wishing I had not.
Ripping cards, breaking things, sometimes in maddness
we do things that we shouldn't do.

Crystal Mew
11th November 2004, 03:50 PM
My grandma bought me these Lord of the Ring plates, they are really nice, and pretty and stuff. One day I got mad at my brother, and I went to my room, and I slammed my door, and I bumped into this rolley-turn thingy I have, and I had previously put the plates in there to stay safe until the sword came, but they all fell on the carpet which was like 2 feet down. I didn't think they would break, but sure enough 2 of them did :( it made me sad2...I was so upset. Actually, it still makes me a little angry now...but whatever, I got over it .-.;

you can always buy another cd-game o___O; these plates were a gift ;_;

abunaidesu
30th November 2004, 11:27 PM
i got pissed and threw my gba sp and it broke.