PDA

View Full Version : Which movie do you like best/like to see best?

Dr_Omicron
27th February 2003, 03:21 AM
It's been a while since the poster for the 6th movie has been shown to the public. You really can't make out any storyline, but it's clear that it'll involve Abusoru/Absol/http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs152.png.

Personally, I find the movies to be a pleasant deviation from the cartoon itself, especially sections of it where every episode is the same, namely Johto. :mad: Unlike the regular anime, the movies actually contain plots where Ash and company (and usually the world) is in danger, fast-paced battles where the Pokémon actually look skilled and not have one frame for each big hit, and the places they visit look non-oriental (usually). I'm kind of indifferent to the little mini-movies, and due to the brilliant "Limited Release" idea that MIRAMAX made, I only got to see the first three, plus Mewtwo Returns. Thus, I only have good movie summaries for the first three movies.

Pokémon: The First Movie; Mewtwo Strikes Back
Ash gets a mysterious letter from a Dragonite, inviting him to a special meeting only for the best trainers. Overcome once more by his ego, Ash, Misty, and Brock sets sail for New Island, where a series of experiments gone horribly wrong has taken place...

Pokémon: The Movie 2000; The Power of One
Lawrence is a collector. He's collected so much stuff that he gets the crazy idea to capture Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Always the conservationist, Ash, Misty, and Tracy feel the tropical freeze, and Ash alone gets to ride Lugia and save the world...

Pokémon: The Movie 3; Spell of the Unown
Professor Hale has fallen into a vortex containing Unown, orphaning Molly. Missing her padres, Molly summons the Unown to give her Entei, a makeshift dad, who in turn steals Delia, Ash's mom, as her own. In the meantime, the Hale Chateau has been transformed into a monstrous crystalline lily blossom, and as the Unown continue messing around with reality, the flower gradually closes...

Pokémon: 4Ever; ???
Sorry, I didn't get to check this out, since the only theater that we could find that shows it shows when I'm at school. :( Anyway, Ash meets Sammy, a mysterious boy who apparently got Celebi's aid to travel a few decades back to the past (AKA the present). Hot on Sammy's trail, however, is a demonic Poké-Poacher with an equally-devilish machine and dastardly Dark Poké Balls, which brainwashes any Pokémon it captures...

Pokémon TV Special: Mewtwo Returns
Ever wondered what happened to ewtwo after the first movie? Well, Mewtwo becomes a misanthropist living with his super clones on a remote island, which--you guessed it--Ash more or less accidentally stumbles upon. But Giovanni, the leader of the whole Team Rocket crime organization, has also found the secluded area...

Pokémon: The Fifth Movie?; (The Tale of Latias and Latios?)
Ash has been all over Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto, so he sets his sights on Venice! Or at least a poser. This hydro-habitat is home to two deitic dragons, Latias and Latios. Apparently, they possess a much-sought after jewel, the Heart Drop...

Pokémon: The Sixth Movie?; (Absol Adventures????)
I have no idea what this is about. Better wait until something surfaces! I have a strong hunch that Jirachi and/or Deoxys wil get involved too!

Light_Togetic
27th February 2003, 09:56 AM
I voted for Pokemon 2000. However, Pokemon 4Ever makes a close second. I voted for 2000 though because it has more Misty and Team Rocket involvement than the other movies (well, besides 4Ever for the Team Rocket part), Lugia is really cool, and Articuno is my fav. legendary pokemon besides Ho-oh. The only down side to it is that there's no Brock.:(

Dr_Omicron
27th February 2003, 11:50 AM
You got to see Pokémon 4Ever? You are so lucky...I guess I'll have to buy another DVD player and get the DVD for it or something.

Typical of something made by me, it doesn't seem to be catching on.

Darth J.
27th February 2003, 12:15 PM
I only saw the first three movies ...
I voted for Pokémon 2000.

It has all the things for a good movie : humor, action, cool looking Pokémon, Team Rocket and AAML ...

Light_Togetic
27th February 2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I saw 4Ever in theaters. It's "limited release" came to my town for about half a week. When I asked the guy for two tickets to see it, he practically started laughing! There was only me, my brother, and some guy and his two kids in the whole theater. Pretty sad! All of the Japanese background music was great, but whenever an English song came on... ugh... especially the song at the end... double ugh! But they kept very close to the original Japanese script (with the exception of Team Rocket of course), which surprised both me and my brother. They did add in a few scenes to make it more obvious of who Sam was for younger audiences.

Gary Warrior
27th February 2003, 03:14 PM
Probably Pokemon 2000. the First Movie was too peaceful and virtue-ish for my likeing. the third movie scarred me for life, it was the worst excuse for a pokemon movie ever. and i havent seen 4, 5 or 6. 2000 apeals to me cuz of the interesting plot, extremeatees, my favorite legendary pokemon (so far) and the lack of Brock. :-D

JazzJazz
27th February 2003, 03:38 PM
I went for 6. I haven't seen it, but the anticipation is what motivated my vote. Also, the others didn't really appeal to me.

Pokemon Neo
27th February 2003, 05:28 PM
Here's my list:

1.Revelation Lugia (P2K)
2.Mewtwo Returns
3.Mewtwo Strikes Back (The First Movie)
4.Lord of the Unknown Tower (Pokemon 3)
5.A Timeless Encounter (4Ever)

For the most part,I like Revelation Lugia the best because of the brilliant action sequences.They're just amazing to look at.Whenever I meet someone who happens to be a poké-basher,I always mention RL so they can see Pokemon at it's best.It's even twice as good if they manage to see the japanese version.(which I lost :()That's why the stupid critics infuriate me.I think I was on half.com and saw one of the reviews for P2K where it said that the movie is just about "moving pictures".:mad: OMFG Geez,we get it.You-don't-like-Pokemon.But even if this critic did have some huge animosity towards Pokemon,the least he/she could've done is mention that the movie had excellent animation.*sigh* Oh well...

Mewtwo Returns-Again,Pokemon at it's best.The dub pulled off a good job as well.We get to see Mewtwo still struggling with who he is and then finally realizing that all living beings should live their lives to the fullest and that he should not see the world as his enemy.We also get to see another example of Mewtwo's power.(He teleported a mountain top all by himself people!:o)

Mewtwo Strikes Back-Like P2K,this is another movie that's a lot better if you get to see the japanese version.One of my favorite lines from the movie is,"In this world,the only ones who can create another life is man and God." Pfft,you won't hear that on the dub anytime soon.:rolleyes: (Just in case no one knew,I'm a HUGE Mewtwo fanatic BTW.:D C'mon,the guy just kicks arse.)

Lord of the Unknown Tower-Funny thing is,I've only seen this movie ONCE.And that was waaaay back when it came out in theaters.I don't know why this is the one most people don't like.I thought it was pretty good actually.Just the concept of this dream world that emanated out of Molly's mind due to her grief,fear,and desperation was very dramatic.Also,this one has the best art out of all of them.

A Timeless Encounter-Even though I did like the movie,it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be.I don't know,I just can't put my finger on it.Maybe if I see it again on DVD my thoughts on 4Ever might change.Suicune was the best part of the movie and I really liked the "bell toll" sound effect when Celebi travled through time.I also noticed that this one was very shounen-ai.I mean,Ash has been with Misty for a LONG time now,and yet he gets very "buddy-buddy" with this kid he just met.:rolleyes: Geez,after 250+episodes,3 movies,and 1 special,we get to see Ash put his arm around Sammy instead of Misty.-_-; Not to mention that he starts to cry when Sammy has to go back to his own time.Oh well,my guess is that it was just some fan-service for all the shounen-ai/yaoi fan girls out there. lol

GoldenDragonite
27th February 2003, 06:01 PM
I went for 2000.. truly it is the best movie. It has the best score.. and Lugia is one of my all time favorite pokemon. The "Legend comes to life" song at the end is just beautiful.. and the animation is awesome!

Here's my list of favorite movies..

1. Power of One
2. Mewtwo Strikes Back
3. Lord of the Unown Tower
4. Voice of the forest (I think thats what its called)
5. Mewtwo returns- For some reason I didn't really like this..

I am looking forward to seeing the 5th movie.. hopefully it'll be really good. I'm hoping for a whole new score (I've heard the Japanese.. it sounds like pirate music...) It'd be interesting to see what kind of music they could come up with..

Hanada Tattsu
27th February 2003, 06:38 PM
I voted for Pokemon: The Movie 2000 because it just seems so tropical to me. The animation and effects were brilliant, the voice acting (at least in the Japanese version) was excellent, and the plot was suberp.

Also, one of my favorite villians, Jiraudan, made an appearence, and Lugia did as well! For all the AAML fans out there, there was huge hints in this, and Team Rocket was funny!

Just one thing, however. Did anyone count how many lines Tracey said in this episode? Yeah, I know, he just stood there for the whole thing. I mean, Tracey is my second favorite character (second to Misty) and he should have a bigger role.

RaichuRocks
3rd March 2003, 12:31 AM
heh, they didn't even list this:

Raikou: Legend of Thunder

thats my favorite movie/special(its a little over an hour long)

Revelation Lugia(Japanese) is my favorite regular movie(cause of Lugia and the whole Legendary bird thing, and I spotted 8 Raichus in the movie!)

Light_Togetic
3rd March 2003, 10:09 AM
Yeah, Tracey says absolutely squat in the Power of One! Even if that gave more lines to Misty, that's still ridiculous! I think I counted one time how many lines he said, and it was something like 6. And that was including lines like, "Look!" Kinda sad really...:(

BenRG
3rd March 2003, 10:49 AM
I have only seen the first three movies so far. The fourth movie has not yet and probably will never have a theatrical release here in the UK, so I will have to wait until it comes out on video and DVD. :(

Anyway, my favorite movie so far is 'Spell of the Unown'. It has the best storyline so far, with some interesting sci-fi and fantasy elements, plus many philosophical moments about what defines reality. In Molly Hale, it has one of the most human characters in the animé and has a fantastic non-recurring character in the False Entei. Visually and in terms of storytelling, the third movie is streets ahead of all the competition so far.