8th November 2004, 11:49 PM
G6-04
--------------
GILFORD THE LIGHTNING
--------------
Light/Warrior/7/2800/1400
--------------
If you sacrifice 3 Monsters to Sacrifice Summon this card,
destroy all Monsters on your opponent's Field.
--------------
Secret Rare
--------------
Thanx to Edo's YuGiOh

This card has been printed out 2 or 3 (cant remember) times in diffrent things like Structure Decks and such and has potential for being a strong monster to base a deck around in my opinion.

In my Gilford deck I use Kaiser Seahorse and Mad Scientist for its effect. This card to me is a 3.5/5. It has good attack and I cant wait for it to come to the english game.

So like Sixth Sence, Discuss!

Last Exile
9th November 2004, 01:00 AM
The current meta almost makes it impossible to have 3 monsters on the field at once unless you use something like Nimble Mononga. I'd take Archlord Zerato or God of World Creation over Gilford.

Dark-San
9th November 2004, 06:22 AM
In fact Last Exile, you're quite wrong. With Raigeki and Dark Hole into the bin, this deck has become much playable. I used to play this deck. And to get Gliford out, I played 3 cards. Two of them already mentioned by Swampert1, the other one is Goddness Venus. Yes with a payment of 500 Hp, I could get more creatures out to tribute for Gliford.

In fact why this deck maybe playable now is due to the fact that there are lack of removals in the metagame now. The ban list has dealt a severe blow into the monster removal list. So with Gliford's effect, you can easily clear even a field full of creatures lolz~

Another main point on why Gliford is still playable is also due to the fact that many ppl are now playing Scapegoat over Apostles of Harmony (Wabuko). Reason? Harmony only protects you for a turn while Scapegoat ensures you of at least 4 turns if EX Virus isn't around. Gliford is another way to deal with those pesky goats!

Lastly I can end by rating this card at 6/10. Though its useful now, but its still a tribute creature. Lv 4 Creature and Special Summoned Creatures Still Ownzed Tribute Creatures in terms of speed and efficieny!

mr_pikachu
9th November 2004, 09:10 AM
I've actually thought Gilford could be very useful because of the previously mentioned ban lists. And it's true that it's slower than the 4-stars, but I'd take it over a lone Blue Eyes in a deck anyway. (That's what I used to play, actually. Yes, I know, it's sad.) If you want a good choice for a powerful 2-tribute, Gilford trumps Blue Eyes just because of the possibility of using that effect as well.

And there are other monsters that work like Momonga as well... Giant Germ and... that one rat card... are another... *can't remember the name* And yes, cards used for two tributes would work brilliantly with this. :yes:

Orion
9th November 2004, 01:28 PM
Kaiser Sea Horse + Any other Monster + Gilford in hand = gg. You get the effect with only two tributes.

Overall, Gilford is a good Pseudo-Raigeki. The fastest one actually out of Burst Stream and Zerato. It's one use and only works when Tribute Summoned, but it doesn't has requierments like Zerato, or drawbacks like Burst tream. Plus, it fits with Warriors, that can swarm the field. It's easy to Summon frequently, and even more Post-Ban. I've battled him, and he's powerful. Being Light, fits Warrior-Chaos too.A great card, really. Hopefully it comes out soon. I give it 8/10

SWAMPERT1
9th November 2004, 06:29 PM
Orion how would it fit in a Chaos Deck? I know its a light but...
Your right though that it can be great in a warrior deck.

Dark-San
9th November 2004, 06:56 PM
Being Light, fits Warrior-Chaos too.A great card, really. Hopefully it comes out soon. I give it 8/10

Try it! Doesn't like it at all! Yes though being a light type, it doesn't goes on as smoothly as you expected it to be in Chaos Deck due to a reason that it is a tribute creature. I rather choose my regular Dimensional Warrior Girl and Blade Knight over this card.

Jayzorblade
19th November 2004, 12:57 PM
It's pretty simple to get 3 monsters into play in the meta game. My undead usually pulls out 3 Curse Of Vampires and they hang around the whole duel if they're not removed.

There's also token monsters like Gold Pagen Doll, Devil & Zoma which can be sacrificed to play it.

I personally don't like the card. I used to have a deck built around it a long ago, but times move on and better things are released. Also I try not to let my opponant gain field control~

It doesn't work in a Chaos deck due to Chaos relying on monsters in the Grave and Gilford needing monsters on the field.