PDA

View Full Version : Last Exile

Roarkiller
9th November 2004, 08:58 AM
Actually, i finished watching it a few days ago, but meh.

Best point of the animation is its CG, which i'll have to say is top notch, a refreshing change from the 3rd grade 3D CGI u see often these days.

Okay, the real deal, storyline and plot. Starting, everything went great. The plot looked good, the storyline decent. Midway, story gets a bit predictable (but then they all do), but interesting enough to keep you watching. The ending, however, is a little haywire, like as though they producers wanted it to end pronto.

Overall, the flow was smooth. The flashbacks of Claus and Lavie's past mixed with the desert scene is a real piece of work, and the split second pauses switching between flashbacks and the present time is simply perfect. Musicwise, i didnt really like the opening. Ending was digestible, but i only truly enjoyed the 1st few seconds before the singing started (i love the sequence).

I admit its a lot better than the usual anime fare out there, definitely of a much higher standard. But i give points more for its uniqueness that really makes it stand out tho. Not the best, but somehow i cant think of any anime i can compare it to right now.

Razola
9th November 2004, 12:11 PM
I actually thought the CG was crappy and took away from the whole experience. Too simplistic and not subtle enough.

It's definitely good though, and was lucky enought to get a competent dub.