PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

Subliminal Seranade
9th November 2004, 10:18 AM
Ok, heres the rundown. About 6 months ago someone left a laptop at my job and it had a number on it. I called the number and asked for the person who's name was on it but that person was on vacation. So I called back in a week and the number was disconnected. So now I think I should just keep it. But I can't log in to it. So I want someone to help me break in to it. It's running Windows 2000 Professional.

someone please help me.

Chris
9th November 2004, 12:14 PM
I have immense trouble in believing this story.

kainashi
9th November 2004, 12:19 PM
save yourself the trouble and reformat it. :yes:

Subliminal Seranade
9th November 2004, 12:21 PM
I have immense trouble in believing this story.

Why is that?

save yourself the trouble and reformat it. :yes:

How would I go about doing so?

Chris
9th November 2004, 12:39 PM
Why is that?

Maybe it's just me being skeptical, but the number of times I've heard the stories regarding "I've lost my admin password/bought a second-hand laptop/got a friend who forgot all of his passwords/need to desperately retrieve a file from the college computers and need to break in" are too numerous so I've built up an immunity to them. It also didn't really help when you used the phrase "break into" either. I'm sorry if this is genuine though.

Do what kainashi said, and reformat the hard drive by booting from a DOS boot disk (or similar alternatives) and typing "format c:". It'll get rid of everything on the hard drive and let you make a nice clean start. :)

Subliminal Seranade
9th November 2004, 12:49 PM
Maybe it's just me being skeptical, but the number of times I've heard the stories regarding "I've lost my admin password/bought a second-hand laptop/got a friend who forgot all of his passwords/need to desperately retrieve a file from the college computers and need to break in" are too numerous so I've built up an immunity to them. It also didn't really help when you used the phrase "break into" either. I'm sorry if this is genuine though.

Do what kainashi said, and reformat the hard drive by booting from a DOS boot disk (or similar alternatives) and typing "format c:". It'll get rid of everything on the hard drive and let you make a nice clean start. :)

Thanx guys, and yes it's genuine and apology accepted. I'll try that and hope it works.

Subliminal Seranade
9th November 2004, 01:19 PM
How would I boot the disk? I'm like a computer imbecile (sp) so could you kinda like walk me through it?

Chris
9th November 2004, 01:39 PM
Put the disk in and reboot.

RedStarWarrior
9th November 2004, 08:09 PM
Also, don't double post.