PDA

View Full Version : Arcanaine help.

Sceptile_Master
9th November 2004, 11:45 AM
Right then I am deciding to have an Arcanaine on my fire red team. Cann anyone suggest a moveset, nature, item and ev layout please.

andyizcool
9th November 2004, 12:17 PM
Arcanine@Salac Berry/Liechi Berry/Leftovers
Howl
Fire Blast
HP Fighting
Extremespeed

Personality: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

I used this Arcanine as a Physical Sweeper and it works well because you can Howl up and then have Extremespeed for power. Fire Blast gains STAB and can be powered up if you have Flash Fire and switch in when you get hit by a Fire attack.

rinku
9th November 2004, 04:03 PM
Dunno about Howl, since it's only a single stage booster. I reckon there'd be better options. What about:

Roar/Fire Spin (to trap for Dig)
Extremespeed
Dig/HP Ground
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat

A Brave nature might be worth considering, since both Roar and Extremespeed pretty much ignore speed. And a slower pokémon with Extremespeed can pull off the double dipping effect by attacking last on one turn and first on the following one (before they get a chance to use a recovery move).

Trapping with Fire Spin and using Dig is also a valid tactic. Moves like Dig, Dive and Fly work well with damage trapping moves.

Sceptile_Master
9th November 2004, 04:32 PM
I still can't decide. :ssj:

Note: I am not saying its your fault I am just trying to use a more moxed moveset (mixed sweeper if possible.)