PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the....

Sceptile_Master
10th November 2004, 12:05 PM
What's with all the yu-gi-oh fan fics. I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, but considering that there is mabye even more yu-gi-oh fan fics than pokemon ones.

Ps: I asked this because it is apokemon site.

Pss: No offense though I'm sure the fan fics are brill.

Pichu
10th November 2004, 12:30 PM
ROFL. I never knew that actually, cuz I never look at fanfics. :rotfl:

Music Dragon
10th November 2004, 01:11 PM
Maybe... Because Yu-Gi-Oh fans are more common?

Maybe... Because the writers like Yu-Gi-Oh more?

Maybe... Because it's easier to write about Yu-Gi-Oh?

Maybe... Because you can't count?

Who knows?

Amethyst Flygon
10th November 2004, 01:18 PM
A lot of people here don't have an interest in pokemon anymore or it has subsided over time. Some stay here just because they have a good time here. People can like both as well. Don't expect everyone here to be a fan.

ryandude713
10th November 2004, 01:43 PM
its easier to write about people playing a card game because you can literally just write up a match you had with a friend. with pokemon its harder because you actually have to have original ideas to get attention.

Sceptile_Master
10th November 2004, 02:01 PM
Of course I can count Music dragon it is just those stories that keep popping up at the top of the list. that is what I meant.

Kiara
10th November 2004, 02:20 PM
This is just my thought, but maybe Yu-Gi-Oh right now is more popular? I mean I love ygo and pokemon, I watch pokemon sometimes, maybe just during the weekdays, but I watch YGO all the time. Sometimes people who sign up for this site, or other pokemon sites, love ygo, but like pokemon as well? (But that might just be me XP)

I also write Fan Fictions about different things. Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Inuyasha, and also games, Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9. I am working on another ygo one right now.

Ninetales3001
10th November 2004, 02:38 PM
It's 'cause You-Gay-Hoe is the newest fad, and people feel they must write poorly written fanfics based on what they follow. *shrugs* What I would like to ask is why must people write things based on fads instead of writing original pieces of work? O_o;;

Sceptile_Master
10th November 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm writing an original piece called haethen. the first chapter is in the fan fics section.

RedStarWarrior
10th November 2004, 05:35 PM
Moving to where it goes (I think).

The Decapitated Mole
10th November 2004, 06:24 PM
Yeeeah... it might be wise to actually check into something like this before posting a topic claiming something like YGO [which I happen to hate] fics are more common here than Pokémon. Thanks for glancing at the 'latest forum post' every once in a while, though.

o_0
jimm

PancaKe
10th November 2004, 07:48 PM
There arent necesarily MORE. There is just a significant amount rising. That be all. ^.^

mr_pikachu
10th November 2004, 11:27 PM
A lot of it is that Venusaur updates his YGO fanfic extremely frequently. But really, there are still quite a few more Pokemon fanfics than YGO ones. I can only think of three or four that are even running right now, actually, and two of those haven't has updates in quite awhile.

There are some YGO-style fanfics, but not nearly enough to outnumber the Pokemon ones. I must admit, though, it is interesting that there are more than one or two. When you think about it, though, those writers have also written/are writing Pokemon fanfics, as well. It's just that they're currently focusing on the YGO world. That's all.

mistysakura
11th November 2004, 03:28 AM
Nah, definitely, definitely more Pokemon fics. Although they are definitely on the rise, as mr_pikachu said, it's also got to do with the frequency of updating (i.e. people like Venusaur...) I also tend to notice that Yu-Gi-Oh fics appear and disappear more quickly than Pokemon ones, for some reason. Anyway, Yu-Gi-Oh's the trend, and since Fanfic welcomes fanfiction, original fiction and non-fiction (sounds like the forum needs a name change, doesn't it?), there they are.

By the way, disagree with ryandude; a game you played doesn't count as a good story. A fic has to have more than that. I mean, according to the same theory, you could just write up a Pokemon TCG game and call it a fic. But no... Yu-Gi-Oh fics, like all other fics, need plots, description, and all that stuff.

P.S. Sceptile_Master, I know that you were debating against Ninetales' point of no original fiction, but that post about your fic got mighty close to advertising.