PDA

View Full Version : ZeN vs RaZoR LeAf (Ref: TML)

ZeN
10th November 2004, 12:35 PM
ok..how to go about this..

2 on 2
This may sound weird but when a ref is found can we just PM our first choices and first attacks. Makes it interesting when noone has a blatant advantage or a chance to plan. ^_^ But its up to you.

DQ Time: 3 Days

Location-Hmm..some place new and unique..umm..I got it! Stonehenge! Woo..weird rock formations on a grassy plain, sweet. The formations can be knocked over and we battle in the center.

I'd like agree to Ban the attacks Subsitute, and Rest..but again..your choice.

Any takers?

RaZoR LeAf
10th November 2004, 02:22 PM
I'll accept your challenge

And I accept the PMing pokemon to the ref, but not attacks. Just choose who attacks first and we'll be fine. Also agreeing with the move bans (Rest/Sub)

The_Missing_Link
10th November 2004, 03:08 PM
Me = ref. I need to ref something badly

ZeN
10th November 2004, 03:55 PM
Ok..now I'm confused..lol..I made the rules and now i don't understnad..lol..so you wanna PM the pokemon but not there attacks the first round? Cuz that would defeat the process..just wondering?

The_Missing_Link
10th November 2004, 07:02 PM
Ok..now I'm confused..lol..I made the rules and now i don't understnad..lol..so you wanna PM the pokemon but not there attacks the first round? Cuz that would defeat the process..just wondering?

It doesn't defeat the process. Most people choose to PM the Pokemon, but not the attacks because if the attacks are useless against the opposing Pokemon, they'll be pissed and feel cheated (even though they don't know what they're attacking). Like RL said, PM the choices to me and choose who'll attack first

ZeN
10th November 2004, 11:47 PM
I've PM'ed and Razor Leaf will attack 1st. Sorry to be confusing..even know I was the only 1 confused..=P.

The_Missing_Link
11th November 2004, 06:09 PM
RL is using Haf, the male Torchic and ZeN will use Forge, a male Growlithe

RaZoR LeAf
12th November 2004, 12:43 PM
Two fire pokemon, what a turn out, lol.

OK Haf, lets use Aerial Ace, Body Slam and Strength.

ZeN
12th November 2004, 04:42 PM
Amazing indeed..Ok Forge, Roar, and then Take Down. Finsh with Agility.

ZeN
15th November 2004, 10:32 PM
Hmm..just a bump ..a small reminder.

The_Missing_Link
15th November 2004, 10:46 PM
Hmm..just a bump ..a small reminder.

A reminder that bumps piss me off tremendously. Don't do it again, or I'll delete the post and purposely ignore you. And yes, I can be that bitchy

ZeN
15th November 2004, 10:49 PM
Sure.

The_Missing_Link
16th November 2004, 06:00 PM
Round 1

Haf:100%
Aerial Ace~Body Slam~Strength

Forge:100%
Roar~Take Down~Agility

In the ancient and mysterious Stonehenge, the battle between Haf and Forge begin. Unable to fly, Haf starts to run at Forge, tiny wings stretched out and glowing. With a smirk on his face, the Growlithe emits a yell that would normally come from an Arcanine but somehow manages to produce it as its unevolved form. Thoroughly startled by the loud noise, Haf stops in mid-run and falls over onto his face, trying to block out the sound.

Only when he stops does the young fowl get up, rather perturbed. He begins running again, only this time to slam the Growlithe into the ground. Forge is thinking along the same lines and also runs head-on into Haf. The result isn't a pretty one as Forge easily bowls Haf over, making him fly into the air and then eventually slam into one of the standing stones, although with not enough force to knock it down. Almost eight times his weight, it was an easy feat for Forge to knock Haf down but not without some reprocussions, due to his powerful attack.

Slowly picking himself up from off the ground, Haf winces from the bruises covering his body. Walking up to a rock twice its height and weight, Haf is somehow able to pick it up, albeit wincing from using his muscles. Unfortunately (or fortunately), Forge is running circles in the arena, which would make Haf's toss quite pointless. So with an inward sigh of relief and pained expression outwards, Haf is forced to let the rock drop and nurse his wounds instead:

Haf:86% Bruised
Forge:95% A bit hyper, mildly tired

ZeN
16th November 2004, 11:46 PM
Quickly Dragon Breath, then Safegaurd. Finsh with Swagger.

RaZoR LeAf
17th November 2004, 01:25 PM
OK Haf, the last round was a bit off, buts lets do better this round. Use Dig to avoid that Dragon BReath and hit Forge from beneath. Then, Mirror Move and copy his Safe Guard. FInish with a Quick Attack

The_Missing_Link
29th November 2004, 09:40 PM
Oh good god, I thought ZeN didn't post at all. Sorry about that :heh: I'll ref tomorrow

The_Missing_Link
30th November 2004, 05:50 PM
Round 2

Haf:86% Bruised
Dig~Mirror Move~Quick Attack

Forge:95% A bit hyper, mildly tired
Dragonbreath~Safeguard~Swagger

Taking a deep breath, Haf sets to work on digging a hole in the ground to escape whatever Forge is planning. And it's a rather simple one at that - just hurt Haf. Releasing a greenish flame from his mouth, the dragon fire hits Haf as he's three-quarters of the way underneath but despite the pain, he doesn't stop his task and goes underground. Unable to sense where Haf where, Forge waits in nervous silence before the Torchic pops up and slams the Growlithe into the air. Thrashing around wildly, Forge unfortunately doesn't have the grace of a feline and falls flat on his stomach, moaning in pain.

Staggering to his feet, Forge stares at Haf, who glares right back at him. Snorting in contempt, the fire canine produces a ring of faint stars that revolve around him, protecting him from any nasty burns or other status ailments. Cheeping in pleasure, Haf concentrates and a mirror appears out of nowhere, right in front of its creator. As Forge stares at it, he can only see faint stars revolving and when it disappears, he can still see the stars, only this time around Haf.

Angered by this sudden development, Forge tries his hand at insulting Haf as much as possible. Unfortunately, the status guard prevents Haf from being driven into a blind rage and getting confused and can hear nothing of what his opponent is saying. Shortly after, he pushes off from the ground with his legs and hurls into Forge, knocking him to the ground from the sheer force of the attack. It appears the tables have turned on the Growlithe but can he find a way to fight back?

Haf:80% Pleased, safeguard up (2 rounds)
Forge:82% Angered, safeguard up (2 rounds)

RaZoR LeAf
1st December 2004, 04:28 PM
OK Haf, lets take things up a gear. Swords Dance, Double Edge and Return

ZeN
2nd December 2004, 01:05 AM
Double Team, followed by Agility. Attack with Facade

The_Missing_Link
11th December 2004, 04:16 PM
Round 3

Haf:80% Pleased, safeguard up (2 rounds)
Swords Dance~Double Edge~Return

Forge:82% Angered, safeguard up (2 rounds)
Double Team~Agility~Facade

Trying to put the past round out of his mind, Forge instead focuses on creating mirror images and spreads them all around Haf, encircling him. The little chick doesn't despair though and preps himself for an attack by twirling in a circle, wings drawn in.

As soon as he comes to a halt, he sees Forge and his clones move around him at a ridiculously fast pace, making him dizzy. He can't give up though and hurls himself at a random Growlithe, body outlined in green. He pushes into one but it turns out to be a clone and Haf just falls flat on his face.

Feeling quite embarrassed, Haf picks himself up and turns around to see the Growlithes merge into one and attack him as fiercely as he can. The two go down in a tumble and the whole battle turns into one big physical fight, trying to peck/bite each other's eyes out. Both detach after a minute or so and each are breathing heavily after the sudden altercation. Both are covered in scratch marks and light bleeding is leaking through. For the moment, both Pokemon remain sitting on the ground but the battle is nowhere from over:

Haf:65% Safeguard up (1 round), roughed up
Forge:67% Safeguard up (1 round), roughed up

ZeN
11th December 2004, 04:49 PM
Let's go for the jugglar, Crunch. Smash him into the stone with Iron Tail, and feed him some more dragon energy, Dragon Rage.

RaZoR LeAf
12th December 2004, 02:29 PM
When he comes in for the Crunch, go for a Reversal. Counter the Iron Tail, then try and drown out the Dragon Rage with a Fire Blast

The_Missing_Link
25th December 2004, 07:39 PM
Round 4

Haf:65% Safeguard up (1 round), roughed up
Reversal~Counter~Fire Blast

Forge:67% Safeguard up (1 round), roughed up
Crunch~Iron Tail~Dragon Rage

Struggling to get up, Forge breathes through his nose as Haf rises, also breathing heavily. Doggedly, Forge lunges towards the little chicken, fangs bared. Trying to get in at the jugular, Haf twists his head and raises a wing. Biting that instead, another struggle ensues, Haf crying out from a wounded wing and pouring fire over Forge while the Growlithe struggles to hang on. It's a rather messy affair but doesn't last long considering how tired both of them are. They soon break away again, no clear winner at the moment.

Again ordered to physically attack Haf, Forge jumps at the Torchic with a glowing tail and swings it around. Trying to defend himself, Haf manages to produce a meager barrier against the attack but pressure breaks his concentration and flies backwards from the sheer force of the blow.

Continuing on a attack-filled high, Forge takes a few deep breaths before releasing greenish flames, almost like a fire attack but not. Raising his head after landing on the ground, Haf peers at the incoming attack and somehow produces a full sized fire blast, heading at the green flames. The two battle it out while the Pokemon concentrate intently, but it becomes a stalemate and the attacks combine and explode, blowing both of them backwards. It's still a tight race as the safeguards disappear from both Pokemon but without some time to rest, it looks like both of them will be knocked out from sheer exhaustion instead of attacks:

Haf:41% Exhausted
Forge:49% Exhausted

RaZoR LeAf
28th December 2004, 12:55 PM
Haf, endure all anything Forge throws at you, or relax when he's not attacking.

ZeN
29th December 2004, 12:22 AM
Endure..hmm..Toxic since he's gonna be nice enough and wait for it. Blind the chick with Mud Slap and Double Edge.

The_Missing_Link
8th January 2005, 08:31 PM
Round 5

Haf:41% Exhausted
Endure/Rest

Toxic~Mud Slap~Double Edge

Taking a semi-rest for the round, Haf crouches to the ground and bends his head down. A blue glow surrounds him, which prevents him from being knocked out if anything should happen. It doesn't prevent him from taking full blows though and is bombarded by a purplish blob of poison. Although disgusted, Haf barely flinches and lets the poison sink into his body and further into his bloodstream.

As Haf continues to go on the defensive, Forge is given the orders to blind the Torchic with a "Mud Slap". The Growlithe curiously looks at his trainer in confusion, as he doesn't know that attack and can't perform it. The only upside to this dilemma is that it gives him a few moments to take a breather and regain some energy.

Somewhat bored, Haf brings his head up to look at Forge but is soon flying as the fire dog smashes into him, outlined in green. Again, the little fowl flies into a stone and slowly crumbles to the ground, feeling like hell but its the fledging poison that makes him double in pain. Forge meanwhile has slumped to the ground, still exhausted and feeling his energy leave him:

Haf:27% Poisoned (4% next round), roughed up but feels better

ZeN
10th January 2005, 08:30 PM
Thats the last time I'm to lazy to check a Pokedex and go on instincts =P...wear him down Dragon Breath x3.

RaZoR LeAf
11th January 2005, 08:20 AM
Haf, Dig underground and stay there to avoid the attacks and take a break. Hopefully he'lll wear himself out attacking non-stop like that.

The_Missing_Link
21st January 2005, 11:43 AM
Round 6

Haf:27% Poisoned (4% next round), roughed up but feels better
Endure/Rest

Toxic~Mud Slap~Double Edge

Exahusted as he is, Forge tries to summon green flames at Haf but can't and collaspes. Meanwhile the little Torchic digs underground to escape any harm and the rest of the round consists of waiting on Haf's part and shallow breathing and useless attacking from Forge, who's only hurting himself:

Haf:23% Poisoned (8% next round)
Forge:49% Very out of it

RaZoR LeAf
21st January 2005, 03:55 PM
Haf, relax for the whole round again, if you see Forge coming near the hole above you, use Flame Thrower

RaZoR LeAf
7th February 2005, 03:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that 3 days DQ time has passed on this. Not quite sure on the points I get from it though.

ZeN
7th February 2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah..I kinda lost interest..so it's yours..