PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a tablet... and guess what. I can't do anything with it ;_;

Azura Stardust
27th February 2003, 06:26 AM
Ok well first off

YAY!!! I FINALLY GOT A TABLET!!!! WOOHOOOO!!! ^____^ (For those who don't know, a tablet is like a drawing... a drawing tablet connected to a computer. It's like this pad you draw on...) Anyway, I saved up 99$ for it... I went without recess for a month and a half... and didn't use a CENT of my pocket money on anything else.

Anyway, I finally got it - I couldn't find any Wacoms, in fact I could hardly find any tablets! There were only 3 stores... one had a wireless one going for 89$, but it was SOLD OUT ;_; There was another large 168$ one... but I didn't have that much. The other two stores sold the same kind of tablet: a 6 inch by 4.5 inch Aiptek tablet. At first I thought "meh its one of those cheapo taiwan crap" but actually, it works REALLY well.

I decided to test it out, and BOY do I not know how to use it. I've NEVER used a tablet before, though I've seen one - ONCE, my friend's Wacom...

So I decided to mess around with it in photoshop, and I timed myself, in about 30 minutes I came up with this mess. :( It's attached...

So what do you think of my first try at a tablet? And just to throw in a pollishness: do you own a tablet, and what are your experiances with it? :)

(By the way, I've never gone for any art class or other shizamajig, so I have NO idea what techniques to use other than technical photoshop ones. :x)

(And my fingers HURT like hell x_x; )

[attachment deleted by admin]

Arctic A
27th February 2003, 08:09 AM
First off, the Picture ain't that bad. Her eye seems a bit displaced, if ya know what i mean. But it's better than anything I could do. Which isn't saying much. I'm ok at drawing, but coloring anything on a computer really kills me....I'll shut up now. And no, i don't own a Tablet...I've been thinking about getting one but I really want to try one first, before i go and spend £100 on anything. Meh. I just reckon you should practice with it, and before long you'll be producing some really kickass stuff. ;)

MoonLight
27th February 2003, 11:33 AM
Hey that's really good for your first time using one well i never use one of them befour i draw using a mouse and i heard Tablets
can be very hard to use but Great job!!

nightcrow
27th February 2003, 12:55 PM
I love tablets! It makes computer drawing so much easier and quicker - especially for me since I'm left handed (it's hard to mouse with your right hand! X_x). My tablet kinda broke in November, so I have to deal without it until I can buy a new one. I can't wait to get a new one. :\

They're really hard to get used to at first, because you have to learn how to hold it and how much pressure produces what effect, etc.. but after that it's a real peice of cake :)

good luck!

Azura Stardust
28th February 2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Dashira
I love tablets! It makes computer drawing so much easier and quicker - especially for me since I'm left handed (it's hard to mouse with your right hand! X_x). My tablet kinda broke in November, so I have to deal without it until I can buy a new one. I can't wait to get a new one. :\

They're really hard to get used to at first, because you have to learn how to hold it and how much pressure produces what effect, etc.. but after that it's a real peice of cake :)

good luck!

Indeed - after using a puny mouse for SO long, a tablet is like, OMFG.

How did yours break? :( My friend who has a tablet said hers broke a lot and I'm itching to know how because I'm afraid of breaking mine.

Azura Stardust
28th February 2003, 05:43 AM
deeeeee x___X;;

well, I just did the 2nd ever picture I've ever done with a tablet in my entire friggin puny life! woot!

K anyway, it's... SUPPOSED to be a picture of RapidashRider, and I did it because I didn't know what else to draw! Oh yesh, and for people who actually look at the pictures, she's supposed to be wearing specs but I pretended that she wore contacts. And I don't think she really looks like that, but... bleh. Anyway, this kind of is for B, B hope you enjoy it. :)

I must say though, it looks rather... average. The neck is too thin and the cloak colouring is just unacceptable ;_; now that I have a tablet, I have to raise my standards... a lot. Bah.

Do you like it? :)

Oh for the sake of magicrap. Stupid thing won't let me attach.... BAH, then I have to make it an EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL JPG and put it on yahoo. >:\ I badly need a place that hosts pngs...

*digs for URL*

OOk, I think it's this (http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/vwp?.dir=/stardust+.+pictures&.src=ph&.dnm=RapidashRider..jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/lst%3f%26.dir=/stardust%2b.%2bpictures%26.src=ph%26.view=t)... if that doesn't work, log into http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/azurastardust/ and go into stardust.pictures and look for the last pic.

espreon
28th February 2003, 09:47 AM
whats a tablet ?
kids these days :P

when i was ur age all we had was a pencil
and some colors... and photoshop meeeh

nightcrow
28th February 2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Indeed - after using a puny mouse for SO long, a tablet is like, OMFG.

How did yours break? :( My friend who has a tablet said hers broke a lot and I'm itching to know how because I'm afraid of breaking mine.

I think I dropped it a few too many times XP It's was a 9 x 11, so it was huge.. I had to use it on my lap. So when I'd move, it'd go *splat* O_o;

KRDC 03
28th February 2003, 05:08 PM
Ok... then me get this perfectly correct:

You got a new tablet. You drew a wonderful picture with it, and YOU DON'T THINK ITS GOOD?!?

VV* Girl, you either have lots of earwax, or there is A LOT of great work that your HIDING from us. If you do, I want to see it all. :D

KRDC 03 (so-so artist and so-so writer)

Azura Stardust
28th February 2003, 07:37 PM
Now seriously, I've only drawn 2 pictures with it! Ionly got my tablet on Wednesday. ^_^;;;;;;;; Thanks, anyway.

And B hasn't said anything about that pic I drew >:O evil

soggy_cardboard
28th February 2003, 10:27 PM
well, i like ur writing style :P
just kidding, its cool, i cant draw ppl:D

that pic reminds me of a computer animated cartoon called "cubix" that show is sad.:no:

Azura Stardust
28th February 2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by espreon
whats a tablet ?
kids these days :P

when i was ur age all we had was a pencil
and some colors... and photoshop meeeh

Tablet = a kind of drawing pad conected to the computer. :0 pencil and some colours........ aww :P

And thank you very much soggy. Someday I might get along to doing a patchii- I mean, Spinda.

E_Eevee
1st March 2003, 12:36 AM
*cackles* You think that's bad? You should see me attempting to use mine. It is a wacom, but rather small. I have to make myself practice on the oekaki. Actually, yours are really nice. Keep it up and it'll get better, promise.:D

Azura Stardust
1st March 2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks a lot, E_E ^_^; Yes, I think it's bad. I think if I ever get any better at this thing, it's all because of all of you XP I suck at this stuff! Anyway, I was thinking of doing stuff on the oekaki, but suddenly I'm uber scared of it. Everything is so scary there! I think I'll hide in my Photoshop cacoon for now and improve :P

Lucky you, wacom... mine's small too, 5.88" x 4.38" (And hte liars rounded it off and said it was 6 by 4.5. ;() And lucky lucky you, oh lucky you Ashlea!! ;_; That's so huge and big.... wow... well, mine's pretty small and it VERY VERY BARELY has enough space (we have to stack a WHOLE lot of stuff elsewhere...) so I don't think it's going to break unless I drop the pen. ^_^;;

I wonder how one draws a "zaxy"....

Azura Stardust
1st March 2003, 01:30 AM
Hahe, here's a lame attempt at a "zaxophone".

Zak
1st March 2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Hahe, here's a lame attempt at a "zaxophone".

LOL!

Very...... creative ^_^;; 7/10... keep it up!

~Zak

Azura Stardust
1st March 2003, 04:08 AM
bah ;.; I screwd up on the zaxi cab going at zaximum speed ;.; Bleaaaahhh!!!!! I'm half-watching India vs Pakistan - SUCH A TENSED UP MATCH x-X;;;

Maybe I'll do it again some other time...

By the way, this and zaxophone took about.. eh, 20 minutes each to do. This might have taken 15, come to think of it... the other one I kind of messed up so I had to fix a bit and spent more time...

(does anyone have requests because if they do I've only got tommorrow free.)

Jon UKX
1st March 2003, 02:55 PM
Can you draw me a Hinbasu, Roselia, Vulpix, Nosepass and a cloud with a smiley face and two arms together Articuno and Suicune in Silohette form.

Azura Stardust
1st March 2003, 06:38 PM
O____o;;; Ok, I can do that, but you may have to wait quite a long time as I hardly have time during weekdays.

Azura Stardust
2nd March 2003, 01:00 AM
Why look at that, 2 more crappy pictures, the fist one took 20 minutes, 2nd one took 50 minutes >_< they're both crap though, and STUPID YAHOO COMPRESSED THEM AND SQUASHED THEM AND I HATE JPGS!!!11oneone

If anyone can give me another free picture hosting site.... PLEASE TELL ME I'LL GIVE YOU HOT CHOCOLATE x_X;;

Merelle (http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/vwp?.dir=/stardust+.+pictures&.src=ph&.dnm=Merelle.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/lst%3f%26.dir=/stardust%2b.%2bpictures%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

Er... a girl supposed to be blasting green stuff but JPG compression seriously messsed the pic up. !@#$ JPG. (http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/vwp?.dir=/stardust+.+pictures&.dnm=green.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/vwp%3f.dir=/stardust%2b.%2bpictures%26.dnm=Merelle.jpg%26.src= ph)

I could do so much better *cries* but I'm losing myself... I can't balacne between art, school and online life >_<

Kokomo
6th March 2003, 05:48 PM
gj azura those last 2 pics were pretty good.(i can't draw people at all):yes:
keep it up cause ur pictures keep getting better!:D

Azura Stardust
9th March 2003, 02:35 AM
Thanks a lot, Kokomo! ^_^ I appreciate your support ^_^;;;

Well, I am in a crappy mood. So here are some crappy pics!

There is Groudon wearing a cap and looking extremely stupid (I didn't follow a picture, I'm remembering from memory and I've never drawn groudon before o.o).

And there is a sketch of kaiorga and I am going to get my tablet to get the pressures to work... then I shall try doing a proper picture over that.

Here's kaiorga. Groudon is next up.

Azura Stardust
9th March 2003, 02:58 AM
I want to kill hte vB! It kept hanging ~_~;;;

Death to .jpgs. (http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/vwp?.dir=/stardust+.+pictures&.src=ph&.dnm=lame_groudon.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/lst%3f%26.dir=/stardust%2b.%2bpictures%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

EDIT: I love you Oz! Thank you for lettng me host one of my pics... It's too big to be attached and it's going to be royally screwed up if I post it on yahoo.

But now I've got it on a proper server thing! WOOHOO! ^_^

It's a rather messy looking Kyogre... It got really screwed up, but it's decent enough ^_^ (http://home.iprimus.com.au/ericksen/RSfishie.png)

Reptilius Pyrus
9th March 2003, 10:26 AM
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I gots a request! It's my "char", Serpentia.

Her frame is basically that of a young girl. She is covered in dark purple, almost black, scales. Her eyes are slightly bigger than normal, are yellow, and have slit pupils. Her face is slightly tapered, like a snake's face. She has a forked tongue and venomous fangs. Her hair is black, straight, and goes to about knee-length. She is barefoot, and wears a robe/dress thing made out of woven vines.

I hope that's not too hard... Thankies in advance!

Azura Stardust
13th March 2003, 08:23 AM
*lookut* EGAD! I forgot this topic exist O__O;;;;

Oook...

Jon UKX: I'm REALLY sorry Jon but I don't think I can do your request. I've tried to draw Feebass and all I got was a pile of crap. Could you PLEEEASE ask me to do something else... I hope you weren't offended. I really can't draw so many pokemon at once in one pic. >_<

Reptilius Pyrus: I can draw humans o.k., that pic doesn't sound too difficult. I'll try wangling it over the weekend.

I got a new piccie up, it's Flygon! Whee! It's somewhat decent, but it's a little odd.

As usual it's in an evil jpg mode because I don't have webspace. :(

Go here (http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/vwp?.dir=/stardust+.+pictures&.src=ph&.dnm=flygon.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/azurastardust/lst%3f%26.dir=/stardust%2b.%2bpictures%26.src=ph%26.view=t) and please tell me what you think of it :)

Jon UKX
13th March 2003, 12:36 PM
it's okay, can you instead draw me a Roselia and a Milotic PLEASE.

Scuba.Diving
13th March 2003, 08:28 PM
Ahah! I like that «Saxophone»! :D

I have a Waccom tablet too, but just a little drawing tablet... It's very expensive... :wave:

Azura Stardust
14th March 2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Jon UKX
it's okay, can you instead draw me a Roselia and a Milotic PLEASE.

****ing Weather Cast....

Ok, I can draw that for you. :yes:

Nobody said anything about Flygon :( bah, it's rather jagged anyway, I still can't fully control my tablet :\

edit: I just looked at it myself. By god, it's NOT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THAT. Seriously. I swear. It's supposed to be fuzzier... screw jpgs ~_~ It is NOT an excuse.

Andrew
14th March 2003, 07:52 AM
Hee! I hate flygon along with 70% of the new Pokemon >:P lol But from what I can tell its looking pretty spiffy with its manicured fingernails ready to snatch someones wallet. Your use of colour is good, but I think a differing background than the blue would've been benificial to the piccie, in a different style perhaps. But it looks watercolourish :D

Good work Azura! Can you draw a Mr. Mime with a handbag bitchslapping a Lickitung and a Delibird looking quite concerned ^^; Or nothing at all would do. :D

Trip
15th March 2003, 09:57 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! *loves Flygon*

I like Flygons, I don't know if you knew that or not. Like it much!

- Trip

Azura Stardust
21st March 2003, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone ^_^

Ok, I'm very sorry about the requests (btw, I'm not doing anymore requests because I so absolutely cant :P), they're going at snails-pace... I admit, I've been distracted by so many other things, and my mum locks the computer a lot...

Jon UKX: Ok, do you mind if I drew Roselia and Milotic separately. Firstly Roselia is 0.3 m while Milotic is 6.2m!! You wouldn't be able to see Roselia. Secondly it makes drawing a lot easier, I'm better at drawing individual pokemon :yes: I really really really really really really hope you don't mnd? Thanks ^_^

EDIT:

Yooooosh! I'm so glad! I found a good image hosting site thanks to my ex-classmate Jennifer... brinkster's great, the free one gives you THIRTY MEGS of space and you can get links that dont resize like stupid yahoo...It's really great... I did Milotic, I think its decent enough though I dont like the bottom part, it was far too smudgy and I didnt erase off the outside stuff... and oh, the background sucks, I couldn't be bothered to do a good one x___x I also finished roselia, ok now for htis I'm SO SORRY ITS SO PLAIN!!! I was kind of pooped out doing milotic AND homework at the same time, so I decided to do a Simple style... it doesnt look the best... anyway, hope you like them, I can remove the words if you want for both pics Jon UKX. :)

http://www20.brinkster.com/shoreii/milotic_jukx.png
http://www20.brinkster.com/shoreii/roselia_jukx.png

Enjoi ^^.

EDIT2: Uhoh... I dont think it works exactly... cut and paste the URL if you want it to work

Jon UKX
21st March 2003, 02:41 PM
Great drawings, I love them especially Milotic!:D
thankyouthankyouthankyou.