PDA

View Full Version : Winamp...dead?

Razola
10th November 2004, 09:44 PM
Uh-oh (http://www.betanews.com/article/Death_Knell_Sounds_for_Nullsoft_Winamp/1100111204)

As if we needed another reason to hate AOL. Bastards. If it really is curtains for Winamp, I just hope Sonique can be improved enough to take its place.

RedStarWarrior
10th November 2004, 10:04 PM
Atleast that article contains some good news. AOL is losing members (and money) quickly. Hooray!

kainashi
10th November 2004, 10:24 PM
yeah, i heard about this earlier. it will suck if we indeed do lose winamp. there isn't another media player out there quite like it. foobar2k is one that comes to mind but it doesn't play videos like winamp does. i prefer to watch videos in windows media player, though. let's just hope this isn't the end of the road for winamp.

HavoX
10th November 2004, 10:29 PM
NOOOOOOO

anything but Winamp http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/smilies/tear.gif

Animelee
10th November 2004, 11:09 PM
No doubt someone will come along and make a worthy Winamp replacement. Personally, I only use Winamp for MP3s, but it's still the speediest and most organized music player I've ever come across, that's for sure. If anyone's interested, I use MPlayer Frontend (http://deje.uw.hu/) for videos...

Chris
15th November 2004, 02:18 PM
They can do anything, but they can't take away my Winamp 2.91! 8)

Moonlight Espeon
15th November 2004, 03:53 PM
YAY!
I don't care and I'm not sad about it. Why? Because Winamp 5 sucked. If you leave it open for a while it corrupted my media files so I had to restart before I could listen to them. Skins screwed it up.
Older versions of Winamp are too incompatible for me.
I use Windows Media Player 10, myself. It works fine for me. Perfectly sufficient.
The day (if it ever comes) that AOL goes out of buisness, I will jump for joy and throw a party. =D

Razola
16th November 2004, 01:00 AM
They can do anything, but they can't take away my Winamp 2.91! 8)
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AOL had some sort of evil time machine.

HavoX
17th November 2004, 03:12 PM
uh, guys... Winamp isn't dead. (http://www.winamp.com/about/article.php?aid=10627)

Chris
17th November 2004, 03:34 PM
This isn't going to be closed until everyone has had their chance to comment. Which means never.

I'm glad Winamp isn't dying. It's come too far over the last few years to just wither, in my opinion. Even if Winamp had folded, I hope the team would've made the program open-source so others could continue to develop it.

HavoX
17th November 2004, 05:24 PM
Chris said:
This isn't going to be closed until everyone has had their chance to comment. Which means never.oh okay

Even if Winamp had folded, I hope the team would've made the program open-source so others could continue to develop it.It's not going to happen. Sorry.

Even if Winamp were to cease development, it would still be under license and you'd still have to pay for the Pro version.

HavoX
18th November 2004, 04:42 PM
oh by the way... Version 5.06 has been released.

RedStarWarrior
18th November 2004, 07:09 PM
Way to double post, douchebag. ;) Anyway, I am sure that if the Winamp team was fired, that one of them may be pissed off enough to release the source code. It happened to Gnutella so it can happen to Winamp.

Apathy
12th December 2004, 05:37 AM
If that winamp glitch is true, someone should just go and find the code from the creators computers and change 10% of it.

Chris
12th December 2004, 02:22 PM
If that winamp glitch is true, someone should just go and find the code from the creators computers and change 10% of it.

Good luck with that...

Lezta
15th December 2004, 02:42 AM
I haven't used winamp in years, so meh.

RedStarWarrior
15th December 2004, 03:04 AM
Wow. You don't read, do you, Lezta? It doesn't matter at all whether you use WinAmp or not as the rumor was proven to be false.

Lezta
15th December 2004, 04:02 AM
Actually, I do read. The 'meh' was a general indifference as to whether the rumour was true or not. :P

ryandude713
15th December 2004, 03:05 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AOL had some sort of evil time machine.
why do u think it's called AOL-TIME Warner