PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem

Roarkiller
11th November 2004, 06:08 AM
Juz a little smthng i decided to come up with.

Pkmn(21)
3 TR sneasel ex
3 EXTR sentret
3 EXTR furret
3 dunsparce
4 zubat
2 dark golbat
3 dark crobat

Trainers(25)
3 POR
3 steven
3 TVR
3 celio
3 candy
3 briney
2 life herb
3 TR hideout
2 tricky gym

4 dark
3 dark metal
3 multi
5 grass

Simple strategy. Load up the bench with dark pkmn and sneasel can go on a rampage (30 + 60 + 10/20 = 100/110). Dark ring sez add 10 for each of my dark pkmn in play, and since sneasel itself is a dark type, it automatically does 40, plus 2 dark, 60. Crobat for the annoyance factor since it does auto poison and cleans up the near-dead bench.

Btw, i suddenly remembered that i didnt include warp point. Suggestions?

SecretSmeargle
11th November 2004, 05:29 PM
Hi Roarkiller

I dont think you need 5 gyms, and 5 healing cards. I think you should get rid of 2 life herbs, put in two warp points. Go 2 hideouts, 1 tricky, and put in 2 Seekers. I can't really see anything else to change atm though.

Btw, have you done any testing with this deck? How smoothly is it working at the moment? You could put in streangth charms or R energy for a quick, powerful strike. I'm not sure about furrets.

Anyways.. bills<=>Tv Copycat<=> oaks rocket balls<=> celios are always options too.

Roarkiller
12th November 2004, 06:11 AM
Hi Roarkiller

I dont think you need 5 gyms, and 5 healing cards. I think you should get rid of 2 life herbs, put in two warp points. Go 2 hideouts, 1 tricky, and put in 2 Seekers. I can't really see anything else to change atm though.

Btw, have you done any testing with this deck? How smoothly is it working at the moment? You could put in streangth charms or R energy for a quick, powerful strike. I'm not sure about furrets.

Anyways.. bills<=>Tv Copycat<=> oaks rocket balls<=> celios are always options too.

I dont have 5 healing, and tricky gym is more for 'if' situations. Dont see wy i should have fire energy either, and strength charm won't work in this format. And i doubt modified has bill.

And no, i havent played with the deck either, its juz an idea im playing with at the moment.

Alec Trevelyan
12th November 2004, 09:09 AM
maybe you could switch sentret line to steelix line... hmmm, dunno, i'm still thinking more about this set... but DK steelix/R. sneasel EX looks fine for me, maybe i'll go build this deck

SecretSmeargle
12th November 2004, 03:41 PM
I dont have 5 healing, and tricky gym is more for 'if' situations. Dont see wy i should have fire energy either, and strength charm won't work in this format. And i doubt modified has bill.

I was refering to 3 briney + 2 life herbs as 5 healing, because I count briney as a healing card. I still dont think you need trickey gym. Remember, Dark Golbat and crobat can hit anyone for 30, and R. Sneasel can drag off.

Also, 'R-Energy' is the double dark energy from RR, It has to be discarded at the end of the turn, can only be attached to dark/rocket's pokemon, counts as two dark energy, and adds 10 dmg.

Bill is short for bills maintenance in modified (well i just say bill anyway) Just like oaks means oak's sesearch, not prof oak.
I like to have 1 or 2 strength charms in my deck as a surprise element, but if you dont want to use them you dont have to.

Roarkiller
13th November 2004, 01:25 AM
I was refering to 3 briney + 2 life herbs as 5 healing, because I count briney as a healing card. I still dont think you need trickey gym. Remember, Dark Golbat and crobat can hit anyone for 30, and R. Sneasel can drag off.

Also, 'R-Energy' is the double dark energy from RR, It has to be discarded at the end of the turn, can only be attached to dark/rocket's pokemon, counts as two dark energy, and adds 10 dmg.

Bill is short for bills maintenance in modified (well i just say bill anyway) Just like oaks means oak's sesearch, not prof oak.
I like to have 1 or 2 strength charms in my deck as a surprise element, but if you dont want to use them you dont have to.

Excuse us for not using the same lingo as u, but oak's research is referred to as POR here, not as oak, since some of us still play unlimited. And briney aint juz a healing card.

Tricky gym is there for dry spells, tho im most prolly juz being paranoid. Bill's maintenance, to me, is a lesser draw card; there r tons of other much better drawing cards. Strength charm works good, yes, but it juz doesnt fit in this deck.

I'll do this:

-2 tricky
-1 multi
-1 dunsparce

+1 dark corbat
+1 grass (forgot bout multi's downside)
+2 warp point

SecretSmeargle
13th November 2004, 02:16 AM
I'm sorry if I didn't use the right worlds then. I usually write POR for Professor Oak's research too, I wrote down bills and oaks cause i was in a hurry, and I was just posted to explain what I wrote because it wasn't interpreted how I thought it would be.

ANYWAYS... I'd probably play something like this.

Pokemon:21
3 Rocket's Sneasel ex
4 Dunsparce
3 Dark Crobat
2 Dark Golbat
4 Zubat
2 Pidgeot
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgey

Trainers:23
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
3 Celio's Network
3 Professor Oak's Research
1 Pokémon Retriever
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
3 TV Reporter
2 Warp Point
2 Rocket's Hideout

Energy:16
4 Darkness Energy
2 Dark Metal Energy
8 Grass Energy
2 R Energy

I took out furret for pidgeot because I think it'll run better. Once you're set up, which wont take long since D.Crobat only needs 2 energy to attack, pidgeot will offer much more than furret, and helps a lot to swarm, which is what you're going for ( I think ).

Pokemon retrieval along with pidgeot ensures you'll be swarming most/all of the time.

I put in 'R Energy' so you can use sneasel in quick unexpected blows if you want to, and it doesn't take as long to set up.

I thought you needed a bit more energy, so I took out life herbs and put in some more. I dont really think multi's are needed because you'll hardly ever need them. The only use they have over grass energy is that sneasel can use it with it's first attack.

hope I helped.

Btw. The deck you posted first off has 61 cards in it.

Roarkiller
13th November 2004, 09:09 AM
Furret's a better hitter, and can get me 3 of any cards, plus sentret is a good early searcher (hence the removal of one dunsparce). In any case, dunsparce is only good in the 1st few turns, after which it becomes obsolete, especially in this deck where id prefer to have my bench filled with dark types.

I did thought of using R energy, but quick blows don't cut it for sneasel, which is built more for repeated blows. Unlike sceptile or wiggly, sneasel's 1st attack can't cover for the loss of the R-energy later.

But thx for the feedback anyway.

On a side note, is there any other healing cards other than potion that i can use to heal EX pkmn? Cuz crobat can heal by itself, but sneasel unfortunately can't be healed by any cards in the deck, and its the main attacker here.

Also, if anyone's looking for a reference on further tweaking this deck, have a look at the deck of hell and u'll know how it runs basically. Crobat is murkrow/chansey sub, while furret is chansey/cleffa sub.