PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Explosion onto Exeggcute

CAMountainSnake
11th November 2004, 01:47 PM
How is that ohter Pokemon are able to breed Move Tutor moves, but Exeggcute cannot have Explosion bred on? I've even read in FAQ's that all moves under the Egg, Learned, TM/HM, and learned moves can be bred on. So why can't my Shiftry gve Explosion to an Exeggcute?!

Orion
11th November 2004, 01:57 PM
Move Tutor Moves CAN'T be passed on by Breeding, UNLESS the Pokemon offspring has this Move Tutor Move on its Egg Moves. Like if you breed a male Aggron that learnt Rock Slide via Move Tutor with a female Rhyhorn. But things like breeding Substitute on any compatible Male and Female Pokemon won't work unless the female has Substitute on its Egg moves.

If you want an Exploding Exeggutor, teach it to him with the Move Tutor at Mt. Ember on FR/LG. It's the ONLY way you'll get Explosion on Exeggutor. Explosion is not an Egg move of it.

Sceptile_Master
11th November 2004, 02:21 PM
It can be learned by level you know.

CAMountainSnake
11th November 2004, 06:45 PM
Exeggutor can learn Exploson by Level-Up? How do you figure?

Orion
11th November 2004, 07:16 PM
That's just wrong. The only way for Exeggutor to learn Explosion is via the Move Tutors in FR/LG/Emerald. There's NO other way.

mr_pikachu
11th November 2004, 07:53 PM
I think Orion is right. The line can learn it via TM47 in RBY, but that can't transfer to the RSEFrLg generation. And it can't learn it by level up in any of the games, unless I'm missing something absolutely huge here.

rinku
11th November 2004, 08:12 PM
In case you hadn't realised, the FRLG Move tutors are mainly there to provide moves that used to be TMs in Red & Blue.

Nothing I've seen suggests Exeggcute or Exeggutor can learn Explosion by level up or egg move.

Sceptile_Master
12th November 2004, 11:37 AM
I didn't say that exeggutor can learn it by level up. it can't but other grass pokemon like shiftry (mentioned in the first post) can learn it by level up and can breed with exeggutor (I think). Even like that does it not breed on to it.

andyizcool
12th November 2004, 01:09 PM
I didn't say that exeggutor can learn it by level up. it can't but other grass pokemon like shiftry (mentioned in the first post) can learn it by level up and can breed with exeggutor (I think). Even like that does it not breed on to it.
You can't just breed Move Tutor moves from one Pokemon onto another Pokemon unless it's one of their Breeding Moves.

Sceptile_Master
12th November 2004, 02:02 PM
I know it's just considering that exeggutor can get explosion, (I didn't look up its egg moves) I thought it might be able to be passed on.