PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCg report #20

darktyranitar
12th November 2004, 01:48 AM
Despite a few bad comment on the upcoming set, Ex Return of TR(that's not cool :grumble: ), I'm continuing report on one upcoming card: Dark Marowak.

Dark Marowak (http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/exteamrocket/007.jpg)

Card’s face:
Artist: Mitsuhiro Arita
What contain in the card’s art: A Marowak standing up a building in the night.
Rarity: R
Number: 7/109
Set: Ex Team Rocket Returns

Stats:
70 HP
[F&D]
Stage 1
Weakness: [G]
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: [C]

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1. Cubone
There are two version of Cubone- in Ex FRLG and Ex Return of TR. The TR one is good for basic Pokemon card searching, and its second attack with one [F] energy can cause 20 damage on 2 heads. The other one has a first attack that deal 10 damage for a [C] energy, while its second attack deals 20 damage to any Pokemon, ignoring weakness and resistance. I’d say the FRLG one is better, as it can damage those low HP Pokemon on the bench, like maybe Magikarp.

Attack:
[CC] Brick Smash 30
This attack damage isn’t affected by Resistance, Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.
This attack reminds me of Brick Break from Pokemon RS. Note it didn’t state “Isn’t affected by Weakness”, so I guess any damage of weakness is applied. Or is this a typo? Hmm…
[FFC] Hard Bone 70
Discard a Basic Pokemon or Evolution card from your hand or this attack does nothing.
Unfortunately you need a lot of Pokemon in your hand to make this attack really works. But combine with Marowak from Ex FRLG…

Combo:
1. Marowak (Ex FRLG)
Like I said, Marowak’s attack Vengeance states that it does 30 plus 10 more damage for each Pokemon in Discard Pile, but no more than 90 damage. Simply retreat to Marowak after discarding a decent amount of Pokemon.
2. Pokemon card searching card + Pokemon resurrecting card
This categories include Celio’s Network, Dual Ball, Poke-Ball etc. Simply find the Pokemon you needed for Hard Bone. The other categories…I have no idea. Maybe Maxie from Ex MVA?
3. Island Cave
Attach an energy to Dark Marowak, and all Special Condition are removed.
4. Rocket’s Mewtwo ex+Ex FRLG Ditto with damage counters on it (Better yet near Knocked Out)
First discard R Mewtwo ex, use Ditto Poke-Power to take it back. Say Hard Bone+Rocket Mewtwo+Form Variation+Switch+Juxtapose+Flip:Head=Surpise!

Card Art Rating in 1-10: 6
Overall Rating: Dark Marowak is a pretty okay card, but it will cost you your Pokemon. It’s pretty good for the early stage of the game, but don’t use it frequently.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 5

Roarkiller
12th November 2004, 06:23 AM
I doubt i'll see anyone using this card anytime soon. Not unless they know of a certain combo which u seem to have missed.

Dark Marowak + any strong pkmn (TR mewtwo maybe) + FRLG ditto

Can u figure it out? :)

SecretSmeargle
12th November 2004, 04:14 PM
It's not a typo, weakness is applied to brick smash, as it's a copy of HL Machamp's brick smash, except doing 10 less damage. (note: Machamp originally said, dont apply weakness, but it was errata'd to apply weakness)

darktyranitar
15th November 2004, 07:55 PM
I doubt i'll see anyone using this card anytime soon. Not unless they know of a certain combo which u seem to have missed.

Dark Marowak + any strong pkmn (TR mewtwo maybe) + FRLG ditto

Can u figure it out? :)

Oh, I see.

I'll add it up.

homeofmew
15th November 2004, 09:51 PM
Brick Smash Ok.
other Attack= Sucks.
I personally Like Golduck, the first attack if you get heads the defending poke
or any other poke can not hurt you next turn.

Roarkiller
16th November 2004, 09:05 AM
U got the combo almost perfectly correct. I was thinking more along the line of using juxtapose as a surprise attack.

Btw, on that weakness type, it doesnt matter whether its written or not. Put simply, "or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon" basically covers everything including weakness.

SecretSmeargle
16th November 2004, 10:24 PM
== BRICK SMASH (Machamp - EX:Hidden Legends)
* EX Hidden Legends Machamp is receiving errata for its "Brick Smash" attack to bring it in line with the Japanese version of the card. Weakness should be applied to the damage that Machamp deals. It should read, "This attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance, Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon." (Aug 21, 2004 Pokémon World Championships Announcements)

I'm pretty sure weakness is applied. This is the eratta for Machamp. I think that's why they didn't put WEAKNESS on the card. It's meant to be played just like machamp's brick smash. I may be wrong, but I'm %90 sure it's meant to apply weakness.

darktyranitar
17th November 2004, 09:45 PM
U got the combo almost perfectly correct. I was thinking more along the line of using juxtapose as a surprise attack.

Alright, I've finally got it. I will add it up.

Roarkiller
19th November 2004, 07:20 AM
Alright, I've finally got it. I will add it up.

Actually, urs works too. Mine simply has an extra sneakiness factor.