PDA

View Full Version : :: The Legend of Zelda : Resolution :: Starts :: LSU's Accepted

MToolen
12th November 2004, 07:11 AM
No, that does not mean only Louisiana State alumni get in!

The Legend of Zelda: Resolution

The world of Hyrule is a mysterious place riddled with contusions in time, space, and logic. For instance, Link, Hero of Time, was sent to Termina to quell the evil prescence of Majora- even though it was in a different dimension. Several years later, Link also was transported somehow to our world, circa feudal Japan, to retrieve and destroy a weapon known as the Soul Edge, an immensely powerful blade that was said to possess its bearer. While Link eventually defeated the incarnation of the Soul Edge's tainted counterpart (Soul Calibur), Inferno, he immediately left without any recognition. At first glance, Link was less than obliged to accept honors, but, deep down, he wanted a reward, and the spirits of Hyrule recorded that our world owed Hyrule for the good they had done in our world.

Years passed, time flows like a river, and, once again, Hyrule lay in terrible peril. Din, Farore, and Nayru, the goddesses of Hyrule, debated on what to do about the condition of their land. Usually, a Hero would have been born that would come, but the sisters knew that none was coming. Rather, the Hero was the cause of the problem, as, for that brief moment that Link grasped Soul Edge's hilt, the two beings melded, leaving small traces of Soul Edge in Link's bloodline. These traces eventually grew generation by generation until it consumed the would-be current Hero. Faced with these circumstances, the goddesses sealed Dark Link, as he was known, to the Sacred Realm, the former resting grounds of the Triforce, even if that meant that he could amass power inside there. A few seasons passed until Nayru, goddess of wisdom, was conversating with the elder spirits of Hyrule, and, as the spirit told of the Hero of Time's tale in our world, she knew what must be done.

Gathering her siblings, the goddesses summoned warriors- some; from the time of the Soul Edge; some, from different times. Each came no differently than the others, being immediately sucked from their time to the front of the Temple of Time, which served as a gate between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. In front of that structure, they are informed of their quest ahead- uniting the Triforce. The three Triforces, Courage, Wisdom, and Power, when united, form a single Triforce capable of granting one who touches it that one's deepest desire. While Dark Link has the Triforce of Courage, the Triforces of Wisdom and Power are still scattered throughout Hyrule and must be gathered before entering the Sacred Realm. Time, however, is not on our side, as Dark Link is gaining power with each passing moment; soon, he will have enough to break the barrier completely. What I mean by completely is that some of his underlings, skilled warriors in their own right, can pass through the barrier, posing a serious threat to the team.

With each passing moment, Dark Link gains more of the wicked power of the Soul Edge ... soon, he will have enough to dry the flowing river of time ... can we stop him?

ATTENTION!
Those signing up late will need to get the forms from the sign-up topic. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32100)

Physical Characteristics
Name: Mainichi Sodesu
Appearance: 5'9", blond hair, blue eyes; wears black/purple monks' robes and wooden sandals; kind of like a blond Miroku (Inuyasha), minus the black hole-type thing.

Battle Specs
Weapon/Style: The weapon is a 5 foot long monk's staff with a concealed blade inside; the style, named the Deta Ittou, is implemented by only using the blade in dire need.
Armor: N/A

Personal Aspects
Time Period/Place: late 1800's; Meiji Restoration, Japan
Personality: Not unlike his predecessor, Miroku, Mainichi wants mainly to help people, and usually has a cheerful nature. Also not unlike his predecessor, he fancies women a little too much. However, he does respect women much more than Miroku. Also, Mainichi is a little bit shy, and does not usually talk much unless it has any importance.
History: A monk all of his life until the Battousai went through his shrine, killing off the entire monastery except him. From then, has been trying to help people and earn a living, while secretly plotting revenge agianst the manslayer...
Other: This is my first RPG. Whoo.

~=:=~ Mainichi Sodesu ~=:=~

I used to think that my mission was the only one that mattered. And why wouldn't it? That monster of a swordsman, the Hitokiri Battousai, had slaughtered my entire monk clan! So I decided that he... no, it, must endure the same punishment my brethren did- death. This could be most securely accomplished by me, the last of my kind thanks to that thing, and others like me putting this heathen out of its misery. Why am I so mean to it? It deserves no respect; no pity; no compassion. That all is irrelevant, though, as my opinion on this would soon change, as there would arise- dare I say it- a greater danger, and, with it, a greater evil.

But my story begins in the past. Although we were determined, my group stopped in an abandoned pagoda for the night on its way. Passing the time by playing games in the dirt, I drifted to sleep. When I woke up, it was not the pagoda's floor. For that matter, it was not Japan- I could sense it. My suspicions were reaffirmed when other warriors- some I had heard of in legend, others strange and new- were warped out of nowhere to where I was in front of a large building- almost like a church or temple. Still, all of us came at about the same time, and each was as confused as I was- until three beautiful women, almost like goddesses, came down from the clouds. "Do not be alarmed," one of them said. "We shall only be here for a short time to start thine quest."

Soon, they had explained the story of Soul Edge and how it came to lie in the hands of the world's hero, Link; how the sword was destroyed, but remnants layed dormant in the hero's bloodline until now; and how, since Link saved our world, that we must save his as repayment. Each one of us seemed to understand our mission, but had no clue where to hunt first. With a flick of their wrists, the goddesses produced creatures I believed to belong to this world- mainly human, but each with a slight difference. "These," the goddess said, "Are here to help you on your quest. If you need information on races, places, alliances, wars, creatures, or anything else, it would be wisest to consult these folk."

By the time we all had gotten introduced, the goddesses had dissapeared; however, we knew our goal: stopping Soul Edge from being reborn.

Arnen
12th November 2004, 04:59 PM
Hero(ine)
+Name: Arnen Takenara
+Age: 14
+Gender: Female
+Appearance: She's a little over average height and weight, but she's not particularly tall nor is she very overweight. Her skin is naturally somewhat tanned, her eyes are grey-green, and her hair is short and brown. She wears mostly black, T-shirts jeans and boots all the way.
+Personality: She is quiet and timid around people she doesn't really know, and loud and audacious around her closest friends. She has a short fuse, but few things really piss her off enough to get her going. She likes drawing, reading, and listening to music (anything with good lyrics or melody that's not country, rap, or pop fluff).
+Weapon/Style: Rapier ^^ Rapiers are fuuun...
+Armor: A silver chestplate with rayed shoulderplates (like how Balmung's go in .hack)
+Time Period/Place: Present-day midwestern US.
+History: Nothing too extraordinary. She's extremely part but hardly ever does her homework, so her grades aren't that great. Her main goal for high school is to be avoided by her less than intelligent peers and just get an education realtively undisturbed.
+Other:

Cute Little Warrior of DOOM
~Name: Remi (pronounced: Ray-mee)
~Age: 8
~Gender: Female (duh)
~Race: Kokiri
~Appearance: She is about 4'3" and kinda skinny. Her hair is a bright strawberry-blonde and kept back in two pigtails on top of her head. She has big, bright green eyes and slightly tanned skin. She wears a typical Kokiri Tunic, belt, and Kokiri Boots.
~Personality: She's happy, bubbly, and sociable. She is always optimistic and can't stand to see people down. She is also very naive and does not know much about things outside the forest save from what she's heard from the Great Deku Tree. Her curiosity is unparalelled and sometimes gets her into trouble.
~Weapon/Style: A short dagger with a wooden handle. She is also very swift and agile.
~Armor: She has gauntlets made from the bark of the Deku Tree.
~History: She lived peacefully and blissfully in the Kokiri Forest, having many friends among the trees, the animals, and of course her fellow Kokiri. Then one of her best friends, a Kokiri boy named Sodo, fell ill, and Remi was told by the Deku Tree that the cure was sold in the Market in Hyrule Town. So she set out to help her friend...
~Other: She's sooo cute ^_^
Her Fairy (NPC but felt it necessary to include soemthing):
~Name: Orei
~Gender: Female
~Color: Pink
~Personality: Very firm and wise, and always seems to know what's best for Remi. She is a free spirited and airy, however, but knows when to be serious.

Henchie
-Name: Seyelin Hatsuke
-Race: Terminian (bleh?)
-Appearance: He is rather tall and lanky yet muscled. His skin is deathly white, his hair is silver and hangs to his chin, and his eyes an icy blue. He wears a brown trenchcoat over a soft dove-grey sweater, black pants, and Dodongo-hide boots. He also wears a black scarf to cover his face.
-Personality: Cold and mysterious. Not exactly evil, but he definitely envies the living and has little respect for life. He is, however, a gentleman. He has a bit of an accent and speaks with archaic terms.
-Weapon/Style: A double-helixed sword with one white and one black blade, and a chain that can sprout spikes and change in length and strength.
-Armor: His coat is lined with Mythril. And this isn't really armor, but if he gets shallow cuts they won't bleed.
-History: (Think I'll go with the abridged version, will go into more detail in actual topic)
Basically he was trapped in the icy waters of Snowhead Mountain two centuries ago and died. His spirit remained trapped there as well, until Dark Link offered to restore him in return for his survices.
-Other: He has no body heat. His skin feels cold and clammy to the touch, like a corpse.

Will post later.