PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What's your major or course?

.hacker
12th November 2004, 08:39 PM
If you are going to a college or university, post what your major (or course) is currently. For those who have not entered college, what are you thinking about getting a major in?

For myself, I'm currently an Accounting major. 8)

Jeff
12th November 2004, 08:58 PM
Well, I'm a Computer Science major at UMBC (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)

Also, I've been taking alot of programming classes mostly in C++ but also one on C and another one on Assembly. Computer Science is mostly programming.

Cheesey
13th November 2004, 07:06 AM
I don't think it's called a "major" in Britain, but I could be wrong, seeing as I'm not going to be going to university for a few years yet.

When I do go, though, I'll probably do English and Music as my main subjects. As I said, I'm fairly sure there isn't a major system - My sisters are at university and they haven't mentioned the word major once - but anyway... English because I like learning about the language I speak, and how it all works, and how everything fits together; it's kinda like a big jigsaw puzzle, but some pieces are weird and break the rules that the whole thing is supposed to abide by. Music, because... Well, I like making my own music and listening to music. It's enjoyable more than anything, not least because you get to improvise to your hearts content if you want to.

[McGraw]
13th November 2004, 07:58 AM
Applying for economics.

Lady Vulpix
13th November 2004, 09:57 AM
Computer Science. Just like Jeff, it seems! ^_^
Though here Computer Science is about a lot more than just programming.