PDA

View Full Version : News on Emerald's USA Release date

PikaJames2004
13th November 2004, 09:59 PM
While in New York City for the Pokemon Center's anniversary bash, I spoke with a member of the Pokemon USA staff on a confidential basis, and she told me that Pokemon Emerald will be released in May of next year.

have a stammer
13th November 2004, 11:10 PM
Actually I see it listed as April, and Pokemon Dash in March. Which is kinda weird, since dash isn't even out yet in japan.

PikaJames2004
14th November 2004, 12:39 PM
Dash may be released in April, along with a new PCNY DS System, something in, oh, say...Pikachu yellow? Don't trust the postings of those not on in the inside. I got it straight from the horse's - or in this case, the insider's - mouth.

PKMN Master
15th November 2004, 08:47 PM
While in New York City for the Pokemon Center's anniversary bash, I spoke with a member of the Pokemon USA staff on a confidential basis, and she told me that Pokemon Emerald will be released in May of next year.

It's quite cool to hear about this... on the other hand, I'd never tell you a secret or aconfidential thing about me... :freak:

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 06:23 AM
Don't trust the postings of those not on in the inside. I got it straight from the horse's - or in this case, the insider's - mouth.

Which begs the question: Exactly how "inside" is your insider? Forgive me if the answer is blatantly obvious, but I don't know that much about the goings-on of the Pokemon game developers. And is there more than one section of Pokemon USA (i.e. development, production, marketing, accounting, etc.)? I should think so, since they'd have to be a somewhat self-sufficient company. For all I can tell, the insider could have been the company secretary. If you could expand on that a little, it'd be much easier to determine how accurate the source is. (I'm not questioning you in any way. I'm just questioning the source, since sources are sometimes very, very wrong in what they say.) Thanks. :)

rinku
16th November 2004, 04:41 PM
On the other hand, the US release date of Emerald is hardly a state secret, and many people in the organization and outside of it would have some idea (i.e. every Nintendo distributor). Chances are simply that it hasn't been totally finalised yet.

PikaJames2004
17th November 2004, 11:23 PM
Which begs the question: Exactly how "inside" is your insider?

Well, I'll call her "Deep Torchic." 'Nuff said. Besides, it takes about eight to nine months for a new Pokemon game to come from Japan to our side of the world on average.