PDA

View Full Version : News from the December Issue of CoroCoro--GBA Compatibility, New Modes, and more

Dogasu
14th November 2004, 01:09 AM
In the latest issue of CoroCoro, there was a four-page spread about Pokemon Dash. While a lot of the information in the article was stuff we already knew, there were a few interesting things worth pointing out.

-On the title screen, you're able to use the stylus to play with Pikachu, similar to the way you could play with Mario's face in Super Mario 64. The accompanying screenshot showed the player stretching Pikachu's cheeks, but I'm sure there will be other ways to interact with the pokemon.

-There are three modes revealed. The first mode, Ground Mode, is the part where you sprint around on the ground. You run faster over the areas with paved roads, but you're slowed down when you run over places like forests or ponds. The second mode, Jump Mode, is the part when you're flying high above the course with your balloons. The magazine didn't reveal anything we don't know about that part of the game. The third mode, the Exciting Descent Mode, is the part where you try to land your balloon. If you land on a hard piece of ground (i.e. the road), you'll faint for a short while, losing time. Likewise, you'll be slowed down if you get caught in a tree.

-The Green Cup, the only racing area that's been revealed so far, is the first Cup. Within the Green Cup are five different courses, including places like "Mankey's Footprint" and "Pikachu Island." There will, of course ,be other cups, and they'll include areas such as a volcano-type area where you'll have to run over hot lava, and a snowfield where you slip and slide around the field.

-Munchlax, from this summer's Deoxys movie, makes its video game debut in Pokemon Dash. The magazine points out that in the movie, Munchlax became energetic when it eats, and it wonders if the Munchlax in the game will share the same characteristics.

-The last page was about using your Game Boy Advance games to create new fields to race on. The six pokemon that are currently in your team will appear on the top screen, and you're supposed to choose which one you want made into a field on the bottom screen. The magazine also revealed that Pokemon Dash will be compatible with ALL the Game Boy Advance games, not just Emerald. So, you can upload your pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.

And that's about it. There isn't too much new information, but it'll probably be the most we get before the game is released in Japan on December 2nd. The magazine promises to have more information on the game in the next issue, so we'll have to wait until then to find out anything new.

P0RYG0N
14th November 2004, 01:51 AM
The magazine also revealed that Pokemon Dash will be compatible with ALL the Game Boy Advance games, not just Emerald. So, you can upload your pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.
Oooh, I wasn't expecting that.

On the title screen, you're able to use the stylus to play with Pikachu, similar to the way you could play with Mario's face in Super Mario 64. The accompanying screenshot showed the player stretching Pikachu's cheeks, but I'm sure there will be other ways to interact with the pokemon.
Useless, but swell. :D

Cool info, Dogasu.

Razola
14th November 2004, 01:53 AM
Why do they need your GBA game for that? It's so utterly pointless.

Dogasu
14th November 2004, 03:58 AM
Why do they need your GBA game for that? It's so utterly pointless.

Because new Pokemon game + pointless additons = easily pleased fans.

I think the main reason for doing it that way is to show people that the DS software can hook up with GBA software, giving people hope that they'll be able to trade their GBA pokemon to the upcoming Diamond/Pearl games.

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 08:27 AM
They mentioned Munchlax's "ability" in there. Does that mean that eating, possibly to restore energy, will be a part of the game? Or do they even know? I haven't seen any of this info myself, so I'm totally reliant on you guys, here. I'd guess that if they did add food it'd mostly be as an energy restorative; but then again, you can never be sure...

And third-fourth generation trading compatibility would be sweet. If they can make it work with Dash, there'll be no excuse if they leave it out in Diamond/Pearl.