PDA

View Full Version : Firefox newbie question(s)...

Zak
15th November 2004, 07:00 PM
Eh, okay, I've had a few problems as of upgrading to Firefox, but I'm sure they can be fixed somehow, I'm just too ignorant to find out and need help.

Lets see... where to start. For some reason, I think recently or maybe a while ago, sound stopped working within the browser... like for flash sites and stuff. especially ytmnd (www.ytmnd.com) stopped liking me... as well as EbaumsWorld and basically any site that requires sound. I bet there's an option or something... just can't find it. If not that.... yadda yadda yadda, help.

There are a few other things, I just can't bring myself to remember, but anyway might as well work on one at a time to avoid confusion.

~Zak

Ice Rabbit
15th November 2004, 07:38 PM
You have to download Flash again. I'm pretty sure you can find the page for flash at Firefox Central (Click the circle thingy right under the x for closing that spins when a lage is loading). Yes, I do suck at describing things.

Most of it will likely be you having to download the plugins again.

mr_pikachu
15th November 2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, that sounds right. I know that Flash wouldn't work on Firefox for me immediately after I downloaded it, even though it had been and was still working on IE. I'm guessing you have to redo it for each browser.

kainashi
15th November 2004, 09:59 PM
everytime you uninstall/reinstall firefox, you'll need to reinstall flash/shockwave/whatever too. it sucks but it isn't that bad. :)