PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Decks (YGO)

Ultimate Charizard
16th November 2004, 05:15 PM
RE: Title, Are they worth it.

Ive been getting a number of Decent Fusion cards lately but dont really know if they are worth the Effort.
The main ones i can actually succesfully create are Black Skull Dragon, Master of Oz, Sanwitch and Last Warrior from another Planet. I have a number of Poli's and Fusion Gate but its wether they can be effective.
I know they never had much use but with certain cards that are coming out. I cant remember the name right now but there is a Card that Returns 2 Normal monsters to your hand from Graveyard. The way i see it, you play that, with either Poli or gate in play and Instant Master of Oz or Black Skull Dragon as both their 'parts' are normals.

And can someon explain to me how Fusion gate works. I tried using it on the Gameboy version but i think it may have been bugged. Is it as if there is a constant Poli in play? So that if you have the parts you can summon a Fusion?

Ultimate Charizard
16th November 2004, 06:34 PM
Also while im at it, ive had a bit of a bet with a friend as to wether it is Possible to win without using Monsters. Obviously Burn Deck run on this Principle but always have Monsters if not for anything other than Defence.

Would it be at all Possible to Create a Deck, capable of Winning that Contains 0 monsters? (All serious attempts get a cookie lol)

mr_pikachu
16th November 2004, 09:43 PM
Also while im at it, ive had a bit of a bet with a friend as to wether it is Possible to win without using Monsters. Obviously Burn Deck run on this Principle but always have Monsters if not for anything other than Defence.

Would it be at all Possible to Create a Deck, capable of Winning that Contains 0 monsters? (All serious attempts get a cookie lol)

Well, there's the obvious stall and burn idea, where you fill your deck with Swords of Light, Nightmare Cage, Waboku, etc. along with a ton of Direct Attack cards. If you're really out of your mind you could try the no-monster straight stall, where you try to wipe out your opponent's deck before your Life Points are blasted to oblivion. That idea's usually better with Monsters, especially with cards like Needle Worm. Although a hyper-draw deck combined with the card that switches the decks and Graveyards (I forget the name) wouldn't be bad, I suppose.

And I'm not a big fan of Fusions myself, just because of the reliance on a single card. (Yes, Fusion Gate would work as well, but you're still completely reliant on getting one or the other.) I'd rather just have a couple of Cyber-Steins in there, and see if I'm lucky enough to draw one early. Of course, that card's probably been banned by now... :P

SWAMPERT1
16th November 2004, 10:51 PM
The only REALLY good fusions monsters to base a deck around are the Cyber Stein + BEUD + Megamorph = OTK, and a Dark Paladin deck can also be good if made right.

Most decks need atleast ONE monster and in those kind of decks its usually Sinister Serpant. I believe if you look back pages, Yoh Asakura posted a decent enough no monster deck.

Fusion Gate is a field magic right? I cant remember but I know it stays on the field (I believe X] ). Anywho, its like a Poly for you and your opponent by paying 1000LP.

Last Exile
17th November 2004, 01:01 AM
Fusion Gate is Field Magic.

Well, hey, it's risky. If your opponent has fusions, if they suddenly fire off a Dark Flare Knight or Dark Balter or Ryu Senshi or Thousand Eyes Restrict, it's your own fault.

As Swampert said, the mega fusions work only around Cyber Stein. Pity he still doesn't exist in English.

Jayzorblade
19th November 2004, 03:33 PM
IMHO The only fusions that are useful are those who work with Scientist. Sure there's a few others like Paladin & BEUD but other then that, no they're not really worth it. It's mainly because there's monsters that can be normal summoned with the same stats and higher.

My No Monster Deck works surprisingly well, I'll post the updated version in a minute.

Last Exile
20th November 2004, 03:36 AM
Fusions with Scientist currently:

Red Crimson Bird (2300 atk)
Dark Flare Knight
The anti-Chaos guy in Rise of Destiny (2200 atk, removes 3 monsters from opponent's graveyard from play)
Dark Balter the Terrible
Ryu Senshi
Thousand Eyes Restrict
Musician King/Giltia the D. Knight
Reaper on the Nightmare
Ojama King
(2100 atk fusions for Turtle)

They're useful enough. ;)

Seph
21st November 2004, 07:58 AM
It's not really different in Japanese, Fusions for Scientist:

Brachioreidos (2200/2000)

Crimson Bird (2300/1800)

Crittich (2100/1800)

Dark Demon Baltar (2000/1200 Negate Magic Card For A 1000LP Cost, Negate Effect Mons Destroyed By Him)

Dark Flare Knight (2200/800)

Death Demon Dragon (2000/1200 negate Reverse Effect Monster)

Dragon Knight of Dark Realm - Dark Sword (2200/1500 Remove 3 Mon from Ops Grave)

Dragon Warrior (2000/1200 Negate Trap Card For A 1000LP Cost, Negate Magic Cards That Target Him)

Soul Hunter (2200/1800)

Thousand Eyes Sacrifice (0/0 Absorbtion)