PDA

View Full Version : Under-Rated Cards (Any Game)

Ultimate Charizard
16th November 2004, 06:29 PM
Ive been looking through the Forum and every now and then, when you look at a Deck Rate you will find someone Slagging someone off For using thier favourite card because in someones opinion it Sucks.
Well here is your Chance to Put forward your case and suggest to your peers and fellow TCG'ers the cards that you feel dont get the Respect they Deserve, and of course for them to return their opinions. But please dont degrade this into a Flame war.

Ill kick this off with a Yugioh card, though as the title says all Games are fine in here.

The one that has a Strong Place in my deck, and has saved my ass on numerous occaisions is Barrell Dragon. Admittedly for the same attack a Luster Dragon would be comparitively better but the effect is what im after. Im currently trying to Create what i call a Monster Prevention Deck. Not so much a Stall/Annoyer deck, but something that Just doesnt allow opponents to Get Monsters into action, ie Needle Wall, Barrell Dragon, Swarm of Scarabs, Gravity Bind etc.

Each time i post a Deck im told to Drop Barrell as there isnt enough Support for him but there are some decent 2 tribute effect monsters coming out and if a card like Unshaven Angler, Kaiser Seahorse comes out for Machine types then he's gonna play much like my 'Mobius, the Frost Monarch'

SWAMPERT1
16th November 2004, 10:54 PM
I think an underated card in YGO is Giant Trunade/ Hurricane. No that there is no more S/T removal besides Heavy Strom/ Tempest, this thing is great.

I dont know much about other TCG's though so no comment

Last Exile
17th November 2004, 01:03 AM
Blowback Dragon has wider effect than Barrel Dragon. Plus 2 tributes be much harder now. Easier to do a one tribute guy like Blowback.

mr_pikachu
17th November 2004, 05:50 AM
I actually think Nightmare Steel Cage is underrated, just because of the fact that it's not on a ban list (I think). 3 in a deck x 2 turns of freedom = 6 moves for you to figure out a counter-strategy. Stall cards can be a lifesaver for me sometimes, especially when I'm not sure what I'd put in the deck otherwise. Other cards, like Needle Worm, can be a real pain. If you lose a card you need from that effect, it can really hurt. That's why I never play decks that depend on a specific card or set of cards.

Of course, I'm not exactly the expert on this, so feel free to correct/criticize/flame me. >_>;;

homeofmew
18th November 2004, 06:15 PM
Lannettes Net Seach very good card :O!
Dunceparce ~ Strike and Run
Lum Berry so underused can come in helpful.

Andrew
18th November 2004, 06:39 PM
I think that the Reverse card in Uno is under-rated. I think it has a lot of possibilities.