PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Crusade - Caught any yet?

Last Exile
17th November 2004, 01:27 AM
I noticed Evme15 has now changed her avatar and sig to Joshua from CHrono Crusade. I also noted CHrono Crusade is already on some US cable channels. So, anyone caught any of the ones on TV or DVD yet? Got any of the manga?

EVme15
17th November 2004, 08:44 PM
I'm getting the DVD ASAP.

I haven't seen any of the anime yet. *cries*
I have the first two manga, where Joshua first shows up. My first impression? "OMG, Kaworu has a twin!"
Seriously. The expression on his face is the exact same one as Kaworu (Eva).
Anyways, he has so much about him that just rocks. The horns, the attitude, the "I don't hate society, I just hate [insert major detail] about society", and he's blond. Of course, I can't give away spoilers, and I may just be getting myself all worked up for nothing. I've only read one chapter with him in it (that, and the one about the past, but...).

Chrno Crusade itself has a cool premise, and a setting that's not seen in almost all anime. I highly recommend it (assuming the manga transition was done well. Which I trust Ryan's judgement and I'll say it is).

Last Exile
17th November 2004, 10:08 PM
Yes, the manga is good and well translated. Some very sueful side notes in terms of historical references too.

Volume 2 reveals how Joshua became who he is and why. It also explains how Rosette and Joshua met Chrono years ago. Mind you, this happens in a fairly different order in the anime.

Note: the first two or three pages of the second volume have a scene that definitely isn't in the anime. The female showers of a monastery...it's not quite at the Love Hina level but it was still fairly revealing despite the 13+ rating. Meh, was amusing though. Rosette falling asleep while standing! :D

Razola
17th November 2004, 10:53 PM
A unique setting? So it's not the future/medieval/fantasy?

Last Exile
17th November 2004, 11:31 PM
Modern/unique weapons + holy-based powers in America, 1928. Nuns with guns vs. demons who were forsaken by heaven and hell. Apostles sent to earth to counter the rise in Satanism.

Dark Scizor
19th November 2004, 10:27 AM
Started getting the manga, but i'm waiting for volume 2 to come out in the UK :(.

I am considering getting the DVD's when they come out, to see how good the dubbing is on Chrno Crusade.

ryandude713
27th November 2004, 10:26 PM
i got the first two volumes of the manga, and they are spectacular
i love the story, very engrossing, and rosette is a fox
the scene where shes in the shower...wow
I MEAN!
the action is great, the art is top notch, and the character development is very good
5/5 stars