PDA

View Full Version : Sandstorm Team Idea (3 Pokemon)

P0RYG0N
17th November 2004, 01:52 AM
Didn't make up any EVs or Natures yet, as I thought I'd get the MS down first, but feel free to make up some if you want. ;)

I got an inspiration for a SS team from elsewhere, and it sounded like a cool idea, thought I may try one out my own for an event coming soon:

Tyranitar@Lefties
-SandStream
Roar
Rock Slide
EQ
Aeriel Ace/Dragon Dance

Provides the Sandstorm, and I really like having Roar on the first Poke I send out. I was also thinking of maybe a Roar/Toxic combo, but I think this would do.

Cacturne@Brightpowder
-Sand Veil
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Toxic
Teeter Dance

Starts out very evasive, then confuses the opponent with Teeter Dance. XD Awesome

Forretress@Lum
-Sturdy
Explosion
Rapid Spin
Spikes
EQ

Sounds like something that could be used. Maybe Return or Rock Slide instead of EQ *Shrug* I guess.
Would have gave it leftovers, if it weren't for Explosion. :P

Now, that was my original idea :\ But the main thing that made the idea of this team fun can't be used in my situation, only level 50s, and Pupitar evolves at level 55. :grumble:
You can still rate T-tar, this team seems good enough to me to use on Netbattle or in a lvl. 100 3-on-3. But I need to get a replacement for now, someone to start the Sand Storm, and having Roar is always a swell bonus if you ask me. Might need to give Cacturne Sand Storm too, in order to keep it the whole time...
And I should mention, all three need to be holding different items.

Thanks, all.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th November 2004, 12:25 PM
Didn't make up any EVs or Natures yet, as I thought I'd get the MS down first, but feel free to make up some if you want. ;)

I got an inspiration for a SS team from elsewhere, and it sounded like a cool idea, thought I may try one out my own for an event coming soon:

I think that this is for Ingame? Since your talking about Battle tower.

Tyranitar@Lefties
-SandStream
Roar
Rock Slide AncientPower
EQ Toxic
Aeriel Ace/Dragon Dance AA

Provides the Sandstorm, and I really like having Roar on the first Poke I send out. I was also thinking of maybe a Roar/Toxic combo, but I think this would do.

Do not try a set-up T-Tar, because he is your pogey to supply you with Sandstorm. Keep him at a defensive string.

AP: I like accuracy over Power, njah.

AA: for it's major weakness, duh*

Toxic+Roar is good and helps you with it's defensive side

Cacturne@Brightpowder
-Sand Veil
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Toxic Sub
Teeter Dance Destiny bond

Starts out very evasive, then confuses the opponent with Teeter Dance. XD Awesome

Take Toxic of him, he's not fit for that. You know that Brightpowder almost doesn't do anything? But you can try it. You might want Brightpowder+doubleteam+Sandveil+leechseed-substitute. It will might work, not sure though. Then it would be: Leechseed_Doubleteam_Substitute_Focuspunch@Brightp owder. I don't know, it might be risky.

Forretress@Lum
-Sturdy
Explosion
Rapid Spin
Spikes
EQ Toxic

Sounds like something that could be used. Maybe Return or Rock Slide instead of EQ *Shrug* I guess.
Would have gave it leftovers, if it weren't for Explosion. :P

You can put toxic over Explosion and take lefties, but that wouldn't fit Forretress, now would it?

So replacement for T-Tar? I would start of with Fortress if I were you, and then take: Explosion_Reflect/Sandstorm_Spikes/Sandstorm_Sandstorm@lum

Then your still short on 1 man. Maybe Claydol.

Psychic/EQ_Lightscreen/Cosmicpower_Toxic_Rapidspin

EQ can't hit flying.

Now, that was my original idea :\ But the main thing that made the idea of this team fun can't be used in my situation, only level 50s, and Pupitar evolves at level 55. :grumble:
You can still rate T-tar, this team seems good enough to me to use on Netbattle or in a lvl. 100 3-on-3. But I need to get a replacement for now, someone to start the Sand Storm, and having Roar is always a swell bonus if you ask me. Might need to give Cacturne Sand Storm too, in order to keep it the whole time...
And I should mention, all three need to be holding different items.

Thanks, all.

btw: If your going in NB, those set's won't do

ktnxbai