PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Wait...Gray?! OMG!

Toxicity
17th November 2004, 02:59 PM
Gray-related. Shaddup.

1. How do you prefer spelling it: gray or grey?
2. What are your thoughts on the color gray?
3. Have you ever had any gray hairs? Since when?
Random and Optional:
4. What do you think of your parents?

1. I prefer using 'grey', despite how I used 'gray' throughout the title and questions.

2. To me, grey is a neutral, yet somewhat emotional, color. It happens to be one of my favorite colors. It looks good with most colors.

3. Sadly, yes. They have plagued me since I was the tender age of ten.

Random and Optional:
4. I treat my parents with as much respect as I can give, despite the harsh treatment I receive back. My father seems like a cold, emotionless man who's almost never there, and my mother, thinking she's your average religious, polite southern-bred woman, is a bit on the moody edge of things. She tends to punish me for things I don't know what she's talking about, saying I'm a liar and rude. If I don't get far in life, I know who to blame.

Cheesey
17th November 2004, 03:08 PM
Grey. I thought it was a word that is spelt differently depending on whether you come from the US or the UK or something (like color and colour). Even if it isn't, if I ever wrote "gray" on an essay or something it'd be corrected to grey. So yeah, I've always known it as grey and I never really understood why it got spelt differently.

It isn't terribly interesting. I always saw it as a colour which wasn't quite black and wasn't quite white. It got lost in the middle, which I suppose is kinda true. But I don't like it particularly. It doesn't add to anything much (apart from somehting like a newspaper, maybe).

I don't think so. If I have I probably dyed them or they fell out. Maybe both, I dunno. But I haven't been aware of ever having them. And anyway, the first time my eldest sister got a gray hair was when she was 18, so I'm hoping it'll be similar for me. Hopefully later even.

Pretty neutral. I used to hate me Dad because of some things I never want to forgive him for but I tried to put that behind me so it wouldn't be a problem; I think he's pretty shallow actually. I started trying to be nicer to him late last year and then gave him and my Mum a present they loved and hten they realised I wasn't an evil devil child or something. My Mum used to ignore me because she didn't want to come to realise that she wasn't going to have any more children and that all her current children were growing up. At least I think that's what happened, I don't know for sure. But now it's pretty indifferent.

phaedrus
17th November 2004, 04:04 PM
1. How do you prefer spelling it: gray or grey? gray
2. What are your thoughts on the color gray? meh a somewhat depressing color
3. Have you ever had any gray hairs? Since when? yeah since like 12 years old
Random and Optional:
4. What do you think of your parents? cool peeps 8)

Kris
17th November 2004, 04:53 PM
1. Umm I spell it gray, god I had to think about that.
2. Not a greta colour, but can look cool in certain shades.
3. Not that I know of but I do highlight my hair so I guess that could cover it.
4. Their ok :)

Jay
17th November 2004, 05:26 PM
1. grey
2. it is a sad color. also it's one of my favourites
3. no
4. i hardly ever see my dad but my mother is pretty decent

Agent Elrond
17th November 2004, 06:40 PM

Well, technically, since I'm American I should spell it gray, but since I read a lot of English books (LOTR, Aubrey/Maturin novels, etc.) I end up miss spelling it grey rather often. (Gray is the American spelling, and grey is the English, and I suppose the original, way of spelling it.)

It's good for rocks, and shading clouds. You can mix many different colors with it to get different tones... I have three different gray pencils, all different shades of grey.

Well, the one time I got gray paint on them... otherwise no.

Random and Optional:

They're all good. :yes: Dad can be a pain tho. >.<

Adz44
17th November 2004, 07:05 PM
1. Grey. Being in the UK, I was brought up to spell it that way. Wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Erm...haven't really thought about it...it reminds me of rain clouds, I suppose...lol

3. None that I know of. If I've had some, I haven't noticed.

4. My parents are very supportive. Couldn't ask for better parents. However, my mum likes watching soap operas and stuff like Columbo and Bergerac (which can be a pain)...but, you can't have everything...lol

Jeff
17th November 2004, 10:37 PM
gray

Very... plain, but if you combine certian shades it can make a cool silver effect

I'm 20 years old, I hope not...

Random and Optional:
They're cool, they have raised 5 kids pretty well so they are also very good at the whole parent thing.

Zak
17th November 2004, 11:07 PM
1. Grey. "Gray" sounds weird to me, despite my American-ness.

2. It's just a color, really. But um... I dunno, it represents depression?

3. Probably. My hair is jet black, but once when my dad was checking me for lice he noticed I had one red hair, and also one blond. Unnoticeable though, but I might have one grey hair hidden there for all I know.

4. I love them. My mom's always been supportive. My dad on the other hand can be really annoying and make all sorts of lame jokes and embarrass me in public, but I learn things from him the hard way. Also, I should give him credit for the times he has jumped in and supported me.

~Zak

Wolfsong
17th November 2004, 11:26 PM
Gray
Its okay i guess. Not my favorite color, but not my least favorite either.
Sadly yes. i've had some gray hairs since i was sixteen. my hair is mostly brownish blonde but there are a few spots, that i guess are from stress. Luckily it isn't that noticable. I do tend to get highlights to help, and sometimes i wear my hear up in a ponytail.
Random and Optional:
They're okay. I love them, but they can stand to be a little less overprotective. I guess i can understand why though. Afterall, I'm an only child x.x

darktyranitar
18th November 2004, 02:05 AM
Grey

Plain and pretty dull

I don't think I have it, or else I would have noticed

Pretty okay

Leon-IH
18th November 2004, 04:54 AM

1. Grey, though neither look right at the moment.

2. probably the best colour except darker greens.

3. yeps, I got a few grey hairs but not on my head. (not what you sick people are thinking)

4. My parents rock, sure my dad is a bit anti-social but i've inherited that tendancy from him so it's cool - my mum is good cause she lets me listen to my music because oddly she likes punk and metal... :o

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
18th November 2004, 05:09 AM
Random and Optional:

1.) I have no real preference, sometimes I use the one, sometimes the other.
2.) I like grey quite a bit, I used to wear grey shirts a lot when I was younger.
3.) I've had some grey hairs for a few years now. Getting old.
4.) I love my mother, she's very supportive though she can be a pain with her nosyness. I never felt anything for my father, he was pretty bad, drinking a lot. Well he died a year ago so that's all ancient history now.

homeofmew
18th November 2004, 06:24 PM
1. How do you prefer spelling it: gray or grey? GRAY
2. What are your thoughts on the color gray? Evil. Gray hair in Japanese Anime means Evi/Bad Guy
3. Have you ever had any gray hairs? Since when? none
Random and Optional:
4. What do you think of your parents? OK?

Syberia
18th November 2004, 07:48 PM
1) Gray. I've always thought it looked weird when you spelled it "grey."
2) It's nice for when my printer runs out of color ink.
3) Nope

Moonlight Espeon
18th November 2004, 08:54 PM
1. Gray. I've always spelled it gray. Unfortunately, this leads to a certain typo, but I still spell it gray.

2. It's okay. It's nice for shading I suppose.

3. No. Of course not.

4. They're cool, they can be a pain and they push me to do things more than I would like, but I still think they're awesome parents. Perfect parents don't exist, so I suppose I've got close-to-perfect ones.

JamieC
19th November 2004, 06:02 PM
1. Its definately GREY for me. Just like Colour has a U. Yup, I'm English :)

2. I love the colour grey - neither black, nor white (not even purple) just sitting quite happily in the middle, doing nobody any harm. And it's trying so very hard to be silver, but just doesn't have that sparkle :( Shame...

3. Wouldn't notice grey hairs on me - I'm blonder than the average (lucky me!) - but my ex had a scattering of grey hairs all through his dark hair - made him look very distinguished (not to mention quite sexy!).

4. My mum is c-o-o-l! She has put up with all the hassle that my siblings and myself have brought her, and helped us overcome so many obstacles. And she's letting me live back home again while I'm poor :) Love you mum!!

My dad sucks though. He now lives in Sweden with his wife, and they generally live a dull existance. Lucky them :) Do I miss him? No. He still doesn't quite get the gay thing... (the phase is 12 years and counting now!)

Pidgeot
24th November 2004, 10:58 PM
Its gray ;)

I dont assosiate it with anything dull, sad, or boring: I love rainy days, and when I use gray in the designs I use, I pair it with a bright colour for a really good scheme. Plus with the amount of people that use it as their default font colour on this board, I more assosiate it with technology and modern than boring and sad stuff.

Hell no lol, 15 year olds with grey hair is scary. There is this guy on E! News Live and hes got grey hair, and yet before he died it (supposedly) he looked sooo much younger.

Crystal Mew
25th November 2004, 01:14 AM
1. I spell it both sometimes, but I prefer "gray" it looks....nicer

2. its a very depressing color....very boring.

3. No, not yet :)

4. I love my mom, and respect her.

woz
25th November 2004, 04:43 AM
1. grey.
2. it's grey.
3. no.
4. no comment.