PDA

View Full Version : Which Deoxys version you like the best? (New Thread)

Chris Watarimono
20th November 2004, 05:35 PM
Well, now that's out of the way...lettme continue my musings on Deoxys. Deoxys has four different forms! Four different forms! No Pokémon has that many! Lets see Cheaptwo has multiple forms! Or Lati@s! Or the ill-translated Ho-oh! But...why is a Psychic type? Why? Why? Why can't the 00bers be something else for a change...like a Poison type! Yeah! Long live Poison type 00bers as they pwn your team! XD Heh.

But enough of that. Onwards to the new poll. Includes Emerald Version Speed Deoxys. Which is your favorite of the four?

andyizcool
20th November 2004, 05:43 PM
I don't know why so many people like the Pokemon Emerald Speed Deoxys. Maybe because it's new or something like that. Speed is useful but the Speed Deoxys has on Pokemon Emerald is just too much. You say the other Stats are rounded but I think they're pretty bad. A Sweeper needs Speed but also the Attack or Special Attack if not you need a pinch Berry held item to do it.

Silent Dragonfly
21st November 2004, 06:17 PM
Or the ill-translated Ho-oh! But...why is a Psychic type? Why? Why?

Ho-oh isn't Psychic Type, it's Fire/Flying. Lugia is Psychic/Flying.

Anyway, FR Deoxys since sweepage is the name of Adv.Gen

Poryhedron
21st November 2004, 10:27 PM
Ho-oh isn't Psychic Type, it's Fire/Flying. Lugia is Psychic/Flying.
I'm pretty sure Chris was back on the subject of Deoxys at that point.

Orion
22nd November 2004, 01:33 PM
Speed Deoxys hands down. The other Stats pretty bad? 289 and 279 are VERY good numbers in my book. The only bad number in Speed Deoxys (And all the other Deoxys for that matter.) is HP. I like balance...

Attack Deoxys? A good Tank with a Super-Effective move, or a Ninjask with Silver Wind pwn it, whatever it attempts to do. 20 Base Defenses are the lowest since Blissey. Even Normal Deoxys is better in this respect, since it can withstand a weak-ish unSTABed Super-Effective Attack.

Defense Deoxys is nice, but it doesn't has enough HP to Tank. I think it gets Recover, though, which makes it decent. My second favorite form.

mr_pikachu
23rd November 2004, 07:53 AM
Deoxys has four different forms! Four different forms! No Pokémon has that many!

*coughUnowncough*

But on the topic, from what I've heard, speed Deoxys is easily the best. (Keep in mind that I don't actually have any of the Deoxys forms, and haven't done what I'd call extensive research on the either.) Pretty good stats + lightning speed can really help in a pinch. There's the HP weakness, but again, from what I've heard, all the forms have that problem anyway. I'm going with the speedy sweeper, here.

Rudoku
23rd November 2004, 09:05 AM
Attack Deoxys? A good Tank with a Super-Effective move, or a Ninjask with Silver Wind pwn it, whatever it attempts to do.
Too bad Emerald gives the thing Extreme Speed. And if I can take off more than 1/4 HP on a Ninjask with my Dodrio's Quick Attack, then I know FR Deoxys can mess it up.

phaedrus
23rd November 2004, 09:13 PM
carp is your god. face it. spash=OHKO.

i would have to say that the fr comes next, but nothing beats carp.

Jeff
23rd November 2004, 09:21 PM
Emerald, looks good and fastest thing in the game.

And by the way...

Ho-oh is not poorly translated, they just played around with the spelling so that it would be pronounced the way it is in Japanese.

rinku
23rd November 2004, 09:47 PM
For what it's worth (Japanese hat on), the Katakana spells out HO U O U, a four syllable name. A "u" following an "o" is used to record a long "o" sound, not a dipthong like "ow", but how exactly it is transliterated depends on the convention used (there are at least three major conventions). If I was transliterating the name according to the rules I learned at university, it would be written "Hoooo". But people would pronounce that quite differently :)

Xenesis
23rd November 2004, 10:01 PM
Hahaha..rinku, you just served to remind me why I hate romanised Japanese.

Romanised Japanese screws up so much of the language. >.<

Chris Watarimono
24th November 2004, 02:22 PM
Bah! Unown doesn't count! They just have different artwork, that's all. They all have the same Base Stats and the same move. When I mean different forms, I mean one Pokémon that has different Base Stats and Movepools as well as Appearances. And when I meant Psychic types, I meant Psychic types as 00bers, as the majority (Mewtwo, Mew, Lu(i)gia, Lati@s, Jirachi, Celery) are as so, or a part type. They're just too many Psychic 00bers IMHO, so that's what I'm saying.

Oh, and one more thing, I'm going to include the Base Stats for the Four Deoxys forms if anybody needs references on to find out which one excels in what and their natural moves, as well as their icon.

(Note: All Deoxys versions have the Trait, "Pressure," forcing the opposing monster to use 2x as much PP for their abilites when Deoxys is out.)

Ruby/Sapphire Deoxys http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs202.gif
HP - 50
Atk - 150
Def - 50
Spd - 150
SAtk - 150
SDef - 50
Moves: Wrap, Leer, Night Shade, Teleport, Knock Off, Pursuit, Psychic, Snatch, Cosmic Power, Recover, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam

Emerald Deoxys (Nuuuu! I can't find a sprite...X_X)
HP - 50
Atk - 95
Def - 90
Spd - 180
SAtk - 95
SDef - 90

Moves: Leer, Wrap, Night Shade, Double Team, Knock Off, Pursuit, Psychic, Swift, Agility, Recover, Psycho Boost, Extremespeed

Fire Red Deoxys http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs202fr.gif
HP - 50
Atk - 180
Def - 20
Spd - 150
SAtk - 180
SDef - 20

Moves: Leer, Wrap, Night Shade, Teleport, Taunt, Pursuit, Psychic, Superpower, Cosmic Power, Zap Cannon, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam

Leaf(y) Green Deoxys http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs202lg.gif
HP - 50
Atk - 70
Def - 160
Spd - 90
SAtk - 70
SDef - 160

Moves: Leer, Wrap, Night Shade, Teleport, Knock Off, Spikes, Psychic, Snatch, Iron Defense, Amnesia, Recover, Psycho Boost, Counter, Mirror Coat

rinku
24th November 2004, 04:15 PM
Actually, there is one pokémon that has far more variety of form than boring old Deoxys... Ditto! (And Mew, I guess...)

Silent Dragonfly
25th November 2004, 04:14 PM
Ok, When battling Wild Deoxys, it will be in RuSa sprite with the stats of the paticular version. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but it's core and the line down it's face are blue on the RuSa, FR and LG sprites. However on Emerald, both it's Original Sprite and Speed sprite have PURPLE cores and lines, which is pretty odd. Just thought I'd point it out here for people to puzzle over.