PDA

View Full Version : Cheesey vs Pichu (Ref: aragornbird)

Cheesey
21st November 2004, 09:15 AM
1 vs 1
Send our pokemon to the referee
You attack first
1 week DQ

Arena: It's a huge, ice cold lake. There are no platforms that can be jumped on or maneuvered (sp?) across, and there are also lots of little icebergs that float around. They vary in size (how much they vary is completely up to the ref) and can get in the way of various attacks and such. The lake is very deep, but neither of the pokemon can go too deep down because the pressure gets very high. The weather is always very cloudy, and Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Sandstorm won't change it at all. Neither battler is allowed to go onto the bank of the lake.

Any takers...? And if you have any questions about the arena then feel free to tell me through PM or on AIM.

aragornbird
21st November 2004, 02:22 PM
A nice short battle. I guess I can ref this one.

Pichu
21st November 2004, 03:20 PM
Time to take revenge over my chinchou >=O

I'll accept your challenge. =P

aragornbird
21st November 2004, 03:37 PM
All right Pichu, I'm waiting for your selection. Cheesey has already AIMed me his.

EDIT: Okay, let's go!

~*~*PRE-BATTLE*~*~

Better pack along a warm jacket or fur coat as today's battle takes us into the middle of an icy lake. Two trainers approached this cold arena and both hurled their PokeBalls into the air. In the water appeared a Dratini, perfectly suited for this watery environment. A Natu appeared hovering in the air, then perched on one of the smaller icebergs across from his dragon opponent. This battle will be short, but that doesn't mean it won't be fierce.

Trainer: Cheesey
Pokemon: Artemis (Female Dratini)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Fine

Trainer: Pichu
Pokemon: Mithrandir (Male Natu)

Arena condition: Cloudy, but fine

Pichu
21st November 2004, 04:37 PM
Confuse Ray – Psychic x 2

Use Faint Attack if she use Toxic / Ice
Calm Mind, if she uses attract or swagger.
Teleport to a 'safe' location if she uses environmental attacks such as Surf, etc.

Cheesey
22nd November 2004, 10:35 AM
Okay Artemis, start off by shileding yourself with Safeguard. Then leap out of the water and use a Thunder Wave. Finally, jump back out again and use a Thunderbolt.

Safeguard - Thunder Wave - Thunderbolt

aragornbird
28th November 2004, 08:48 PM
Sorry for not reffing in a while. ^^;
I was really busy this holiday weekend with projects. I'll hopefully have one done tomorrow.

EDIT: okay, done!

~*~*ROUND 1*~*~

Commands: Safeguard – Thunder Wave - Thunderbolt

Commands: Confuse Ray – Psychic x2, Faint Attack/Calm Mind/Teleport

~*~*~*~

Mithrandir wasted no time in starting off with a Confuse Ray. Bright circles of light emanated from the little bird’s eyes, traveling towards the Dratini. But Artemis quickly shrouded herself in a green veil. The rays bounced off her protective layer and disappeared.

Groaning in annoyance, the Natu’s eyes flashed blue as his dragon opponent was quickly twisted into a painful position. Artemis yelped in pain, but soon recovered from the telekinetic blow and leapt into the air. In this way she could prevent herself from getting shocked by her own electric attack, including this Thunder Wave. A blue lightning bolt lashed out at Mithrandir and struck his round green body. The Natu slipped off the ice and fell into the water.

Mithrandir splashed desperately in the icy cold water as he grabbed a hold of the ice floe again. He tried to begin another Psychic assault but was immediately stopped as Artemis’s fierce Thunderbolt struck his wet body, slamming him a few meters away into a larger iceberg. The Natu staggered back up and glared angrily at the Dratini, still drifting in the water.

~*~*~*~

Health: 90%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Fine, Safeguard Activated (3 more rounds)

Health: 84%
Energy: 92%
Condition: Cold and wet, Paralyzed

Arena condition: Same

Cheesey
2nd December 2004, 11:05 AM
Start off with Hail and then make sure you dive back down into the water afterwards. Try to swim up to Mithrandir (like, try to look up from underwater or something) and then jump out and use Thunderbolt before diving straight back in. Whilst you're underwater, use Agility and then preparefor the next round so you're nice and fast...

Hail ~ Thunderbolt ~ Agility

Pichu
8th December 2004, 09:36 PM
Um... forum is sure bright... X_X;

Refresh - Disable - Future Sight

Pichu
8th December 2004, 09:41 PM
Um... forum is sure bright... X_X;

just note to psychic to hold the dratini down IN the water, so it electrocutes itself.

Refresh - Psychic* - Future Sight

aragornbird
11th December 2004, 03:53 PM
~*~*ROUND 2*~*~

Health: 90%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Fine, Safeguard Activated (3 more rounds)
Commands: Hail – Thunderbolt - Agility

Health: 84%
Energy: 92%
Condition: Cold and wet, Paralyzed
Commands: Refresh – Psychic – Future Sight

~*~*~*~

Artemis quickly dove underwater. With his opponent out of sight, Mithrandir took the chance to heal himself. His body glowed white as he felt the paralysis fade away from his muscles. Suddenly, the already cloudy sky started dropping hailstones like miniature icy bombs. The Natu was struck by the stones, but Artemis was safe underwater.

Artemis swam up to the little iceberg that the Natu was perched on. With a burst of speed, she leapt out of the water again, charging electricity from the gem on her forehead. Mithrandir reacted quickly, his eyes flashing blue as he pushed the Dratini back into the water. A huge shockwave of electricity radiated outwards, shocking both the Natu and the Dratini, who also took some Psychic damage.

The dragon was slightly stunned, but dove back into the icy water and dashed around speedily. Meanwhile, the bird waited patiently above the water, his eyes glowing blue again as he looked into the future to foresee an attack. The hailstones continued to drop from the sky.

~*~*~*~

Health: 78%
Energy: 78%
Condition: Fine, Safeguard Activated (2 more rounds)

Health: 69%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Content, Future Sight Activated

Arena condition: Hail Activated (3 more rounds)

Cheesey
18th December 2004, 03:43 PM
Are you there, Pichu? I'll give it until the 21st for you to post attacks, but I'm not going to give you any more chances, just so you know... =/

Pichu
18th December 2004, 07:51 PM
Oh, its one week today! O_O;

Anyway, I'm trying to ref those remaining battles and I've been busy shopping :love:

ok, um .. Psychic x 3 to force him underwater.
also, reverse his projectiles back at him using Psychic.

Cheesey
22nd December 2004, 08:29 AM
Okay Artemis, jump out of the water as quickly as you can (may as well put the agility to good use!) and use Attract on Mithrandir. Then try to use Toxic on him as well. If he pushes you down into the water so you can't use it, use Twister. Then finish up with Light Screen if Mithrandir uses Psychic. If he's attracted to you then use Shock Wave.

Attract ~ Toxic/Twister ~ Light Screen/Shock Wave

I hope that wasn't too confusing...

aragornbird
27th December 2004, 03:25 PM
~*~*ROUND 3*~*~

Health: 78%
Energy: 78%
Condition: Fine, Safeguard Activated (2 more rounds)
Commands: Attract - Toxic/Twister - Light Screen/Shock Wave

Health: 69%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Content, Future Sight Activated
Commands: Psychic x3

~*~*~*~

Mithrandir focused on the Dratini’s head sticking above the surface of the water. He began a Psychic attack, but then noticed how the little dragon had leapt up gracefully while smiling affectionately at him with sparkling eyes. The Natu could not force himself to attack such a wondrous sight and simply sat back and gazed longingly at his “love”.

Artemis knew her plan was working, so she took her time with her next attack. The Natu was not going to be attacking soon anyways. Finally, she spat a glob of sticky poison at the little bird. Mithrandir squawked as the venom burned his skin and feathers. He gradually began coming back to his senses as the poison entered his body. Suddenly, a bright orange glow appeared in the sky and shot down, striking the Dratini. It seemed Mithrandir’s Future Sight was well timed for this occasion.

The bird snapped out of his infatuation and tried another Psychic assault on his opponent. But Artemis quickly blocked the telekinetic forces with a Light Screen. The screen may have prevented Psychic damage, but it did not protect her from the failing hail as the chunks of ice damaged both of the combatants. Mithrandir suffered further damage from his poison.

~*~*~*~

Health: 68%
Energy: 69%
Condition: Light Screen Activated, Safeguard Activated (1 more round)

Health: 63%
Energy: 75%
Condition: Badly Poisoned, Angry

Arena condition: Hail Activated (2 more rounds)

Cheesey
2nd January 2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry I took so long but lately I've really had no idea what to use...

Er, start off with Supersonic - then, whilst he's confused, use Attract on him. Finish up with a Dragonbreath.

Supersonic ~ Attract ~ Dragonbreath

Pichu
10th January 2005, 02:58 PM
Calm Mind / if that is not enough to stop supersonic, use Protect
Then close eyes and release Haze
Finally, Psychic

Calm Mind / Protect - Haze - Psychic

aragornbird
11th January 2005, 07:59 PM
~*~*ROUND 3*~*~

Health: 68%
Energy: 69%
Condition: Light Screen Activated, Safeguard Activated (1 more round)
Commands: Supersonic - Attract - Dragonbreath

Health: 63%
Energy: 75%
Condition: Badly Poisoned, Angry
Commands: Calm Mind / Protect - Haze - Psychic

~*~*~*~

Artemis tilted her head up as she emitted several supersonic waves aimed at her feathered combatant. But the Natu quickly blocked out all outside distractions by using his Calm Mind technique. When both attacks had subsided, Mithrandir was feeling more focused and calm.

The Dratini grumbled in disappointment, then tried to use their opposite genders to her advantage. She swam gracefully in the water, flicking her ears and wagging her tail to look cute and affectionate. But her actions were greeted by a thick black cloud from a bird that totally ignored her actions.

When Mithrandir reopened his eyes, he found that he could not see the dragon. No matter, the Natu used his pumped-up psychic powers to detect the Dratini’s location before delivering a rather powerful telekinetic blow. Most of the attack focused on destroying the weakening Light Screen, but once that was done, Artemis found herself knocked back by the force. Slightly shaken from the attack, Artemis was slightly worried that she could not see her opponent either, but tried her best shot by blowing out a plume of dragon energy. Her attack was slightly successful, striking the Natu on his side, but was still weak. Meanwhile, hailstones continued to drop, hitting both battlers while Mithrandir took additional damage from his poison. Finally, the veil that once protected the Dratini finally faded away.

~*~*~*~

Health: 59%
Energy: 60%
Condition: Content, slightly tired

Health: 53%
Energy: 65%
Condition: Badly Poisoned, Calm

Arena condition: Hail Activated (1 more round), black cloud covering both combatants

Pichu
12th January 2005, 12:45 PM
Psychic x 3 ...

move to a different place each time, since you can find her with psychic, and she can't find you .. a.k.a. gorilla .. err .. guerilla(sp??) tactics(terminology) XD (I can't remember my social sciences ;S )

Cheesey
15th January 2005, 09:18 AM
Sorry I took a while but I don't know what guerilla tactics are and I can't find it out anywhere so I don't know how to attack...

Use Double Team so that there's a chance he won't be able to get you with Psychic. Then, use Twister in the direction that you think he is (or at him if you can see him since I don't know what Mithrandir is actually doing :/) and finish up with Attract if you can see him or Safeguard if you don't.

Double Team ~ Twister ~ Attract/Safeguard

Pichu
15th January 2005, 06:01 PM
Double Team ..... in hail? :S

Just rambling .. I had an urge in my heart to post, or I may go crazy. x_X;

oh btw...

Guerilla:
A member of an irregular, usually indigenous military or paramilitary unit operating in small bands in occupied territory to harass and undermine the enemy, as by surprise raids.

ie: in other words, pop in from nowhere and attack, then run away. or in simpler terms, hit and run.

aragornbird
16th January 2005, 09:10 PM
~*~*ROUND 4*~*~

Health: 59%
Energy: 60%
Condition: Content, slightly tired
Commands: Double Team – Twister – Attract/Safeguard

Health: 53%
Energy: 65%
Condition: Badly Poisoned, Calm
Commands: Psychic x3

Arena condition: Hail Activated (1 more round)

~*~*~*~

Artemis thought she could make the battle harder for her feathered opponent by duplicating into three identical copies. But the falling hailstones made her efforts futile and also dealt small damage to both battlers. Mithrandir spotted a nearby ice flow, flapped over to it, and then released a blast of Psychic energy that struck the Dratini from behind. The attack also managed to disperse much of the black fog. Before she could turn around, the nimble bird hopped back to his original location.

The Dratini was frustrated, but the Natu was relentless. He quickly released another Psychic burst then hopped off to another iceberg. But as soon as Artemis recovered from the blow, she spun around rapidly, creating a fierce tornado filled with wind and icy water. The attack was close enough to Mithrandir to suck him into the twister, hurling him around and around before subsiding. The hapless fell back onto the ice with a thud.

Though it was a shaky experience, the Natu was still focused from his previous Calm Mind. He kept up his hit-and-run tactic, fluttering quickly to another iceberg. Artemis decided to play it safe and set up a second Safeguard. Meanwhile, she was buffeted by a third Psychic attack. Finally, the clouds cleared and the hail stopped falling. However, the Natu still had to contend with his mounting poison damage.

~*~*~*~

Health: 35%
Energy: 51%
Condition: Frustrated, very tired, Safeguard activated (3 more rounds)

Health: 37%
Energy: 52%
Condition: Badly Poisoned, calm, very tired

Arena condition: Clouds clearing

Cheesey
22nd January 2005, 03:28 PM
Artemis, dive deep down into the water so that Mithrandir won't be able to get you; even if he does manage, though it'll hopefully tire him out in doing so. Then, relax if you're still deep in the water. Calm yourself down and gain a little energy back. If for some reason he manages to lift you out using Psychic or something then use Rain Dance. Then return to the surface and fire an Ice Beam at him. If you're already at the surface and it's raining use Surf. If you're at the surface already and it's not raining use Ice Beam.

Dive deep down ~ Relax/Rain Dance ~ Ice Beam/Surf

Pichu
24th January 2005, 12:21 PM
- Future Sight

- hurt her with Psychic
ie: not 'lift' :D

- counter the ice beam with your Night Shade
ie: the Orange League episode, Ash's Lapras used Ice beam against the elite's ghost pokémon who used Night Shade (forgot what pokemon ;_;)

aragornbird
25th January 2005, 07:26 PM
It was a Gengar.

~*~*ROUND 6*~*~

Health: 35%
Energy: 51%
Condition: Frustrated, very tired, Safeguard activated (3 more rounds)
Commands: Dive deep down - Relax/Rain Dance - Ice Beam/Surf

Health: 37%
Energy: 52%
Condition: Badly Poisoned, calm, very tired
Commands: Future Sight – Psychic – Night Shade

Arena condition: Clouds clearing

~*~*~*~

Both Pokemon were tired and weakened, but were still determined to dish out plenty more damage during the next couple rounds. However, Artemis avoided confrontation by diving straight down, hoping to evade any attacks. The Natu waited it out by looking into the future. It did not take long for the bird to foresee an attack that may help him out during the rest of the battle.

The Dratini was still deep under water and decided to bide her time by replenishing some energy. Mithrandir focused heavily on his increased psychic powers to locate the Dratini, but even this took a lot of energy since Artemis was so far down. The psychic damage that he dealt was not very great, but still enough to weaken the dragon a little.

Finally, Artemis had enough of waiting around and shot back up to the surface. She was greeted by Mithrandir’s glowing purple eyes and had to quickly set up an Ice Beam to counter it. The ghostly rays and the icy beam slammed in midair and created a pretty powerful explosion that knocked into both combatants. But that wasn’t all. The Natu’s poison damage was getting pretty unbearable for the little bird. Artemis smirked, but not before a strong psychic beam shot from the air. The Future Sight had hit! Now both Pokemon were on the very edge and it would most likely take the next round to decide who’s the victor.

~*~*~*~

Health: 14%
Energy: 58%
Condition: weak from Psychic blasts, slightly more relaxed, Safeguard activated (2 more rounds)

Health: 11%
Energy: 40%
Condition: Shaken, Badly Poisoned, calm, extremely tired

Arena condition: Clear

Pichu
26th January 2005, 01:04 PM
mmm... not this again.. -_- ..

Rest - Sleep Talk - Sleep Talk

Cheesey
26th January 2005, 02:11 PM
As soon as he starts to Rest, hit him with an Ice Beam. Then, get him with Surf because that may drag him underneath the water since he's entranced. If it does drag him under, use Surf again. If it doesn't work, use Ice Beam again. I wonder how it'll work out...

Ice Beam ~ Surf ~ Ice Beam/Surf

aragornbird
29th January 2005, 05:32 PM
~*~*ROUND 7*~*~

Health: 14%
Energy: 58%
Condition: weak from Psychic blasts, slightly more relaxed, Safeguard activated (2 more rounds)
Commands: Ice Beam – Surf – Surf/Ice Beam

Health: 11%
Energy: 40%
Condition: Shaken, Badly Poisoned, calm, extremely tired
Commands: Rest – Sleep Talk x2

~*~*~*~

Not doing to well in his present condition, the little Natu desperately tries to recover whatever health he could by falling into a sleep-like trance. Most of his injuries quickly vanished and his poison disappeared as he entered a deep slumber. Artemis fired a beam of ice at the sleeping bird, dealing a lot of damage, but Mithrandir did not seem to notice the attack at all.

Now was the time for the Dratini to deal as much damage as possible. But before she could do that, the Natu stirred then leapt into the air and darted speedily at the dragon, slamming into her side. He had just used Quick Attack! Shaking off the light blow, Artemis conjured up a wall of water that slammed down on the Natu, dragging it into the chilly waters. But even that did not break the bird’s sleep.

Artemis pummeled the Natu with another wave of water. For a moment, there was no movement coming from underwater. Then there was a flash of light, but nothing more. Artemis did not know what happened, but unknown to her, Mithrandir had use Teleport to escape from the water and onto an ice floe behind his opponent.

~*~*~*~

Health: 10%
Energy: 47%
Condition: Perplexed, Safeguard activated (1 more round), very tired

Health: 24%
Energy: 35%
Condition: Cold and wet, Asleep (3 more actions), calm, extremely tired

Cheesey
30th January 2005, 06:05 AM
Meh, I'll go to my last resort. Sorry Tom, I know I must be getting annoying.

Rest ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Pichu
30th January 2005, 06:27 PM
Ok .. try to Snore as loud as you can and try to cancel that Rest.
(i can't sleep if someone snores that loudly too >_>)

Next, Sleep talk x 2

^_^

aragornbird
5th February 2005, 12:22 PM
Sorry for the delay, but this battle is almost over anyways.

~*~*ROUND 8*~*~

Health: 10%
Energy: 47%
Condition: Perplexed, Safeguard activated (1 more round), very tired
Commands: Rest - Sleep Talk x2

Health: 24%
Energy: 35%
Condition: Cold and wet, Asleep (3 more actions), calm, extremely tired
Commands: Snore – Sleep Talk x2

~*~*~*~

Artemis was still trying to find the whereabouts of her feathered opponent but upon receiving the order to rest, she began to settle down and close her eyes. Suddenly, a great loud noise erupted out of no where, startling the Dratini and preventing her from completing her attack. Artemis turned around and saw the still sleeping Natu hidden behind an iceberg behind her.

She fumed at the bird who deprived her of health recovery and dashed at him, giving him a whack with her tail that only did light damage. Meanwhile, Mithrandir jumped onto the dragon’s head and poked her skin with his beak, draining health in the form of Giga Drain. This severely weakened the already weak and tired dragon, who was feeling quite light-headed.

A final Peck attack from Mithrandir caused Artemis to yelp in pain before fainting in the water as the Natu soon woke up and discovered that he was victorious!

~*~*~*~

Health: 0%
Energy: 0%
Condition: Fainted

Health: 26%
Energy: 25%
Condition: Happy, extremely tired

Congrats to Pichu, the winner.
You both did a great job!

Cheesey
5th February 2005, 12:25 PM
x_X Well poo. Congratulations though Tom, it was most certainly an interesting battle!

Pichu
11th February 2005, 02:40 PM
:what: .. :O

I won?! .. Oh I didn't know. :no:

Good battle you too, Cheesey! We'll battle again some other day! =D

and nice reffing too, aragornbird! ^_^