PDA

View Full Version : I just realised

WaterTrainer
24th November 2004, 02:57 PM
That the legendary beasties in Fr/Lg actually run in their sleep, unlike GSC. Also, Suicune would be the easiest to catch among the 3, because it doesn't have Roar. I find it weird that they are able to run while they are sleeping. Here's another thing. When you put the beasties to sleep and you save, the number of turns that they sleep will be set, so you know exactly how many Pokeballs approximately to throw. One more thing about them, Raikou and Entei disappear off the map after they use Roar on your Pokemon. Can you still catch them even though they are off the map?

andyizcool
24th November 2004, 03:15 PM
One more thing about them, Raikou and Entei disappear off the map after they use Roar on your Pokemon. Can you still catch them even though they are off the map?
If they're not on your Map then they've disappeared forever. So you should try and catch the Legendary Beast before that happens or you'll have to reset.

WingullTrainer
24th November 2004, 03:41 PM
You've gotta be kidding! Who came up with that one? I never played the game past the seven islands, so i never looked for them anyway-now I'm glad i never bothered.

andyizcool
24th November 2004, 04:53 PM
You've gotta be kidding! Who came up with that one? I never played the game past the seven islands, so i never looked for them anyway-now I'm glad i never bothered.
The Legendary Beast depending on your Starter Pokemon appears anywhere in Kanto once you have the National Pokedex. I don't know why it's gone forever but once it disappears off the Map that means you'll never find it again.

Orion
24th November 2004, 06:41 PM
I think it's just a mistake the programmers made, making the game think that they've been defeated in Battle if they use Roar...

Oh well. I think they went completely cheap in that they can still run when asleep. I could understand the Lati@s since they have Psychic powers, but those Beasts... whatever. Good info, WaterTrainer.

It's a good thing I have Colosseum and I'm eager to play it regardless of it being a bad game. Not only I get infinite shots at the Beasts, but I can select Nature (Aiming at three Modest Beasts this time.) AND I get random IVs to boot (Which compared to the FR/LG Beasts, results in high, likely better IVs.), and I don't have to track'em down.

WaterTrainer
24th November 2004, 08:55 PM
So... you're saying it's a glitch? Lucky I didn't save my game

rinku
24th November 2004, 10:08 PM
Best to hunt them with a Soundproof or Suction Cup lead, then. Mr.Mime would go OK, as it could stall with Subs and screens, and Encore would be useful to lock it into Roar until it uses up all its PP (mind you, since Roar has 20PP this is a little easier said than done). It can learn Hypnosis as an egg move, so that would work well too. Something like:

Hypnosis
Encore
Confusion/Magical Leaf (you don't want to cause too much damage)
Reflect/Substitute

WaterTrainer
25th November 2004, 06:35 AM
Best to hunt them with a Soundproof or Suction Cup lead, then. Mr.Mime would go OK, as it could stall with Subs and screens, and Encore would be useful to lock it into Roar until it uses up all its PP (mind you, since Roar has 20PP this is a little easier said than done). It can learn Hypnosis as an egg move, so that would work well too. Something like:

Hypnosis
Encore
Confusion/Magical Leaf (you don't want to cause too much damage)
Reflect/Substitute

That's if you can trap them... how about Ariados and Mr. Mime? Get Ariados to BP Spider Web to Mr. Mime, so you can try catching it.

rinku
25th November 2004, 05:51 PM
Well... I'm assuming that if they flee you can still chase them. The trouble with BPing Spider Web or Mean Look is the chance of them using Roar on the first turn, when you are setting it up.

Personally, the Master Ball looks good to me.