PDA

View Full Version : Who's Playing Everquest II?

.hacker
25th November 2004, 11:19 PM
Are you playing Everquest II or do you plan on getting it? What are your comments about it?

I want to get a copy of the game, but I wpuldn't have time to play it yet. So I guess I'll wait until Christmas... :cry:

P.S. If you like the game, give thanks to my brother for working very hard on designing the game. :yes:

ryandude713
26th November 2004, 02:55 AM
well i cant say that i will pick up this game
i tried the first one and just didnt like it
the graphics are okay, but id say there are better mmo's out there
but if you really want it then go for it
just make sure your character is a short guy with a big weapon

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th November 2004, 03:32 AM
I have it and play it for a few hours every day. Really a great piece of work with pretty much the best graphics and sound that can be found in any game right now.

Downside is even with a top end PC you won't be able to play it on its full potential yet. I have an Athlon 64 4000+, 2 Gigs RAM and a Geforce 6800 Ultra card and can only play it on the "High Quality" graphics setting flawlessly (there are two higher quality settings).

Quests are fun and pretty much the same as those in World of Warcraft (I played both in beta). The tradeskill system is a bit slow but very realistic.

All in all EQ2 is for those who don't just want to play for an hour and then camp out again.

I can recommend EQ2 to almost everyone. If you love PvP action though, stay far away from it.

Razola
27th November 2004, 02:44 AM
Never was interested in it, and the fact that it was squeaked in two weeks before WoW makes me think there was a commercial purpose there. Such a big release and yet the beta wasn't long at all.

I can only afford so many MMORPGs, and right now my cash is going to WoW and CoH.

MetalScyther
30th November 2004, 09:17 PM
out of curiosity, what th ehell were you smoking when you bought those computer parts?

if your business gave those to you for "work" or you got them for free or something, then i can understand, otherwise you are very stupid or bleed money :/

since i recently got broadband i might try a mmorpg, im talking to some dude and im thinking everquest II or wow...maybe guild wars, not sure.