PDA

View Full Version : Preview: The Last Trainer

Hanada Tattsu
27th November 2004, 09:36 PM
Hey, all!

This is a preview for my new trainer fic. Yes, its a trainer fic with Kantan Pokemon in the Kanto region. But I've added a historical twist to it. Its about a young trainer in 1940s Kanto - where right-wing nationalists have taken over - and gotten Kanto into World War II. The story of a trainer who travels around with his Pokemon - just as the government gets more and more authoritarian.

Hear the tale of a boy with perseverence, strength and dignity.. who tries to prevent war as much as possible. About 40 Chapters long.

I will still continue Tracey's Quest.. but let's just see how well this does.

Gavin Luper
28th November 2004, 01:41 AM
Going back in time, so to speak, is pretty rare for pokémon fics. And, as it's a trainer fic, the backdrop to the fic could be exceptional. I like this idea a lot - you should definitely go ahead with it if you can.

Cheers!

Chris 2.1
28th November 2004, 04:47 AM
It sounds great. Capturing the position of a trainer travelling through hardcore conflict would be a really unique expirience, and it's really different.

I would advise, however, to write one fic at a time. I'm still juggling two and it's REALLY irritating. I'd finish Tracey's Quest first.

Hanada Tattsu
28th November 2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys! =)

Yeah, I'm deciding what to do with this. I'm thinking I will probably put TQ on hiatus for about a month or so just to relax my ideas and write this - and then move on to TQ.. how's that sound?

Hanada Tattsu
29th December 2004, 07:40 PM
This was posted in the original topic ~

---

Hello Readers ~

I have decided to discontinue this fanfic. My final chapter has just been posted above. I think I tried to make it too historical, and I just don't think I have enough skills to tie these in together at the same time while I write my other fanfic. I will keep this idea in hand so maybe I can continue it someday when I finish my other fic - but that will not occur.

I thank my readers for their comments.

My only other (and from now on my one and only) fanfic, Tracey's Quest, will continue, and, when that finishes, I shall retire from fanfic writing.

Now, mods, either close this - or please delete it - or move it to completed fanfics. If it is not deleted by January 1st, I will delete it myself.

Thanks for the shortlived support..

Hanada
12-29-2004

P.S - My new fic schedule is that TQ is to be written Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday. I will make those chapters better !^^