PDA

View Full Version : A general forum discussion + Deck [To All]

Dark-San
28th November 2004, 08:36 AM
It is just me or that there are lots of ppl out there having a Anti- WPM Campaign. Well ppl like homeofmew and Last Exile are resorting to putting up the anti WPM message in their signature. What is happening actually? I don't understand the situation at all. Why would a responsible moderater as far as I know became such a hated figure?

Well I remember WPM teliing us why he got demodded. But why is the anti WPM message still hanging around? Maybe someone neutral would like to explain this to me!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay lets say if WPM can nv be a mod. again, isn't the right time for us to choose a new mod.? Lets analyse the situation we have now. Looking at both of our present mods., Roarkiller is always busy so we can't actually expect him always to be in the forum. Reason for him being busy is simple. He is now like me currently serving the nation as an military personnel. The second mod. we hav Alec. Well he is always not around. He is like visiting the message board in an average like once a month?

And also the minimum number of mods we hav at present in every forum of pokemaster's is actually three. But why do we hav 2 only? Also that this is a trading card forum. However from what I see from here, both of the mods. are only skilled at playing pokemon TCG. What about Duel Monsters? We have Duel Monster's players here too! Don't we deserve a mod. here that knows and currently playing competitive Duel Monsters tournaments?

I hav a few persons in mind to recommend for the mod. position. The first person that came to my mind is Jay aka Yoh Askura. He is a good player with 5 years of YGO playing experience. He knows particularly knows how to play and build any deck. From Chaos to Insect, you named it you will get it. However, the main problem is that he is currently serving his ban at the forum. Even if he comes back, I don't expect him to get that mod. postion since lots of ppl at other forums are after his blood. Chances are as good as none.

The second person that came to my mind was SWAMPER1. Yes he try to fill in Jay's boots by posting interesting discussion Duel Monster's topics. He is working hard and I must admit he will be a great duelist in future. The main problem of this time round is that he only came to this forum later than most of the members at this forum. So that will make him the 'junior' (No offense SWAMPER1). Besides he got banned several times before and lucky for him is that WPM help to unban him. Give him a few months to mature and I'm sure he will be a good mod. material.

The third and final person that I thought of would proberly the person I would vote for being the third mod. is Last Exile. Why him? Well there are tons of factors to support him being the third mod. here. Firstly, he is currently the mod. for the 'Other Animes' forum. For there is not a need of worrying him of abusing his mod. power or him being not able to handle the forum properly.

Secondly, he is a Duel Monster player with a proven record. What I mean by proven record is actually regularly joining tournaments and participating in nationals. Currently to my knowledge, there are only 3 person in this forum having proven records. One of them is the Last Exile, the other is Jay and the last one being me.

Thirdly he knows how to post interesting topics. Look at wat he had posted at the 'Other Animes' and you will know that he is a person able to stir up the morale of the members here to engage in active participation of discussions.

Finally he is always visiting the board on a regular basis. So we don't have to worry abt the forum here being unattended.

So well mods. of TCG forum? What are your opinions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

<Deck posting later in the week> First thing first is to get my message to the ppl in the forum here!

Water Pokemon Master
28th November 2004, 10:53 AM
Heh, I come to this forum every day. Kinda lost all motivation to post anymore in here because I thought people would say some jerkish things.

Yoh Asakura will never be modded, EVER. I can gurantee that 100%. Little_Pikachu will not allow it. I am not sure about Swampert, but I don't think she would let him get modded (no offense, Swamppy, you are a nice guy though) I don't think she would allow him to get modded because he is inexperienced and because of the time he had that sexually offensive avatar...

I don't know about Last Exile. He hates Pokemon, so I don't see how he'd do. Might be a good try to get him modded, though.

(and I am still awaiting to be modded back. I have to wait a little longer, but I am pretty sure I will be modded again.)

The Muffin Man
28th November 2004, 02:41 PM
Heh, I come to this forum every day. Kinda lost all motivation to post anymore in here because I thought people would say some jerkish things.

Yoh Asakura will never be modded, EVER. I can gurantee that 100%. Little_Pikachu will not allow it. I am not sure about Swampert, but I don't think she would let him get modded (no offense, Swamppy, you are a nice guy though) I don't think she would allow him to get modded because he is inexperienced and because of the time he had that sexually offensive avatar...

I don't know about Last Exile. He hates Pokemon, so I don't see how he'd do. Might be a good try to get him modded, though.

(and I am still awaiting to be modded back. I have to wait a little longer, but I am pretty sure I will be modded again.)

Ha. If I know Suzie, I don't think you'll ever get modded back now.

As for a new mod, I say we wait. For the time being, we really don't need a new mod.

And Dark - there's been like 2, maybe 3 Duel Masters topics I've seen, really. No real need for it. Otherwise we'd have to accomidate the DBZ TCG, and Yu Yu Hakusho, and Neopets, and Marvel Vs...

SWAMPERT1
28th November 2004, 08:28 PM
For the whole Anti-WPM thing, I dont really know how he got banned (aka. I forgot X]), but I am currently neutral about the issue and dont plan to be an ass to him in the future by saying anything about Anti WPM because WPM is really a good guy. I really think that its unfair that all these people are teaming up against him. This is what I would like to call, "Net" bullying. But thats enoguh about that isnt it.

Darkyouth~ I play in tournaments myself, I just thought know one would care so I never posted about it. I would go to BIG torunys but unfortunatly, they are always to far away from me and my parents wont drive me :[, so I dont think its fair to judge on that.

Jay will never be mod unfortunatly unless some kind of miracle happens. It not that he cant do a good job its just, he's banned and I dont think he is on L_P's like list.

I personaly would love to be a mod for the TCG section and I think I would do an AWSOME. I come here atleast 6-10 times a day to see what has been posted if I'm not busy with school, friends, ect. and have played Duel Monsters since day one. I also enjoy to play a Pokemon TCG game ever so often. So I guess if you get to vote for a mod, vote me :P

If Last_Exile became the mod, I know he would do a great job because he has modding experience. I wouldnt mind IF he became the moderator of the TCG forums, although I would be sad that I didnt get it :P lolz.

Finally... I cant wait to see that deck Darkyouth.

Water Pokemon Master~ Its sad that you lost your motivation to post WPM. If you need some motivation then hear is some. You are helping make this board, less dead.

About the avatar, I feal real bad about that, now that I realize more from growing a bit older. It was wrong to have a sexest avatar towards women but I insure you that I would NEVER do anything like that again. I think though that my ban made me a batter poster and it taught me NOT to do stupid crap on these boards (or any boards for that matter).

Also WPM, this concerns me being inexperienced. It may be true at modding but I am probably the most neutral person on the board along with a bare few others.

Lastly, this concerns an issue that may be personal to you but why DID you exactly get demodded. I dont remember fully. If you dont want to say, you dont have to.

The Muffin Man~DY said Duel MONSTERS, not MASTERS X]. Also, DBZ, Yu Yu, ect. are not that mainstream so they are not even considered in the picture for this board. Pokemon and YuGiOh are though.

mr_pikachu
28th November 2004, 09:32 PM
The third and final person that I thought of would proberly the person I would vote for being the third mod. is Last Exile. Why him? Well there are tons of factors to support him being the third mod. here. Firstly, he is currently the mod. for the 'Other Animes' forum. For there is not a need of worrying him of abusing his mod. power or him being not able to handle the forum properly.

Secondly, he is a Duel Monster player with a proven record. What I mean by proven record is actually regularly joining tournaments and participating in nationals. Currently to my knowledge, there are only 3 person in this forum having proven records. One of them is the Last Exile, the other is Jay and the last one being me.

Thirdly he knows how to post interesting topics. Look at wat he had posted at the 'Other Animes' and you will know that he is a person able to stir up the morale of the members here to engage in active participation of discussions.

Finally he is always visiting the board on a regular basis. So we don't have to worry abt the forum here being unattended.

I do think that Ryan would do a good job, but I don't know if he'd take the position. We had a Mod Contest in Fanfic awhile back to determine a new mod when one of the old ones left. About halfway through, Ryan dropped out, because he was "too busy" if I remember correctly. Not sure if that's still the case, though, but I thought I'd mention it.

Hmm... not sure who I'd pick if WPM couldn't come back. There are pros and cons for everyone I can think of. Tough call.

Water Pokemon Master
28th November 2004, 09:38 PM
I think I am going to show Suzie this thread tomorrow, so I want your guys' answers to these questions so that she may mod me back. Do you think I was a good mod? Did I ever abuse my powers in here? Was I ever disrespectful to any of you? Do you think I was responsible? Did I get on the ball quickly when it came to things?

SWAMPERT1
28th November 2004, 09:59 PM
Mr. Pikachu, you have brought up a point in which people should pay attention to. This is that no one is 100% Perfect when it comes to picking a mod. I think it will come down to who Little_Pikachu thinks will love this forum and being one of its mods the most.

For example, obviously WPM and I BOTH want to be mods (or atleast will say something about it). Although we both like to post with one another (and rather regulary do), we are not the same. We, like all humans, have pros and cons on us being a mod. I dont want to get into any further about Pros and Cons, so that, there isnt a huge flame war but you get the point right.

mr_pikachu
28th November 2004, 10:18 PM
WPM, I think you've done fine. I honestly have no problem with you, but then, I don't know the reason all the "anti-WPM" stuff was ever started in the first place, either. Maybe I missed someone, or maybe people just wanted someone to flame. But it seems like you've done pretty well to me.

And Swampert, I've gotta agree with you. It also has to do with the style of person Suzie likes most, I think, but you're right in what you say. It'll probably end up being Suzie's preference.

SWAMPERT1
28th November 2004, 10:32 PM
Oh ya, thats what I forgot to add. WPM, you were a good mod. You didnt really have to use your modding powers though because, well, not a whole lot happend.

And mr_pikachu thanx for agreeing.

The Muffin Man
28th November 2004, 11:04 PM
For the whole Anti-WPM thing, I dont really know how he got banned (aka. I forgot X]), but I am currently neutral about the issue and dont plan to be an ass to him in the future by saying anything about Anti WPM because WPM is really a good guy. I really think that its unfair that all these people are teaming up against him. This is what I would like to call, "Net" bullying. But thats enoguh about that isnt it.

Darkyouth~ I play in tournaments myself, I just thought know one would care so I never posted about it. I would go to BIG torunys but unfortunatly, they are always to far away from me and my parents wont drive me :[, so I dont think its fair to judge on that.

Jay will never be mod unfortunatly unless some kind of miracle happens. It not that he cant do a good job its just, he's banned and I dont think he is on L_P's like list.

I personaly would love to be a mod for the TCG section and I think I would do an AWSOME. I come here atleast 6-10 times a day to see what has been posted if I'm not busy with school, friends, ect. and have played Duel Monsters since day one. I also enjoy to play a Pokemon TCG game ever so often. So I guess if you get to vote for a mod, vote me :P

If Last_Exile became the mod, I know he would do a great job because he has modding experience. I wouldnt mind IF he became the moderator of the TCG forums, although I would be sad that I didnt get it :P lolz.

Finally... I cant wait to see that deck Darkyouth.

Water Pokemon Master~ Its sad that you lost your motivation to post WPM. If you need some motivation then hear is some. You are helping make this board, less dead.

About the avatar, I feal real bad about that, now that I realize more from growing a bit older. It was wrong to have a sexest avatar towards women but I insure you that I would NEVER do anything like that again. I think though that my ban made me a batter poster and it taught me NOT to do stupid crap on these boards (or any boards for that matter).

Also WPM, this concerns me being inexperienced. It may be true at modding but I am probably the most neutral person on the board along with a bare few others.

Lastly, this concerns an issue that may be personal to you but why DID you exactly get demodded. I dont remember fully. If you dont want to say, you dont have to.

The Muffin Man~DY said Duel MONSTERS, not MASTERS X]. Also, DBZ, Yu Yu, ect. are not that mainstream so they are not even considered in the picture for this board. Pokemon and YuGiOh are though.

XD Oh.

Well in that case, Swampert1++.

and WPM - This is totally unbiased, but you were the TCG mod. You didn't have anything to screw up.

Water Pokemon Master
28th November 2004, 11:18 PM
Well Mike, there were occassional things that went on that I had to take care of, especially at the beginning of this year. Lately, there had been a couple of things, but very recently, nothing at all (except Jay, which was when I was not a mod). I did work silently a lot of times (editing posts, deleting posts, etc.) without posting any warnings, so I would say that I did do a lot of things, though there hadn't been any trouble recently.

Would you guys want me to be your Pokemon TCG mod again? :)

The Muffin Man
28th November 2004, 11:19 PM
Well Mike, there were occassional things that went on that I had to take care of, especially at the beginning of this year. Lately, there had been a couple of things, but very recently, nothing at all (except Jay, which was when I was not a mod). I did work silently a lot of times (editing posts, deleting posts, etc.) without posting any warnings, so I would say that I did do a lot of things, though there hadn't been any trouble recently.

Would you guys want me to be your Pokemon TCG mod again? :)

"I did alot of things nobody can verify or prove otherwise :)"

Nice try. I was a mod once, and all deleting and editing posts does it leave no trail for Suzie to follow in case she needs to ban someone. She'll probably make note of that, too.

Water Pokemon Master
28th November 2004, 11:21 PM
Does it really matter? Mods can view deleted posts and everyone can see if a mod has edited a post since it says on the bottom of the post who has edited it.

Jedi
28th November 2004, 11:30 PM
I saw one of those anit-WPM sig the other day. That was actually funny as hell at the time. I figured it was a joke or just one person that got pissed off.

Anyway, I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter much anymore here, but... I'm not a fan of WPM, but he did do his job of mod well. It's not like you need a separate mod for each game either. Although, if you were picking a mod based games, I think you'd chose a mod for something other then duel monsters..

SWAMPERT1
28th November 2004, 11:31 PM
Does it really matter? Mods can view deleted posts and everyone can see if a mod has edited a post since it says on the bottom of the post who has edited it.

He has a point TMM. Suzie can still see if a person edited something and ask what it was for later. So she does have away to see whats up if needed it just takes longer, thats all.

Although, if you were picking a mod based games, I think you'd chose a mod for something other then duel monsters..
Why something other than Duel Monsters? I'm sure the PKMN mods dont know much about Duel Monsters, or any other TCG for that matter, and at somepoint could mistake something as being bad. Although that is not REALLY likely to happen, it could.

The Muffin Man
28th November 2004, 11:32 PM
He has a point TMM. Suzie can still see if a person edited something and ask what it was for later. So she does have away to see whats up if needed it just takes longer, thats all.

And the original post is gone. "well he said "I hate Suzie, heil hitler" So I edited it. :) He said he was gonna kill me for it but I said "Good! Because I will die for my forums!"

It's not exactly tough to lie. Especially with no trail.

SWAMPERT1
28th November 2004, 11:44 PM
Ya I guess on the net its easy to lie to anyone. And if the person you are lieing to believes you then, well, not much can be done about it.

mr_pikachu
29th November 2004, 12:01 AM
Ya I guess on the net its easy to lie to anyone. And if the person you are lieing to believes you then, well, not much can be done about it.

That's a good point. A perfect example of that could be Bjarni. Hell, we still can't really be certain whether or not he had autism.

SWAMPERT1
29th November 2004, 12:06 AM
Bjarni did not have Autism mr_pikachu. The guys name is Jesse Smith I believe and the board he runs LOVES to see Bjarni go to forums and be an idiot on them. There was a big thread about him in Misc. around 6 month ago I think.

Anyways, I need bed NOW. So I guess see ya tomorrow.

Dark-San
29th November 2004, 05:35 AM
I find it stupid for LP to demod WPM because of stupid personal reason lolz~ Personally I feel that if as long as WPM is doing a fine job as a mod. in the TCG forum, why not?

SWAMPER1- No I didn't mean that you ain't participating in tournaments. I just wanna let ppl here know that if we are to choose a new mod., we hav to choose someone who is experience at 'NATIONAL LEVEL'. One fine example is Ryan. For you guys info, he is a semi finalist for the last World Championship that was held in his country. Now isn't that experience valuable? Being able to participate in nationals regluarly means that you will be able to update yourself with the playing trends and decks at first hand. Thus when he is a mod. here, he will be able to update us with all those trends.

I'm very positive on the forum here getting its first Duel Monster (YGO) 's mod.! Well you look at the number of players between playing pokemon and duel monsters. You will notice that the number of players of both games are on par or the number of Duel monster's players might even more than pokemon players here.

I remember Roarkiller mentioning that for being able to become a mod. here. One has to have some form of pokemon TCG background. If you ask me abt that rule, I would say to hell with it lolz~ Ryan is a good player and mod. too! So y should we allow a good candidate to back off because of it? I'm sure the mods. here can make an expection this time round.

We don't have to expect LP to makes the calls here right? Yes shes the admin and we must respect her in some terms. However I believe that the choice of the new moderator should be someone that the members of the TCG forum should vote for and not LP. 'Cause if it for the greater good of this forum, I'm sure LP doesn' mind us making the decision.

And also guys if we are now discussing on who as the next mod. should we pick and not other topics. So if ya guys mind, stop sidetracking lolz~

Roarkiller
29th November 2004, 07:53 AM
#1: A moderator's job scope
A moderator's job, first and foremost, is to maintain a reasonable control over content posted on this board, and to ensure that no rules are broken and that general order is maintained. Flame wars are to be tamed, spam to be taken care off, problematic members to be dealt with. Whatever other requirements asked of from the selected mod depends purely on the other mods and the forum.

#2: Number of moderators in a forum
There is no set number of mods rquired in a forum. Depending on the requirements and needs of a forum, it can have as many as five as as little as zero.

#3: Selection of moderators
Selection of a mod for any forum is done in a purely systematic way. Members are selected for several qualities: activeness, attitude, responsible behaviour being amongst them. Final selection and modship is granted by Little Pikachu (Suzie). Knowledge in the topics at hand is secondary, although highly recommended. Previous bannings and bad behaviour may affect chances of being modded, but never to the point of zero.

#4: Editing/deleting of posts
Editing/deleting of posts is well within the rights of forum mods as long as it is within reasonable reasons. A mod/supermod/admin may edit or delete a post where deemed fit.

-----

Regarding editing and deleting, Mike, Suzie has no problems so far of me editing and deleting posts, as i have done so for yrs. Any deleting/editing was done well within my rights and i have perfectly reasonable reasons to do so, and in fact, is a whole lot better, both for me and the 3rd party, than a warning and a referral to higher orders.

Regarding the need for a new mod for YGH, the only reason i requested Alec to be a mod here was because he had knowledge of YGH, AND WAS THE MOST ACTIVE PLAYER WORTHY OF BEING A MOD. As said, having knowledge of the game is only secondary as far as i, or suzie or this forum for that matter, is concerned. I can easily ask YA to be a mod due to him being the most kowledgeable YGH player besides dkyouth, but due to his horrible record, its still impossible.

Regarding the demodding of WPM, altho the reasons for his demodding might be questionable, fact remains that we do not actually NEED a 3rd mod. I am here and am active enough as of end of march this yr. Unless i have a good enough reason to ask for another mod, usually due to prolonger periods of absence, i don't think suzie would put in another mod. Besides, supermods r there for a reason. And Suzie trusts me enough to do my job properly, and i intend to live up to that expectations.

Regarding the anti-WPM... well now, thats not exactly a topic to be discussed in this forum. But if u guys must know, then it means you guys haven't been visiting misc or Ummm. But to make a long story short, it doesnt pay to be obsessed about pkmn. And everyone knows about jumping on the bandwagon i.e. trend-following.

According to dkyouth, there should be a deck, but there isnt. And since i see no reason for this discussion to be continued...

*k1!k*

P.S. if anyone here thinks this thread should be reopened for any reason, feel free to drop me a PM/email.