PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Underground 2

PNT510
28th November 2004, 02:07 PM
I was in a gamestop store up at the mall a week or so ago looking for a racing game. There wasn't anything that I really wanted though. I already had Mario Kart: DD !!, GT3, PGR2, and Rallisport 2. Just as I was about to leave when saw a display for NFS:U2. At first I was just gonna blow it off seeing how the last Need For Speed I played was Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 at my friends house and I didn't like it. I heard some good things about it though so I decided what the hell and picked it up.

I was very glad to say the least. The game was alot better than I thought it would be. I thought it would be just a bunch of drag races with a circuit race thrown in here or there, so I was very happy when I found out they had six types(Drag, Circuit, Street X, Sprint, Drift, and Underground Racing Leauge). While the racing is nothing too special what makes this game really shine is the customization. You name it you can change it. Hoods, spoilers, tires, rims, windows, mirrors, doors. You can also paint pretty much every part of your car add decals, neons, spinners, speakers, and a number of other things to make your ride look cooler. They also have things like new transmissions, engine parts, breaks, nitros, and other things to improve your cars performance. I've spent more time tweaking and changing every little part of my car than I have actually racing.

I think anyone who is a fan of arcadey racers or people who like lots of customization should pick up this game.

SWAMPERT1
28th November 2004, 11:51 PM
I'm glad that someone here likes it. I asked for it for Christmas but didnt know if it was anygood. I know all about the customization and stuff plus playing online would be awsome because you see other peoples cars and get to see how people would like to customize, say, a Nissan 240sx. PNT510, what did you get it for.

Adz44
30th November 2004, 11:40 AM
My 17 year-old brother, David, wants this game. He really liked the first Underground title. I can play it to an extent, but it's not my favourite genre. He's into cars in real-life, so I suppose it makes sense that he likes NFSU.